• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

JUST RELEASED! Printable Catalog

Print_Catalog is designed to display your products with pictures and their full description in a printable format. Products are sorted by their categories and the results are then split into printable pages. You have the ability to control how many products are on each page with a definition change in languages/english/print_catalog.php. The Print_Catalog also has it's own stylesheet so that you can simply the layout and customize the colors separately from the rest of your web site. The printable catalog opens in a new window.

A working version can be seen at:

http://www.bird-e-toys.com/osc/catalog/pri...int_catalog.php

what are the differences between this printable cat and:

12/06/2002 - catalog_products_with_images_1_5.zip (2.2-CVS) Author: crshNbrn

This will allow your clients to print a catalog from your site that will have:

image,description,model number,upc number(if you have addon), and price selection

in your customers currency of choise.

Fixed v1.5:

Thanks to "Thomas A. Reinert" <[email protected]> for fixing the language query.

This script will now work with any language now and display the catalog in the language the user is viewing in. Also all products are linked ....might work like all_products does as well for google indexing without session tags.

Note: not sure if this will work with search engine friendly urls turned on ....please email me and let me know if it did or didn't.

crshNbrn

[email protected]

I have this one installed and working on snapshots after 11/2002 - did like the ability to manage and restrict however in admin in your contrib - any thoughts on similarities and/or diff.

Great job!!!

If you visit the working model you will notice that in addition to the images there are FULL descriptions, it is sorted by category, and it is split into smaller pages instead of one long list.

If you visit the working model you will notice that in addition to the images there are FULL descriptions, it is sorted by category, and it is split into smaller pages instead of one long list.

I notice it is "sorted" by category if thats what u wanna call it, but u cannot jump from one category to the next, and what category you are currently looking at is not mentioned anywhere... any plans to add something like that?

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

The idea is to have the whole inventory available to print out. I have no plans to make category sections separately. Sorting the products by category is more for the organization of the products....Previous versions sorted by the product name only.

but still, it does not tell what category a product is in... what good is a print out of all yor products sorted by category if there is no indication of the current category anywhere

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

In catalog/print_catalog.php add categories_name to the array. In includes/modules/print_catalog.php use one of the ouput statements as a model and call the array result for your category. Place your statement in the layout where you'd like it.

i found an error from the contribution that i download in print_catalog.php

in line 135 it was

display_count($print_catalog_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_PRINT_CATALOG, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page']); ?>

thus giving a mistake

just correct it to

correct line:

display_count($print_catalog_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_PRINT_CATALOG, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'],TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?>

just a note here

excellent contribution btw

Hi there,

I have 11/02 version and have just tried the Print catalog V1 however I get this message on my default page of the catalog.

It seems to push the table from the left and leave a big space.

Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/starlite/starlite-www/catalog/includes/boxes/information.php on line 29

This is what I have on Lines 16 to 31..

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION

);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>'

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRINT_CATALOG, '', 'NONSSL') . '" target="_BLANK">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRINT_CATALOG . '</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

?>

I have not yet made the change that is mentioned above for the Print_Catalog.php page nor the css change which I just now noticed.

I don't think either of these effect the above problem anyway.

Thanks

Ozrock

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>'

The above line needs a break, a single quote, a space, and aperiod at the end. You can paste this to replace it.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>' .

Thank you BirdBrain ! Here - have a cracker!!

Front page is just fine now. Only one thing tho'

Where do I print the catalog out from ?

I imagine it is in Admin but haven't fallen over it yet!

Maybe I need the cracker??

Thank again

Where do I print the catalog out from ?

Well....I'd go to www.MySite.com/catalog/print_catalog.php (use your own address) and then push the "print" button on my browser.

Thank you.

It is excellent.

I'll just go to the css and make some little changes such as colour to suit our site.

Is it sent to a max of 3 per page or does it default to that if there are too many lines to fit another one in?

Do appreciate you sharing your talemt.

Regards,

Ozstar

David,

You can adjust the number of products per page in the includes/languages/englis/print_catalog.php by changing the define('MAX_DISPLAY_PRINT_CATALOG', '3');

Depending on your layout you may want to adjust that up or down so that the web page prints on one sheet of paper.

Thank you, as soon as I get the time I'll mess around with that.

The products in this shop all have varying lengths so it may be hard to get a definitive number on each sheet. Some will have a lot of space at botton whilst others will be crammed in.

Next I'll put some links to it around the site.

Many thanks again.

Happy Christmas Holiday Season from 98o F Sydney at 10.45am this morning

David

I am getting this error on the bottom of each page in the printable catalog.

Any idea how to fix?

Warning: Missing argument 4 for display_count() in /home/rangely/public_html/catalog/catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php on line 106

Thanks birdbrain. I change that before I posted! Apparently I changed the wrong line though. Fixed it now.

BTW. This is a great cont. I currently use the old print catalog but with thousands of items it takes forever for the page to load.

I for one am most greatful.

JOB WELL DONE!

I have a question about the SQL query in the Printable Catalog contribution.

Here's the query:

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, 

p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, 

IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, 

p.products_date_added, cd.categories_name, m.manufacturers_name 

from products p 

left join products_to_categories p2c on p.products_id=p2c.products_id 

left join categories c on p2c.categories_id=c.categories_id 

left join categories_description cd on c.parent_id='0' and c.categories_id=cd.categories_id 

left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id 

left join products_description pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' 

left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where products_status = '1' 

order by cd.categories_name, c.parent_id, c.sort_order, c.categories_id, pd.products_name

and when I run it, I get a mixed up list of products, where the first several hundred have a NULL cd.categories_name field. There are no categories with a NULL name field in the datbase. There are many products that are linked into multiple categories and sub-categories however.

What's the intended purpose of the c.parent_id='0' portion of the line:

left join categories_description cd on c.parent_id='0' and c.categories_id=cd.categories_id

Thanks,

-t

Great work Kim. Very good work. Every time I run the catalog, I get the following error. HELP!

Try it at www.lennonspower.com.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /usr/home/www/mdndbt/lennonspower.com/docs/includes/functions/sessions.php:18) in /usr/home/www/mdndbt/lennonspower.com/docs/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 18

Regards and thanks.