Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maxabears

eMail bug with clean install

Hi All.

I've been battleing this problem for about a week now, and after reloading the system from the download file and inserting the backup database, I can reproduce this problem on my test systems (Netware and LAMP)

In the Contact Us page, the html generated contains an error on the continue button. Here is a snippet.

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="contact_us" action="http://www3.mydomain.com/catalog/contact_us.php/action/send" method="post"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

Note the forward slash replacing the question mark and equals.

Searching for this problem on forums and search engines is near impossible because they all ignore punctuation.

If I change the database back to that installed by the install scripts, then the code is generated correctly.

ie.

<td width="100%" valign="top"><form name="contact_us" action="http://www3.mydomain.com/catalog/contact_us.php?action=send" method="post"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

In my test system, the above occurs. On my live system, the emails are no longer being sent.

I cant help thinking that the problem is related to CRLFs inserted by Windows - It have done some database changes with myPHPAdmin, but only some global price changes, and the rest of the catalogue, pricing, shipping, paypal etc all works fine.

Any ideas anyone ? - I've just about run out.

Well - Hi again.

Thanks to all those that looked, but I found the answer.

in the html_output.php module, the tep_href_link function needs the 5th argument supplied if the "Search Engine Safe URLs" is enabled. I enabled it to be "search engine friendly" but its not much use if it breaks my contact_us form.

I think that the default value of the 5th argument ($search_engine_safe = true) should default to false instead.

Those that are using the current release of osCommerce (V2.2 RC2) - do not enable "Search Engine Safe URLs" until someone with more experience that I can do some proper debugging.