• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subcategory Textboxes/ Main Categories

bpmcclure

Anyone have experience using STS with the Subcategory Textboxes contribution, or with Main Categories? The former allows text boxes for each subcategory, and the latter puts the main categories in the main content area of the index page.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 1 year later...

Hi

I’ve added the Subcategory textboxes contribution, I was trying to add the same text to all my subcatagorys (I have a lot of sub-categories under each main product type)

Is it possible to add the same text to all the sub-categorys in one go without having to add them manually?

Anyone have experience using STS with the Subcategory Textboxes contribution, or with Main Categories? The former allows text boxes for each subcategory, and the latter puts the main categories in the main content area of the index page.

Thanks,

Bruce

This is an old post but since the post above went off topic, I thought I would answer the original post...

Yes, both of the mentioned contributions work flawlessly with STS. All you would need to do extra is to create the infobox STS tag that would be placed anywhere in your template that you want the boxes to appear. The infobox tag is the easiest of all tags to create and instructions to do so is provided in the sts_inc/sts_user_code.php file as well as in the STS User Manual.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE