Latest News: (loading..)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zhexiang

is it safe to use osc affiliate contribution?

3 posts in this topic

is it safe to use oscAffiliate contribution? Or there'll be more bux fixing ???

Just curious, cause i've been wanting to download and install it and use it, but there are more and more bug fixing, so i just hold back...

I have been doing some testing with it the past few days and haven't had any obvious issues with it.

Links have been made properly for affiliates in their front end. Links are working.

Backend is accurately logging clicks and sales, and not updating the affilate's stats untill you have updated the order to your "shipped" or whatever setting. It seems pretty solid for the most part.

Only getting enough traffic as I can generate myself mind you.

I haven't tested payouts or anything, or gone in-depth but that will come as the site progresses. I'm just finishing the coding, and will be moving to the design stage in the next couple days. Couple weeks of that and I will begin extensive testing of everything. , But so far I am trusting the code. This code is 6 years in the making, and surely has been extensively tested.

There are obviosly going to be more minor issues pop-up from time to time as more and more things are tried, and more shops implement it. As there are quite a bit of options that can be used, and some of them just aren't going to be popular and see a lot of mileage as opposed to other parts of the Affiliate code.

But for the most part, it is stable, it works, and there is nothing that I can see initially that would prevent me from actually using it.

The most important thing is to stay in contact with your affiliates. They will be using the code more than us shop-owners will. So communicate with them. Find out if they are having issues. You want to treat these guys the best you can, and make sure your code is working for them so that they can earn their commisions as easy as possible. Otherwise they will be sending their traffic to a different shop.

The more money they make, the more money you make. So don't just set it up and ignore it. Heh.

I have been doing some testing with it the past few days and haven't had any obvious issues with it.

Links have been made properly for affiliates in their front end. Links are working.

Backend is accurately logging clicks and sales, and not updating the affilate's stats untill you have updated the order to your "shipped" or whatever setting. It seems pretty solid for the most part.

Only getting enough traffic as I can generate myself mind you.

I haven't tested payouts or anything, or gone in-depth but that will come as the site progresses. I'm just finishing the coding, and will be moving to the design stage in the next couple days. Couple weeks of that and I will begin extensive testing of everything. , But so far I am trusting the code. This code is 6 years in the making, and surely has been extensively tested.

There are obviosly going to be more minor issues pop-up from time to time as more and more things are tried, and more shops implement it. As there are quite a bit of options that can be used, and some of them just aren't going to be popular and see a lot of mileage as opposed to other parts of the Affiliate code.

But for the most part, it is stable, it works, and there is nothing that I can see initially that would prevent me from actually using it.

The most important thing is to stay in contact with your affiliates. They will be using the code more than us shop-owners will. So communicate with them. Find out if they are having issues. You want to treat these guys the best you can, and make sure your code is working for them so that they can earn their commisions as easy as possible. Otherwise they will be sending their traffic to a different shop.

The more money they make, the more money you make. So don't just set it up and ignore it. Heh.

I have just installed the oscaffiliate contribution and right off the bat I have a problem which you apparently do not have. Perhaps you can steer me in the right direction.

How do I input/update the FAQ data? How do I enter the questions and the answers?

Any help would be much appreciated.