• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card with CVV2 Version v2.2RC2a

googlejunky

I am in know way a expert at PHP. it took me three days to get this outdated thing to work correctly.

So in saying that, please don't ask me for help directly.

I'm just giving the url here as a resource since I needed it to work myself.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2954

I may also be adding a way to delete the cvv2 number when the card shows as processed. I have to have it this way for legal reasons.

Good luck in all you do,

Google Junky

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone tried this contribution yet?

Even though I don't know how much support I would be able to give, I would still like to hear how it went for you when you added it.

Thanks,

Google Junky

Actually, having a small problem. It is writing the CVV to the DB ok (yes, I know that's illegal but it's only a test-bed with no real data), but the CVV is not appearing on the Customer's order page (orders.php). The entry is there, under 'Credit Card Expires', but the CCV2 is blank.

Scratching around, trying to sort it out.

Actually, having a small problem. It is writing the CVV to the DB ok (yes, I know that's illegal but it's only a test-bed with no real data), but the CVV is not appearing on the Customer's order page (orders.php). The entry is there, under 'Credit Card Expires', but the CCV2 is blank.

Scratching around, trying to sort it out.

Are you using the newest contribution that I added? and...

Are you looking at their order through the Admin area correct? I'm sure you are, but I thought I should ask anyway.

The problem of not seeing the cvv2 in the Admin order area was the same reason I fixed and uploaded the contribution.

Please go over everything again and the exact notes and let me know if you still have the same problem.

Are you using the newest contribution that I added? and...

Are you looking at their order through the Admin area correct? I'm sure you are, but I thought I should ask anyway.

The problem of not seeing the cvv2 in the Admin order area was the same reason I fixed and uploaded the contribution.

Please go over everything again and the exact notes and let me know if you still have the same problem.

Yep. Completely my bad. I missed step 9 - adding cc_cvv2, to line 27. All good now - and works a treat.

Thank you for your efforts.

Now, to find a way of not storing it in the DB, cos that would be illegal, 'n all.

Cheerio!

Yep. Completely my bad. I missed step 9 - adding cc_cvv2, to line 27. All good now - and works a treat.

Thank you for your efforts.

Now, to find a way of not storing it in the DB, cos that would be illegal, 'n all.

Cheerio!

You are correct in that its illegal to store the cvv/cvv2 info in the db, and it carries heavy fines too.

Hello :)

Well, I was asked by a client to help them upgrade their checkout to include CVV2. So, I started with this contribution.

I followed all the instructions carefully, but when I uploaded everything, it didn't work right. Argh.

I uninstalled the module in the admin, and then reinstalled it. I was able to see the CVV2 radio button, and it was set to on. So that part seemed ok. However, when I went to checkout, all I saw was the text "MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE" in place of where the credit card input fields normally go. I'm a bit stumped as I don't really know the flow for the checkout code in OS Commerce.

The original cc.php file has this at the top of the file:

$Id: cc.php,v 1.53 2003/02/04 09:55:01 project3000 Exp $

The one in the contribution/update has this:

$Id: cc.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

Don't know if that helps me or not. The original cc.php is also different in that it's missing this line:

$this->public_title = MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE;

in the function cc() near the top of the page. (which also happens to be the text that is being output when I try to checkout)

The unfortunate thing is that this is a working site and I have to make the changes to a live server - ugh.

If anyone has a tip for me regarding this, I would be seriously grateful!

Oh, on a side not, is there a way to turn off the site from the admin panel? Or put up a notice to visitors?

Hello :)

Well, I was asked by a client to help them upgrade their checkout to include CVV2. So, I started with this contribution.

I followed all the instructions carefully, but when I uploaded everything, it didn't work right. Argh.

I uninstalled the module in the admin, and then reinstalled it. I was able to see the CVV2 radio button, and it was set to on. So that part seemed ok. However, when I went to checkout, all I saw was the text "MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE" in place of where the credit card input fields normally go. I'm a bit stumped as I don't really know the flow for the checkout code in OS Commerce.

Actually there was one step omitted in the installation instructions. :blush:

in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ - there is a cc.php file. Open that file and insert - define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE', 'Credit Card'); :thumbsup:

Actually there was one step omitted in the installation instructions. :blush:

in catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ - there is a cc.php file. Open that file and insert - define('MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE', 'Credit Card'); :thumbsup:

OMG lol wow. That's something. Hmm, I'm still trying to decide if I should use this upgrade or try to hack together something with pieces from other patches. The currently installed files seem out of date perhaps. Oh and they may have their own modifications too, not sure yet. But thanks so much for this info. Maybe I'll fix this and upload it all again and see what happens...

I am still surprised at how many are willing to risk losing their merchant account, getting their name and business added to the visa/mc merchant account blacklist (TMF - Terminated merchant File) , getting hit with heavy fines and possible jail time just to save some lousy bucks on gateway fees.

UPDATE:

Well, the existing cc module had been modified already, so replacing it wasn't an option. I was able to patch together a working solution though, by looking at a few different mods and then tweaking the appropriate files myself. I did not install a switch in the module for the admin to remove the CVV2 from the checkout. If they want that then they'll have to decide if they want to pay for more time involved to plug that in.

All I can say is phew lol.

I am still surprised at how many are willing to risk losing their merchant account, getting their name and business added to the visa/mc merchant account blacklist (TMF - Terminated merchant File) , getting hit with heavy fines and possible jail time just to save some lousy bucks on gateway fees.

I know. But I'm just working for a client of a client. It's their back, not mine. I did mention to the first client that this is illegal and that they may want to let their client know this. But what they choose to do from there is up to them.

Hi Everyone & thanks for the update...

I finally got it working after some frustrations. But one thing I noticed is that I get the following error when ( as an end user not in admin ) I click on an order to view the details, of one I get this error below.

So this is in module: account_history_info.php

Hope someone can help ?

regards, Dave Porter

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Start of Error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'cc_cvv2, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified ' at line 1

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, ,cc_cvv2, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from osc_orders where orders_id = '472'

<<<<<<<<<<< End of error

Anyone tried this contribution yet?

Even though I don't know how much support I would be able to give, I would still like to hear how it went for you when you added it.

Thanks,

Google Junky

Edited by daveporter99

Hi Everyone & thanks for the update...

I finally got it working after some frustrations. But one thing I noticed is that I get the following error when ( as an end user not in admin ) I click on an order to view the details, of one I get this error below.

So this is in module: account_history_info.php

Hope someone can help ?

regards, Dave Porter

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Start of Error

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'cc_cvv2, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified ' at line 1

select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, ,cc_cvv2, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from osc_orders where orders_id = '472'

<<<<<<<<<<< End of error

Needs a space between the comma and cc_cvv2(I made it in red to show where the space goes)

cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, ,cc_cvv2, currency, currency_value, date_purchased

I would say that is is the problem

Let me know if that fixes it for you

Hi

Hoping someone can help. I just installed the ccv2 version v2.2RC2a. I went over everything twice and the problem I am having is that on the checkout_payment.php page the payment method box is there with the words Credit card but I have no fields. I double checked everything and I am not sure what I did to mess this up.

Thanks

Jamie

Thanks for you help - I should have been more specific...

I moved servers for the client, and that moved them from php4 to php5 so I had those issues as the earlier version of osC the had was not compatible with 5.

In the previous version they had another CCV contributions, so it was not your contribution that I had probs with, just general mucking about to getting it all going.

The only thing left to do is implement the Contribution to clear the CCV & CC details once the order is finalised.

Was it you that mentioned you were going to add that feature to this contribution ? or did I read it somewhere else ?

cheers, Dave

Hey Dave,

Would you offer the frustrating part of the install here so I can maybe make it easier.

Was it coding problems or the instructions were bad?

Google Junky

Thanks for you help - I should have been more specific...

I moved servers for the client, and that moved them from php4 to php5 so I had those issues as the earlier version of osC the had was not compatible with 5.

In the previous version they had another CCV contributions, so it was not your contribution that I had probs with, just general mucking about to getting it all going.

The only thing left to do is implement the Contribution to clear the CCV & CC details once the order is finalised.

Was it you that mentioned you were going to add that feature to this contribution ? or did I read it somewhere else ?

cheers, Dave

Thanks for letting me know.

Yes, I said that I would try to come up with a way to take it back out of the database. I have yet to work on it. I have had other projects that I had to attend to. I'm sure taking it out is an easy thing to do. I am in no way an expert at php, but I will make a go of it as soon as I get a chance.

Sorry for the delay.

Google Junky

• 1 month later...

Once installed no credit card fields appear, i've un-installed and re-installed 2x already.

I noticed in the new cc.php file it says

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_CVV2 == 'True') {

but there's no option in the admin side to turn on cvv

any ideas what else the problem could be? This is on a vanilla install of rc2a

Once installed no credit card fields appear, i've un-installed and re-installed 2x already.

I noticed in the new cc.php file it says

if (MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_CVV2 == 'True') {

but there's no option in the admin side to turn on cvv

any ideas what else the problem could be? This is on a vanilla install of rc2a

Make sure you un-install the original module, then re-install the new one (I had the same problem).

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Came across this thread when trying to figure out why i was getting the "MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_TEXT_PUBLIC_TITLE;" appearing which i have sorted thanks to the earlier post.

However now when i checkout i go through delivery information, then select credit card as the payment module, then onto order confirmation, then clicking "confirm order" again takes me back a step to payment information where the following errors is displayed at the top -

Credit Card Error!

TEXT_CCVAL_ERROR_UNKNOWN_CARD

but nowhere have i been able to add any card details :s