• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card with CVV2 Version v2.2RC2a

googlejunky

Installation question arising from my read of 'credit card with cvv2 Version v2.2RC2a.txt':

The first step is to 'uninstall ' the current credit card module.

My version (MS2_061708, or something like that) of OScommerce admin shows me two options regarding the credit card module.

I can 'disable' OR 'remove' the existing credit card module. I don't have a specific option to 'uninstall'.

So which should I do here? Is 'disable' sufficient? Or do I need to 'remove'?

Thanks.

Important info for those who are intending to use this module:

You can not save the CVV/CVV2 security code at all, its against Visa and Mastercard rules.

Storing CVV/CVV2 codes puts you in risk of losing your merchant account, possibly being blacklisted so that you can not get a new merchant account aswell as having to pay penalty fines.

If you wish to use CVV/CVV2 security code then you have to be connected through a real time gateway, then the CVV/CVV2 number is not stored, but a transaction autorization code is issued and returned back. (This autorization code you can then in turn store)

NOTE: The customers card does not have to be charged at this point, the amount purchased for can simply be reserved/authorized and can be activated at a later date.

Click for more information...

Hiya. I have followed the install instructions for this Credit Card Module.... but now it wont store the credit card details apart from the card number!!!

Im using it for testing, but it's still not working!!!

It is also not storing any info apart from the card number in the database! I do get the email with the missing card numbers, but nothing else!

Im getting the following in the Admin/orders page:

Credit Card Type:

Credit Card Owner:

Credit Card Number: 4388XXXXXXXX0004

Credit Card Expires:

Can someone give me some idea what is wrong!!

Thanks!

hello,

Like others, during check-out there are no fields for customers to enter credit card info at all. What was I supposed to "uninstall"? The "Credit Card (Not For Production Use)" module?

I dropped the sql table thingy and then re-did it and the credit card fields are now showing up but no field for the CVV.

And just a question: how on earth can someone collect credit card info on their website to process manually (in-store rather than online) if this is illegal? Is there another way?

Edited by erikajune

I also am in DIRE need of assistance as all I am getting at the checkout module is the words Credit Card. I did have all the boxes there previously, but after following the instructions and making all changes/uploads it is now all gone except for the header Credit Cards. I have rechecked everything at least 10 times, and have no clue as to what is causing this error, or what file(s) to check further. Right now the store front isn't doing me any good, as it cannot be used as it currently is. PLEASE help.

I have installed the August 8, 2008 version and everything seems to work EXCEPT the pop up link is not a link - it is just text.

Where/how might I resolve or delete that?

Thank you!

K

I have the same problem. I know how you could remove it but that doesn't solve the problem. If anyone has a resolution to this would be much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hiya. I have followed the install instructions for this Credit Card Module.... but now it wont store the credit card details apart from the card number!!!

Im using it for testing, but it's still not working!!!

It is also not storing any info apart from the card number in the database! I do get the email with the missing card numbers, but nothing else!

Im getting the following in the Admin/orders page:

Credit Card Type:

Credit Card Owner:

Credit Card Number: 4388XXXXXXXX0004

Credit Card Expires:

Can someone give me some idea what is wrong!!

Thanks!

I am having the same problem..... looking but nothing yet.

if you are not PCI compliant you can not store the cc info...

In regards to CVV/CVV2 this you can not store at all.... (doing so makes you liable for fines from 100.000 USD and up)

GET LEGIT..and use a rel time payment gateway!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
I have installed the August 8, 2008 version and everything seems to work EXCEPT the pop up link is not a link - it is just text.

Where/how might I resolve or delete that?

Thank you!

K

I also have that issue. It is centered around IE and just IE. It works in Firefox and safari. Hopefully someone out there knows how to fix it. I have no clue how to fix it.

Anyone!

Hi all,

I have a problem with the cvv2. I know it's illegal to store the cvv2, but my client is using the information to process credit cards locally. He cannot do it unless he has the CVV2 code. For some reason it is not storing it in the database. On the front end, it is required, but when the order comes in, it's empty. The store is new, and so far, he has been calling people to get it. Does anyone know what I can do to fix?

• 5 months later...

I need help with this. I have no idea how to do it.

Step (2)

Execute the following MYSQL code in your database:

(Note: If you don't know how to do this then ask in the forums. Most anyone can explain it)

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD `cc_cvv2` VARCHAR(4) AFTER `cc_expires`;

Is this some file I need to update? whats it called? where can i find it? I'm totally confused :wacko:

Thanks, Ezequiel

Important info for those who are intending to use this module:

You can not save the CVV/CVV2 security code at all, its against Visa and Mastercard rules.

Storing CVV/CVV2 codes puts you in risk of losing your merchant account, possibly being blacklisted so that you can not get a new merchant account aswell as having to pay penalty fines.

If you wish to use CVV/CVV2 security code then you have to be connected through a real time gateway, then the CVV/CVV2 number is not stored, but a transaction autorization code is issued and returned back. (This autorization code you can then in turn store)

NOTE: The customers card does not have to be charged at this point, the amount purchased for can simply be reserved/authorized and can be activated at a later date.

Click for more information...

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Hey guys, :blush:

Just one question, why the windows popup explanation for the security code (What is this?) doesn't work on windows internet explorer?

It's a very useful thing for people don't know what CVV means, so please, could someone explain why is this happening?

Remember, it works fine on Google Chrome and Firefox but it wont work on Internet Explorer :huh: .

Thanks!!

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone

I just installed this contribution. My client wants the credit card info and ccv code at least on the email he gets. It doesnt need to be in the database.

However, NONE of the credit card data is being saved. Payment method says cc - but cc owner, cc type, cc number, cc expire, and cc_ccv2 are all empty.

I have avery heavily modified shop. Any suggestions?

Another question. Does os version rc2a store ANY of that information without changing files?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i get this error on checkout_confirmation.php page

also credit card number is missing, error: Warning: str_repeat() [function.str-repeat]: Second argument has to be greater than or equal to 0 in public_html/includes/modules/payment/cc.php

Any Idea ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello is there a way i can move the credit card expiry date below card number

im trying to move this code

array('title' => MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES,
                                                'field' => tep_draw_input_field ('cc_expires_month','','class="inputBox" size="2" maxlength="2" ') . ' /' . tep_draw_input_field('cc_expires_year','','class="inputBox" size="2" maxlength="2" ')

but what happens is the input box below it wont show,

Nevermind my first post..

i got some question on the link for CVV popups information "What is this".. how can i make the link to have a hover effect

also is there some problem on my script coz when i mouse over on it the Typing tool "I" appears instead of a pointing hand saying its a link..?

<style>
 strong:hover{color: #AABBDD; text-decoration: underline;}
</style>
<?php
$exp_url = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . FILENAME_SECCODEEXP;
echo "<script type=\"text/javascript\">\n";
echo "function openexpwindow(){\n";
echo " window.open(\"$exp_url\",\"Explanation\",\"toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=500,height=300\");\n";
echo "}\n";
echo "</script>\n\n";
?>

• 2 weeks later...

in the admin orders i am only getting:

Credit Card Type: Visa

Credit Card Owner: test person

Credit Card Number: 4111XXXXXXXX1111

Credit Card Expires: 0111

no cvv number??

can some one please help or give some ideas why. i have checked all the code dont know where to look next?

jesus i just fixed it. i have other mods. so keep this in mind if u do too.

in the install it says

::CODE SECTION REPLACEMENT::

(3) Open file catalog/admin/orders.php

Find this code block(Near line 200)

<?php

}

?>

REPLACE WITH: (NOOOOO!!!!!!! ADD ABOVE)

<?php if (MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_CVV2 == 'True') {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

}

?>

===================

so mine looks like

starting LINE: 270

<?php

if (tep_not_null($order->info['cc_type']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_owner']) || tep_not_null($order->info['cc_number'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_type']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_OWNER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_owner']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_NUMBER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_number']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

==

i think its because i have order editor installed. i dont know php and all that so i go by what i can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just installed this and it wasn't displaying the cvv in the order field. Also, there was no radio button to turn cvv2 on/off in the cc admin, just an empty text field. I uninstalled again, and reinstalled, and it's fixed!

Now I just have MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2 appearing on my order screen. :)