• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Call variable

olsonsp4c

Hello all,

I'm working on creating a usps shipping insurance option that is separate from the actual module... in order to do it I need to call $shipping_num_boxes in the order totals module. I have called it as follows:

function process() {
  global $order, $currencies, $shipping_num_boxes;

However, the module is not calling the the variable, so the variable has a value of "0" and when I use the variable later on in a calculation I get divide by 0 errors. Any ideas on how to call this in an order totals module?

thanks!

Scott

To clarify, $shipping_num_boxes in determined in includes/classes/shipping.php and I don't know how to call it in my order totals module... any thoughts?

Scott

You could look at one of the several shipping insurance contributions to see how they do it.

Jack

Thanks Jack. I already looked at them and only one is an order totals module - and this one does not make reference to the shipping.php class, so I couldn't learn from other's work on this. I appreciate the response though.

Scott

Does anyone else have any ideas how to call a variable from includes/classes/shipping.php in an includes/modules/order_total module?

specifically $shipping_num_boxes

thanks!

Scott