• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specials to all Products (Seasonal Promotion)

smithveg

Hi Buddies,

Try out my contribution, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5760

Set the Specials Discount Price to All Products.

It's useful if you want to set a seasonal promotion/discount rate to ALL products.

This contribution allows you to set the discount rate, and the expired date to all the products.

Adding, you may remove all the specials discounted products with just a click.

** The contribution include the Update and Remove button.

** Only the Update button is workable, I need a pro to make the Remove button works.

** NOTED: The Remove button will truncate the specials tables.

Help!!! :-"

Hello World! ^.^ I'm a Internet naive. Browse my working profile

Malaysia Web Services - OPerion Website Marketing System

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, please review my contribution and try it out.

It work fine now.

There is 2 buttons in this contribution:

1. update button

2. remove button

The update will truncate the specials table, and add the new specials's rate and expired date for ALL products.

While the remove button is uses to truncate the specials table. Which mean, I do not want to allow any special offer on my products.

Hope my explanation make sense. Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies, please review my contribution and try it out.

It work fine now.

There is 2 buttons in this contribution:

1. update button

2. remove button

The update will truncate the specials table, and add the new specials's rate and expired date for ALL products.

While the remove button is uses to truncate the specials table. Which mean, I do not want to allow any special offer on my products.

Hope my explanation make sense. Thank you.

What column or columns can I remove that was added to my database when I ran specials_all.php? The reason I need to remove them is now when I add a special manually it locks up the table.

What column or columns can I remove that was added to my database when I ran specials_all.php? The reason I need to remove them is now when I add a special manually it locks up the table.

I'm not really understand your mean. Why you need to adjust your database?

This package doesn't to adjust/add/remove/edit your database. It using the oscommerce core installation database.

I'm not really understand your mean. Why you need to adjust your database?

This package doesn't to adjust/add/remove/edit your database. It using the oscommerce core installation database.

Each time since I ran your contribution I cannot add any specials manually, as each time that I do my ENTIRE databse locks up and none of my customers can access it nor can I. As soon as I delete the special item everything returns to normal. My question was what does your script affect in the database? What tables? what new columns? Tell me what is affected in the databse whenyour script is run and I will adjust it. I cannot live without my specials as it is a main driver of traffic to my site.

The "core' oscommerce installation database? Dont you mean a clean install. No... My core installation is not and was not a clean install. Had I know Your contrib was based on a clean install I would have waited for cut and paste instructions which are currently not included in your contribution. I assumed so stain on me but please help me find out what is affected in the database. Thanks.

Each time since I ran your contribution I cannot add any specials manually, as each time that I do my ENTIRE databse locks up and none of my customers can access it nor can I. As soon as I delete the special item everything returns to normal. My question was what does your script affect in the database? What tables? what new columns? Tell me what is affected in the databse whenyour script is run and I will adjust it. I cannot live without my specials as it is a main driver of traffic to my site.

The "core' oscommerce installation database? Dont you mean a clean install. No... My core installation is not and was not a clean install. Had I know Your contrib was based on a clean install I would have waited for cut and paste instructions which are currently not included in your contribution. I assumed so stain on me but please help me find out what is affected in the database. Thanks.

Ok... i don't think this contribution will affect the whole site, and the database.

I didn't add any new table/column in any tables.

But i just write the function to perform the database.

1 Function: allows to truncate the tables.specials.

2 Function: allows to truncate the tables.specials, and copy all the products id, and set the special rates into tables.specials.

If you running through the script, and read it. You will understand easily...

Hope my explanation make sense.

Ok... i don't think this contribution will affect the whole site, and the database.

I didn't add any new table/column in any tables.

But i just write the function to perform the database.

1 Function: allows to truncate the tables.specials.

2 Function: allows to truncate the tables.specials, and copy all the products id, and set the special rates into tables.specials.

If you running through the script, and read it. You will understand easily...

Hope my explanation make sense.

Truncate (SQL)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

In SQL, the TRUNCATE statement removes all the data from a table. The TRUNCATE statement is not actually a part of the SQL standard, but many relational database management systems implement it. [1][2] A TRUNCATE my_table; is is equivalent in function to a DELETE FROM my_table; statement. However, on some systems, it is implemented differently. For example, in Oracle the truncate statement implies a commit and cannot be undone.

The syntax for issuing a truncate command on a table could be implemented as: Truncate Table [schema][.] <table_name>;

Truncate (SQL)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

In SQL, the TRUNCATE statement removes all the data from a table. The TRUNCATE statement is not actually a part of the SQL standard, but many relational database management systems implement it. [1][2] A TRUNCATE my_table; is is equivalent in function to a DELETE FROM my_table; statement. However, on some systems, it is implemented differently. For example, in Oracle the truncate statement implies a commit and cannot be undone.

The syntax for issuing a truncate command on a table could be implemented as: Truncate Table [schema][.] <table_name>;

Hello, Please don't go out the topic.

Here is the package discussion but not the SQL discussion. Thank...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

this set the Specials Discount Price to All Products?

maybe better will be set to selected category?

if there is something like this, can someone tel me where I can find it?

thanks

Edited by gaidjin

• 7 months later...

Hello, bumping this thread up as I need a seasonal discount. I discovered a typo with the included PHP.

In admin/includes/languages/english/specials_all.php

There's a duplicated ); on line 17, after "promotion date expires" remove it or you'll get a parse error when running it!

In addition, could other users please relate their experience with this contrib? From previous posts it appears that it messes up the database. Are there other similar contribs that could be used as an alternative?