• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Syntax, error 1064

Denise Beck

Hi there,

unfortunately. without any knowledge of php, I am trying to use the dynamic menu and have encountered my first problem. The syntax of the following code is wrong and even though this subject was covered years ago, I don't know what to change where. It has to do with inverted commas and quotes.

$result = tep_db_query('select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES . ' c, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . ' cd, ' . TABLE_CATEGORIES_TO_STORES . ' cc where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_id = cc.categories_id and cc.stores_id = "' . STORES_ID . '" and cd.language_id="' . (int)$languages_id .'" '.$parent_query.'order by sort_order, cd.categories_name');

Is there anybody that can help me out quickly? I have tried myself but now I get a blank screen rather than the error message 1064.

Thanks,

Denise

Hi there,

I got the error number wrong. It says:

1146 - Table 'mydatabase.TABLE_CATEGORIES_TO_STORES' doesn't exist

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd, TABLE_CATEGORIES_TO_STORES cc where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_id = cc.categories_id and cc.stores_id = "STORES_ID" and cd.language_id="1" order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

paste the complete error.

Satish Mantri

Hi there,

I got the error number wrong. It says:

1146 - Table 'mydatabase.TABLE_CATEGORIES_TO_STORES' doesn't exist

select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from categories c, categories_description cd, TABLE_CATEGORIES_TO_STORES cc where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and c.categories_id = cc.categories_id and cc.stores_id = "STORES_ID" and cd.language_id="1" order by sort_order, cd.categories_name

Denise,

It would appear to me that you need to run the following sql statement using phpMyAdmin or similar tool;

CREATE TABLE categories_to_stores (
 categories_id int NOT NULL,
 stores_id int NOT NULL,
 PRIMARY KEY (categories_id,stores_id)
);

If the table already exists you will get an SQL error stating that it was unable to create the table. (#1050 - Table 'categories_to_stores' already exists)

Hope this helps... :)

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address