• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem installing PWA

pctek

Hi

This is my first attempt at using a server side application to build an online shop and I'm learning as I go along so bear with me - previously I've used NopCart (perl/javascript) but it has its limitations.

I suppose the experience has been helpful because I've had no problem at all installing and configuring oscommerce so far

I don't expect an instant fix to the problem I am experiencing - just some guidance on where to start looking for an answer. Although I couldn’t find anything directly related (perhaps I’m searching for the wrong thing) I've studied several threads on the forum already mostly guessing that they had something to do with what I'm seeing.

I'm trying to install the PWA Purchase Without Account Contribution and I keep hitting a problem when executing the "common.sql" with PHPMyAdmin.

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD COLUMN `customers_login` VARCHAR( 96 ) AFTER `customers_newsletter` ,
ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login( `customers_login` );

MySQL said: Documentation
#1060 - Duplicate column name 'customers_login'

From researching this I’ve narrowed it down to a couple of possible causes:

Something is missing:

On the PHPMyAdmin home page it reports that

Create new database:  
No Privileges

Would that be why there is a problem adding a “unique index” and would purchasing another database from the host resolve it?

Also on the PHPMyAdmin home page these messages are displayed:

The mbstring PHP extension was not found and you seem to be using a multibyte charset. Without the mbstring extension phpMyAdmin is unable to split strings correctly and it may result in unexpected results.

Which, again from my research, seems to enable support for asian / Japanese languages so probably not relevent.

Your PHP MySQL library version 4.0.24 differs from your MySQL server version 3.23.32. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

I think this refers to the behaviour of the shop in general not necessarily the cause of query errors

What has occurred to me is that one of the catalog files is corrupt:

Where would I look first – is there a query I could run to troubleshoot this issue please?

Great - thanks sooo much for the reply!

As you said PWA_0.910 installed as per instructions and works fine!

I was trying to install "the latest" version: pwa_2_0b

Thanks again :) :)

Edited by pctek

Great - thanks sooo much for the reply!

As you said PWA_0.910 installed as per instructions and works fine!

I was trying to install "the latest" version: pwa_2_0b

Thanks again :) :)

Often, the latest is not the greatest.

• 2 weeks later...
Often, the latest is not the greatest.

hi, i also have problems installing PWA (the latest version) and got this error message below. But I managed to execute the English.sql file. And I have also checked all the php files by comparing all the php files. But i still got this error message.

The older version of PWA 0.910 does not work when I tried to execute the sql files - I got more error messages.

Please advise what I should do??

This is the error message:

Error

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD COLUMN `customers_login` VARCHAR( 96 ) AFTER `customers_newsletter` ,

ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login( `customers_login` ) ;

MySQL said:

hi, i also have problems installing PWA (the latest version) and got this error message below. But I managed to execute the English.sql file. And I have also checked all the php files by comparing all the php files. But i still got this error message.

The older version of PWA 0.910 does not work when I tried to execute the sql files - I got more error messages.

Please advise what I should do??

This is the error message:

Error

SQL query:

ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login( `customers_login` ) ;

MySQL said:

My guess is that is because you installed that when you installed the newer version.

My guess is that is because you installed that when you installed the newer version.

Hi, I don't quite understand your comment. Please allow me to explain what I did:

- I edited the php files using the newer version which is "PWA_2_0b"

- then i executed the "Common.sql" and "English.sql" files in PWA_2_ob.

- I got the error message "#1060 - Duplicate .... " when I executed the "Common.sql" file.

- then I read this forum and tried to execute the sql files in PWA_0.910, without editing any other php files. And I got more errors. So I reverted to execute the "Common.sql" file from the "PWA_2_0b" again, and got the same error message "#1060 - Duplicate...".

Please advise what I should do now?

Hi, I don't quite understand your comment. Please allow me to explain what I did:

- I edited the php files using the newer version which is "PWA_2_0b"

- then i executed the "Common.sql" and "English.sql" files in PWA_2_ob.

- I got the error message "#1060 - Duplicate .... " when I executed the "Common.sql" file.

- then I read this forum and tried to execute the sql files in PWA_0.910, without editing any other php files. And I got more errors. So I reverted to execute the "Common.sql" file from the "PWA_2_0b" again, and got the same error message "#1060 - Duplicate...".

I could not see a "PWA_2_0b"

#1060 - Duplicate means that it is already in your database.

Do you have a databasebackup from before you you installed pwa? If so, can that be retored without losing other data?

I don't know what caused your error when you ran the second file.

Perhaps some one that is using that version can help?

I could not see a "PWA_2_0b"

#1060 - Duplicate means that it is already in your database.

Do you have a databasebackup from before you you installed pwa? If so, can that be retored without losing other data?

I don't know what caused your error when you ran the second file.

Perhaps some one that is using that version can help?

hi, i downloaded pwa_2_0b here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...without+account

dated 16 Feb 2008

yes i have a backup of my database in .sql format found in oscommerce admin.

since it shows that i have duplicate column "customers_login", i was wondering if i can change the "common.sql" file from :

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD COLUMN `customers_login` VARCHAR(96) AFTER `customers_newsletter`,

ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login(`customers_login`);

ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY COLUMN `customers_password` VARCHAR(40);

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `customers_dummy_account` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `customers_address_format_id`;

to this:

ALTER TABLE `customers` MODIFY COLUMN `customers_login` VARCHAR(96) AFTER `customers_newsletter`,

ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login(`customers_login`);

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `customers_dummy_account` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `customers_address_format_id`;

Any advice please??

If this is advisable, then what can I change "ADD UNIQUE INDEX idx_customers_login" to as well? I don't think I should change the "ADD" to "MODIFY" for this line....

help help please...

What about doing this?

See if that helps

Regards

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

What about doing this?

See if that helps

Regards

hi, without doing anything else, i followed exactly to execute the suggested SQL file and got this error message:

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `customers_dummy_account` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `customers_address_format_id` ;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'customers_dummy_account'

I'm not familiar with SQL at all.... help help please...

hi, without doing anything else, i followed exactly to execute the suggested SQL file and got this error message:

SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `customers_dummy_account` TINYINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER `customers_address_format_id` ;

MySQL said:

#1060 - Duplicate column name 'customers_dummy_account'

I'm not familiar with SQL at all.... help help please...

hi, i realised that your advice is to omit the line of codes which result in the duplicate column name. so similarly, I tried to omit the last line too as it gave me an error message that says "Duplicate column name 'customers_dummy_account'.

So instead of this :

I only executed this :

And it says SQL file executed with success. Please advise me if this would affect anything in my installation? The original 'common.sql' file had 3 lines of codes to execute, but now I only executed 1 line. Is this correct and ok?

• 4 weeks later...

the PWA_2_0b didnt work for me, so I uninstalled it and installed PWA_0.910 instead. now i have 2 error messages and have checked/compared all the relevant files for the whole day, but can't find the problem.

please help....

Error on catalog/checkout_process.php

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'customers_address_format_id' at row 1

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('6', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'InterBank Transfer Payment', '', '', '', '', now(), '1', 'SGD', '1.00000000')

[TEP STOP]

Error on catalog/order_info.php

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'address_book_id' at row 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('7', '', 'tracy', 'lim', 'tracy lane', '333555', 'singapore', '188', 'f', '', '', '0', 'singapore')

[TEP STOP]

the PWA_2_0b didnt work for me, so I uninstalled it and installed PWA_0.910 instead. now i have 2 error messages and have checked/compared all the relevant files for the whole day, but can't find the problem.

please help....

Error on catalog/checkout_process.php

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'customers_address_format_id' at row 1

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('6', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', ' ', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'InterBank Transfer Payment', '', '', '', '', now(), '1', 'SGD', '1.00000000')

[TEP STOP]

Error on catalog/order_info.php

1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column 'address_book_id' at row 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, address_book_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_suburb, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('7', '', 'tracy', 'lim', 'tracy lane', '333555', 'singapore', '188', 'f', '', '', '0', 'singapore')

[TEP STOP]

What osc 2.2 version are you using? It may not be patched to mysql 5.

I'm using Oscommerce 2.2rc2a. please advise what exactly to do? please be patient with me as i am new to SQL (i.e. didn't know anything about it until i started developing a website)...

thanks.

That is the latest version and should be ok. After you installed pwa the first time, did you restore the database before you reinstalled?

That is the latest version and should be ok. After you installed pwa the first time, did you restore the database before you reinstalled?

After I first installed the pwa_2_0b, I did not do a server database restore from the admin screen. That was because after the 1st install of PWA, I continued to install other contributions like QPBPP and Specials Module etc. However, I did go into phpmyadmin and manually removed the executed SQL files (namely common.sql and english.sql) that came with the PWA_2_0b contribution. I also removed all the customers details in there, so that i could start fresh with PWA_0.910.

Thereafter, I executed the SQL file of PWA 0.910 and compared the relevant files of PWA 0.910 with my existing files, and manually edit them through the oscommerce admin screen.

what can i do now?

After I first installed the pwa_2_0b, I did not do a server database restore from the admin screen. That was because after the 1st install of PWA, I continued to install other contributions like QPBPP and Specials Module etc. However, I did go into phpmyadmin and manually removed the executed SQL files (namely common.sql and english.sql) that came with the PWA_2_0b contribution. I also removed all the customers details in there, so that i could start fresh with PWA_0.910.

Thereafter, I executed the SQL file of PWA 0.910 and compared the relevant files of PWA 0.910 with my existing files, and manually edit them through the oscommerce admin screen.

what can i do now?

Send me an email (see profile) with the 2 files attached.

catalog/checkout_process.php

catalog/order_info.php

I will compare them to mine. It will take a while, off to bed.

Also, what Mysql version are you using.