• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card with CVV2(Contribution Question)

googlejunky

I have read enough posts about the compliance issue with storing cvv2. If you have a comment about this then find another thread to post in. I'm not interested in hearing about it nor do I need the wasted space in this thread being educated about it. Thanks for your understanding.

Now to the question

I was looking to get some help from Geotex, but I will take help from anyone if they think they might know the answer.

I had tried to install the "Credit Card with CVV2" contribution located at here

The original OSCOM install went perfect and no code has changed since then. I am able to rule out any conflict with other contributions. The original programming allowed credit card number and expire date to show in the database.

After the CVV2 contribution was installed I was unable to see info being added to the database any longer. The value in the database for cvv2 shows up as NULL.

The instructions said to find the following code in file catalog/includes/classes/order.php

'cc_number' => (isset($GLOBALS['cc_number']) ? $GLOBALS['cc_number'] : ''),

There is no such code in this file. I am at a loss as to why...

I'm not even sure that this code that I can't seem to find is even related to the database problem I am having.

I am using osCommerce Online Merchant 2.2 RC2a

Edited by googlejunky

Its not about compliance... PCI compliance is related to storing cc info....

You are not alowed to store the cvv/cvv2 code at all. It can lead to losing your merchant account, stiff fines and can even result in criminal charges with jail time.

Edited by toyicebear

Its not about compliance... PCI compliance is related to storing cc info....

You are not alowed to store the cvv/cvv2 code at all. It can lead to losing your merchant account, stiff fines and can even result in criminal charges with jail time.

toyicebear I appreciate your concern. That wasn't my question. I'm not interested in your robotic answer to PCI compliance in this matter.

The question was about a fix for the contribution mentioned in my initial post. If you have nothing to offer in the aspect of code then you are wasting my thread space where real answers could be added.

Edited by googlejunky

toyicebear I appreciate your concern. That wasn't my question. I'm not interested in your robotic answer to PCI compliance in this matter.

The question was about a fix for the contribution mentioned in my initial post. If you have nothing to offer in the aspect of code then you are wasting my thread space where real answers could be added.

CVV2 is not related to PCI compliance.

You are not alowed to store CVV2 codes no mather what.

I post this info both to inform merchants what they might face if the store cvv/cvv2 codes and in the interest of making cc payment on the web more secure for the shopping public.

In the interest of keeping cc payment online safe and to also upheld its safety credibilety in the eyes of shoppers, when you find a merchants who illegally stores CCV/CVV2 they should be reported in to both Visa and Mastercard.

Hey Man,

Your question is the question for the whole forum and might be that His reply makes some other people aware.

Plus there is lot of space for forumthread so why worry.

If You are not polite for sure nobody will give a reply to Your comments.

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hows this for wasting your thread space?

Now maybe you should try to reinstall from the beginning or choose another contribution that does this.

And what site are you doing this on?

Let us see so we may help you. ;)

Dont worry no one here would turn you in.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hows this for wasting your thread space?

Now maybe you should try to reinstall from the beginning or choose another contribution that does this.

And what site are you doing this on?

Let us see so we may help you. ;)

Dont worry no one here would turn you in.

lol , ok ok. yeah I think I hear someone knocking at my door to check and see if I have everything in order as we speak. jk

...And no I won't be giving out the web address since the site is still being built.

I have read everything about PCI compliance and know what is needed.

It doesn't take away from the fact that I need the contribution to work or even another one that will do what is needed.

This one actually seemed to be the best of the bunch

I know I didn't come over as being a very good humored board member, but I was trying to skip over being educated about things I know already. I guess I should say thanks to toyicebear for adding the WARNING sticker to the thread. Keep up the great work big guy. You do your country proud.

... and now back to the part that matters...

Do you know of a contribution that is more up to date with the current coding of OsCommerce. This contribution is evidently out of date considering the code doesn't match up with the instructions.

I will be making another go at this one, but any advice on another one would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Google Junky

Ive used this in the past. Someone post it didnt work, but it worked fine for the company who used it. ( untill I turned them in ) I dont know if it will work right off the bat with any of the newer RC releases.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3222

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Ive used this in the past. Someone post it didnt work, but it worked fine for the company who used it. ( untill I turned them in ) I dont know if it will work right off the bat with any of the newer RC releases.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3222

Thanks. I will give that one a try and see how things go.

I do appreciate you taking the time to give a response.

Google Junky