osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] Update-o-matic

Freeman

This is the support thread for the Update-o-matic contribution located under:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5763/

What does it do?

-------------------

It update and notify by email (you can choose) the order status of Multiple orders at once via the admin control panel.

Also it gives the ability to add a comment to the orders that won't be notified to the customers by email but added to the order itself.

-------------------

It wasn't created by me, so the creds go to Thomas, which is the creator.I just improved it a bit and opened this topic.

Still i hope you will find it useful and nice, i really think it is! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Fabrizio

Edited by Freeman

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

This is the support thread for the Update-o-matic contribution located under:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5763/

What does it do?

-------------------

It update and notify by email (you can choose) the order status of Multiple orders at once via the admin control panel.

Also it gives the ability to add a comment to the orders that won't be notified to the customers by email but added to the order itself.

-------------------

It wasn't created by me, so the creds go to Thomas, which is the creator.I just improved it a bit and opened this topic.

Still i hope you will find it useful and nice, i really think it is! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Fabrizio

Just a short note to say thanks, nice work.

I hope one day to get enough orders a day to fill that order number box LOL... its a tad big.

Theres a define forgotten in the language file.

Ive been trying to hack in a way to show the order numbers of all orders in "Processing" state using code from orders.php

That has been a failure so far LOL, ill try again tomorrow...

Hi James,

i hope you will :P

I will look into it, for now i fixed a bug that related to the email notification..basically it was emailing wrong orders_status_name so people had email telling "order cancelled" while it was shipped :P

Should be working now....i tested it on my live shop and had something like 20 customers asking for info....

:'(

Advice on forum are Free, Email or Pm to fix your site is work...which I charge for :)

-------------------

Hi,

thanks for a nice timesaving contribution.

One thing i just noticed is that even though the 'notify customer' box is ticked, when you go to look at the order it shows a cross next to the update status box showing that the customer wasn't informed.

On the original batch update status it did show a list of the orders updated after you hit submit, would it be possible to include this on this contribution?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

i fixed both of the issue, thanks for the suggestion :)

New download online, test it and tell me if it works as expected (i'm running it on a live shop too)

Cheers

Fab

-------------------

wow!!! Thanks for the quick updates fabrizio, it's looking good!

I've been trying to get something to work, for a mass update without using the order numbers. Have a dropdown box of status FROM, and another box of status TO. So for example if you use this, it will change ALL "Processing" orders to "Packing"

Hi Dave,

New download online, test it and tell me if it works as expected (i'm running it on a live shop too)

Cheers

Fab

Thanks for the quick repsonse Fab,

I'll see how it goes on tomorrows dispatch

Thanks

Dave

Thomas- Thanks, i think i really made just a little thing, creds to you for the main contribution!

I adapted this to my own needs, putting from --->to won't work for me because some orders might need to be "skipped" (let's say i want to update order from 1 till 10 to shipped but 5-8 are cancelled and 6 is pending) and it will change all of them.This way we can still decide which order number to change, and with about 1 min daily (also if you got a lot of orders it will take a bit more but still an easy and fast task) you can make it work.

Stubbsy/Dave-Let me know...very nice shop!! I'm making a contribution to use that sort of popup..but open source :) (i see you are using a paid solution)

Cheers

Fab!

Edited by Freeman

-------------------

Hi Dave,

Cheers

Fab

Hi Fab,

just to let you know that it works fine, this saves me at least 30 minutes - 1 hour each day as we have 75+ orders going out each day!

Thanks for the compliment about the shop, much appreciated.

Thanks again

Dave

Edited by stubbsy

Glad to hear that, i also think it's a time-saver contribution especially with the email notification.

Cheers

Fab :thumbsup:

-------------------

Hi there,

just a quick one, in the contribution description it mentions using a barcode scanner with this to speed things up even further. Does anyone know how to add the order number as a barcode to the invoice?

Thanks

Dave

Hi Dave,

i didn't manage that part since i don't use barcode for order in our shop....but probably i can make it as a custom mod for you for a good price :P

Contact me if interested!

Cheers

Fab

-------------------

Hi Fab,

I'll give you a shout if i get stuck :D

Btw, you know the green update bar you added showing that the order had been updated, on the original batch update status, it would show up red and not update if the status of that order was already the status you were trying to change it to.

This is quite important as this is one of the last checks to stop orders being dispatched twice for example.

I'll drop you a reply to your pm when i get 5 this evening :)

All the best

Dave

Hi there,

just a quick one, in the contribution description it mentions using a barcode scanner with this to speed things up even further. Does anyone know how to add the order number as a barcode to the invoice?

Thanks

Dave

I've been using the Waza04 barcode contribution quite successfully :)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1218

Hi Stubbsy

just fixed it out, and put up new version online :)

I tested and it looks fine, but please double check ....i spent last 2 hours fixing that , looked like an easy thing but it was a bit more difficult... ^_^

Edited by Freeman

-------------------

I've been using the Waza04 barcode contribution quite successfully :)

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1218

Thanks for the info Thomas, I'll go take a look. :)

Hi Stubbsy

just fixed it out, and put up new version online

I tested and it looks fine, but please double check ....i spent last 2 hours fixing that , looked like an easy thing but it was a bit more difficult...

Your hard work is appreciated Fab, I'll let you know how we get on when we do tomorrows dispatch

Thanks again

Dave

Hi Fab,

sorry to be the bearer of bad news ;)

I have just noticed that when doing a batch update, orders which are flagged as red i.e. not updated still show as updated when you view the order, i.e. they have had their status changed and the customer emailed, when in reality it shouldn't have changed anything or sent emails

I've included some screen shots below

update.jpg

All the best

Dave

Hi Stubbsy

New version updated to 1.4

Fixed this bug and also minor ones :)

-------------------

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the update o matic.

When I go to update several orders, I type in the order numbers like this 4,5,6 and click update. It only updates the status of order 4 but not 5 or 6. Do I need to type them in differently?

My last question is that when an email update is sent to the customer, the contents in the message body look like this:

EMAIL_SEPARATOR

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER 4,5,6

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL https://tigomanufacturing.com/account_histo...?order_id=4,5,6

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED Thursday 27 March, 2008

EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE

Do I need to define these somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi Red,

you have to type order per line:

ex.

If you type like

1,2,3 it won' t work, it will just upldate order 1

Email...i didn't look into that since we didn't need it, probably will fix or let someone else to do it :)

-------------------

• 2 weeks later...

Does this module require you to input all of the orders and status or can import them from a txt or csv file? I have a file that contains all of my orders and tracking numbers and I would like to import them and have all the statuses updated and emails sent.

• 3 weeks later...
My last question is that when an email update is sent to the customer, the contents in the message body look like this:

EMAIL_SEPARATOR

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER 4,5,6

EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL https://tigomanufacturing.com/account_histo...?order_id=4,5,6

EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED Thursday 27 March, 2008

EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE

You probably haven't uploaded the language file admin/includes/languages/english/update-o-matic.php

Which will be why it's showing the code rather than the actual text you want to display

Dave

Edited by stubbsy

• 1 year later...

Anyone use this contribution lately ? I installed v1.4 of this contribution but I can't seem to get it to update any orders (single or multiple). I am entering the order id's in the text box separated by carriage returns.

It just comes back with:

Warning Order not updated.

Warning Order Not existing .

After poking around I think the order id text box is not sending what I typed in to the $oID variable. I saw a commented out code print_r ($orders_raw); statement and uncommented it to see what is the array but its always empty no matter what I enter.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

• 3 months later...

Anyone use this contribution lately ? I installed v1.4 of this contribution but I can't seem to get it to update any orders (single or multiple). I am entering the order id's in the text box separated by carriage returns.

It just comes back with:

After poking around I think the order id text box is not sending what I typed in to the $oID variable. I saw a commented out code print_r ($orders_raw); statement and uncommented it to see what is the array but its always empty no matter what I enter.

Strange, I just installed it on a new site I made, and it worked like a charm

• 9 months later...

I am experiencing the same issue, and I do not know why. Perhaps it is because of conflicting add-ons? If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate your help!

- Rick

It just comes back with: