• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Column Banner Advertisement

• 1 month later...

Great job! I think this is a great contribution!

What I would like to see though is functionality where you could use different language banners. This would be especially important for multilanguage sites. So you would see the english banners for the english language and french banners for the french language etc.

Also, If there would be a way to move the duration of months etc variables to the admin pages, that would be great.

But nice job, thanks for the contrib!

-thomp

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Great Contribution. Got it working ok except for one thing. It insists that the ad goes at the top of the column instead at the bottom. I have put it in my column_left at the very bottom on the list of things to include but it still puts the ad at the top of the column.

Any ideas????

Del

• 2 months later...

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to link an image ( using the column banner) to another page in my site. This is what I want to do: I'm opening up a store and would like people to click on the ad. It would then take them to another page telling them hours and where the store is. I'm having trouble figuring out how to build a page that I can link to the ad. I tried to create a page like you do in making a About Us page. But all I get is errors?...Please help..or steer me in the right direction. Thanks so much!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having problems finding which folder i need to put this in... it comes with sample images, but i can't get it to show up on my site? are there mutliple files/folders i need to put them in? Please help!!!!

thanks,

Sarah

I'm having problems finding which folder i need to put this in... it comes with sample images, but i can't get it to show up on my site? are there mutliple files/folders i need to put them in? Please help!!!!

thanks,

Sarah

For my site is created a directory called "Ads" in the root catalog directory.

there's a known issue when using explorer that it doesn't show up. try it with firefox.

For my site is created a directory called "Ads" in the root catalog directory.

there's a known issue when using explorer that it doesn't show up. try it with firefox.

Tried in Firefox too. Page is www.woodennickelonline.com. I'm a newby to all of this, and pulling my hair out. Seems like a simple fix, but i sure can't find it!!!! If anyone can review and let me know, i would appreciate it so very much.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problems

It always moves to the top of the right column no matter where I place it in the includes\column_right.php file

and I am getting a white box with the red x too... it cant find the sample pics

Anybody know what is up with this problem we seem to have?????

It seams as though it wont work with php5. Is this true?

• 1 month later...

I just included the module as well but I don't see any of the ads displayed on my website. Do I need to create a php include or something.

This is the current directory structure:

catalog/includes/boxes/Ads.php

catalog/Ads/ads.csv

catalog/Ads/Sample1.jpg

catalog/Ads/Sample2.jpg

catalog/Ads/Sample3.jpg

catalog/Ads/Sample4.jpg

I;m confused about this contribution.. i dont have borders around my banners that are in the banner manager..

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

• 4 months later...
Great contribution. I've been using it for awhile now. My question though is, how do I go about adding another rotating ad column?

Hi all,

I just added this contribute and it seems to be working fine. The only question I have (as have some of the others I read) is how do I get it to appear at the end of the boxes list i.e. I have put it in column_left.php but want it to show last on that list.

Appreciate any assistance.

Cheers,

This is a support thread for the Column Banner Advertisement contribution

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5756

I also went to download the other file on this contrib Replace banner location from top to bottom or anywhere else.. and now I can't delete it off my desktop!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure what it is but thought I would let everyone know it case it causes problems.

Welcome any thoughts on how to fix this. :angry:

Can somebody please copy and paste the code that is in their Ads.csv file because I'm pretty sure this is where I'm going wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Never mind, I fixed this. But how do we stop the Ad appearing at the top of the column everytime despite coding it to appear elsewhere?

• 3 months later...

Hi there!

Great work!!!

There 's one problem, i use the simple template system 4.5.8, the column banner advertisement doesn't work

when i enable sts. I tried a lot of stuff, but without success.

Can someone please help me with this?

I'm doing the technical side of the sites for my brother and his wife.

A newbee with php, but have some experience programming other

languages. I like assembly coding best, but php is also nice!