Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maxabears

eMail bug with clean install

Recommended Posts

Hi All.

 

I've been battleing this problem for about a week now, and after reloading the system from the download file and inserting the backup database, I can reproduce this problem on my test systems (Netware and LAMP)

 

In the Contact Us page, the html generated contains an error on the continue button. Here is a snippet.

 

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="contact_us" action="http://www3.mydomain.com/catalog/contact_us.php/action/send" method="post"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

 

 

Note the forward slash replacing the question mark and equals.

Searching for this problem on forums and search engines is near impossible because they all ignore punctuation.

 

If I change the database back to that installed by the install scripts, then the code is generated correctly.

 

ie.

<td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="contact_us" action="http://www3.mydomain.com/catalog/contact_us.php?action=send" method="post"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

 

In my test system, the above occurs. On my live system, the emails are no longer being sent.

I cant help thinking that the problem is related to CRLFs inserted by Windows - It have done some database changes with myPHPAdmin, but only some global price changes, and the rest of the catalogue, pricing, shipping, paypal etc all works fine.

 

Any ideas anyone ? - I've just about run out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well - Hi again.

 

Thanks to all those that looked, but I found the answer.

 

in the html_output.php module, the tep_href_link function needs the 5th argument supplied if the "Search Engine Safe URLs" is enabled. I enabled it to be "search engine friendly" but its not much use if it breaks my contact_us form.

 

I think that the default value of the 5th argument ($search_engine_safe = true) should default to false instead.

 

Those that are using the current release of osCommerce (V2.2 RC2) - do not enable "Search Engine Safe URLs" until someone with more experience that I can do some proper debugging.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×