• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

.mobi or cell phone browser support..

tkeats

Has anyone customized their osC to be streamlined for cell phone browsers? I'd love to setup a special version of mine for this specifically.. and was wondering if anyone can suggest a contrib or whatever to this end...

In my mind it would be mobile_osC working out of a different directory with the same database..? or is that too screwed up?

Thomas

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

dont think thats exactly what I was looking for..., so I assume no one has tackled this for mobile phone browsers...

I have the feeling osC would have to be modified to be easier to browse on teh cell phone...

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• 4 weeks later...
dont think thats exactly what I was looking for..., so I assume no one has tackled this for mobile phone browsers...

I have the feeling osC would have to be modified to be easier to browse on teh cell phone...

Wondering if you have made any progress on the OS Commerce Mobile interface. I am marketing mobile video on demand files & this mobile interface component is of strong interest to me.

Regards,

Luc Wylder

Mobile sites are set up with two types of files:

1. WML - to support older mobile phones with limited abilities.

2. XML files - for newer mobiles

osCommerce is not XML - so you haven't got a hope!

Vger

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree of course there is a hope. You just have to build a new front end for mobile devices which is what every store that wants a mobile front end does - osCommerce or not osCommerce.

I'd be interested to see a positive discusson going on the best way for the community to tackle this.

Archived