Latest News: (loading..)
Sign in to follow this  
burt

DC GV RC1 RC2 RC2a

A lot of initials ;)

I finally got around to packaging my Discount Coupon / Gift Voucher contribution for RC1, RC2, RC2a

Gift Vouchers / Discount Coupons for RC1, RC2, RC2a

You can see a video of the system in action at http://www.clubosc.com/gift-vouchers-rc1-and-rc2.html

Download includes files to "drop in" on a new install of osCommerce.

Or files so that you can add this into a modded RC1 or RC2 etc yourself.

As far as I know this is the only GV/DC contribution coded specifically for osCommerce RC releases.

ENJOY @ http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5743

Gary

This is a signature that appears on all my posts.  
IF YOU MAKE A POST REQUESTING HELP...please state the exact version
of osCommerce that you are using. THANKS

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

I forgot a whole file. Doh.

Will get a new package up tonight sometime.

Get the latest current code (community-supported responsive 2.3.4.1BS Edge) here

I forgot a whole file. Doh.

Will get a new package up tonight sometime.

Does this package allow Gift Certificates to be calculated after the tax or is it still just a pre-tax coupon?

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5743

Updated package which fixes 1 bug and adds a new file (which I forgot to include in the original package).

Gary

Does this package allow Gift Certificates to be calculated after the tax or is it still just a pre-tax coupon?

Pre. You can probably change it to suit your needs.

Hey I have the fancier invoice and packing slip v6.1 contrib installed on my site. Do you know of anything that I may have to change for this? I tried to get an answer for the same question for the discount coupon codes v9 but no such luck on that. If you have any information or additional instructions for that I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

Hey I have the fancier invoice and packing slip v6.1 contrib installed on my site. Do you know of anything that I may have to change for this? I tried to get an answer for the same question for the discount coupon codes v9 but no such luck on that. If you have any information or additional instructions for that I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

No idea. Install it and try it out.

If your "fancier invoice" contribution is properly coded, it should work without any problems ;)

No idea. Install it and try it out.

If your "fancier invoice" contribution is properly coded, it should work without any problems ;)

Wow it works lol (i didnt doubt you I woried about the other contibs). I put some things in the wrong place and had to go back I guess the other contrib was coded right I was afraid it wasnt.

I have another question. Is there anyway for you to add product exclusions and a minimum order $$ for discount?

Edited by CKENT00369

Version 1.2 released which fixes a (non important) bug in admin/coupons.php

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5743

All - I have now tested this on MS2-060817 and it installed well, without any problems at all.

Installed the latest, on RC2a, and everything works in the admin side but placing an order nothing shows up on order_confirmation and no discount is applied.

Only indication I get is when I try to use the code again and get the 'A coupon has already been applied to this order' message (which is fine).

So everything works except actually applying the discount.

Any ideas?

edit > I even went back and installed stock files to try and trace the problem - nothing.

Edited by digilee

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design

Installed the latest, on RC2a, and everything works in the admin side but placing an order nothing shows up on order_confirmation and no discount is applied.

Only indication I get is when I try to use the code again and get the 'A coupon has already been applied to this order' message (which is fine).

So everything works except actually applying the discount.

Any ideas?

edit > I even went back and installed stock files to try and trace the problem - nothing.

Same problem here. Anybody any ideas?

Seems like there should be some other code in the checkout confirmation page?

It appears to create the coupon and register with the session but then there is nothing that subtracts the coupon from the total.

Anyone confirm if this is a bug or am I running windows in my brain today?

TW

Edited by tofuwarrior

If you guys would read the instructions you'd have no problems ;)

1. Look at the README - under "usage"

2. Support is not offered at this forum.

Gary

Same problem here. Anybody any ideas?

Seems like there should be some other code in the checkout confirmation page?

It appears to create the coupon and register with the session but then there is nothing that subtracts the coupon from the total.

Anyone confirm if this is a bug or am I running windows in my brain today?

TW

OK so looks like I did have windows installed in my brain.

It appears that if you set the sort order of the discount coupons order total module to be the same as some other order total module then it doesn't show in the order confirmation page.

So when I set the sort order to be unique and in the right order (ie before the total and shipping) then it all displayed properly and no probs.

Is this how things should work? or is this a bug?

Showing my ignorance here.

Sorry burt didn't see the reply.

I hate working when I've got the lurgy. Brain just doesn't work right.

Thanks for quick response.

RTFM, it is so often the best advice :-)

Now works with Tax Calculations.

Wondering if this contribution is what I need. I need to be able to purchase gift certificates and redeem them online for my store. My client also wants to be able to add a discount to one item and take a percentage off an item not the entire order. Or even multiple items?

Does this contribution do that? Thanks!

You tell me ;)

I am also having the problem with 'A coupon has already been applied to this order', I am not a coder though so have no idea how to fix it and the read me file doesn't help me. Anyone know how to fix it?

I am also having the problem with 'A coupon has already been applied to this order', I am not a coder though so have no idea how to fix it and the read me file doesn't help me. Anyone know how to fix it?

Redifine the text in TEXT_COUPON_ENTERED in catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php to write something like this:

You have already typed in your coupon code. Click continue to to confirm your order...

... or whatever you want.

A lot of initials ;)

I finally got around to packaging my Discount Coupon / Gift Voucher contribution for RC1, RC2, RC2a

Gift Vouchers / Discount Coupons for RC1, RC2, RC2a

You can see a video of the system in action at http://www.clubosc.com/gift-vouchers-rc1-and-rc2.html

Download includes files to "drop in" on a new install of osCommerce.

Or files so that you can add this into a modded RC1 or RC2 etc yourself.

As far as I know this is the only GV/DC contribution coded specifically for osCommerce RC releases.

ENJOY @ http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5743

Gary

Hello Gary.

Thanks for a nice contribution. Great job!

I have a request for your next version.

I need the posibility to let the customer buy things in the shop and only use the gift voucher as payment. As it is right now, the customer has to choose a payment method, even when the gift cards value is higher than the items he bought. If he doesn't, a box will popup, telling him to choose a payment method. The reaction from the customer is negative and he calls and complains.

Also, how is it posible to get your latest version (5 i guess)?

Best regards

Nikolaj

Redifine the text in TEXT_COUPON_ENTERED in catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php to write something like this:

You have already typed in your coupon code. Click continue to to confirm your order...

... or whatever you want.

Hello Nickolaj,

Can you tell me where (in the php code) I need to add the checkout_payment.txt to info in the checkout_payment.php file?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

-=Al=-

Trying to install the DC GV RC1 RC2 RC2a. The checkout_payment.txt text file contains the code I need to insert, but it doesn't tell me where to put it. Help please!

Edited by whitewolfspirits

White Wolf Spirits

ok well ive added all the files and in the right places. ive tripple checked that they are all there.

in the admin i have the tool box coupons section in the side menu but when i click on that it comes up with page not found:

http://www.silkycreations.com.au/admin/...NS)%20.%20'

Page not found

The page you requested was not found on this web server. This could be for a variety of reasons, including:

You followed a broken or out-of-date link.

You entered the URL for the page incorrectly.

The page no longer exists.

If you followed a broken link, please inform the owner of the referring page.

not sure what to do here. it hasnt affected the rest of the site frm what i can see except the fact the coupon option isnt there. Please help as ive been looking for an app like this for ages :)