• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal Website Payments Standard settings doesn't save

quietstorm037

Hello all,

I am using the PayPal Website Payments Standard, its shows in my payment modules in the admin section and I can install it, but for some reason every time i try and change the default settings and click update, the changes never save. Am I doing anything wrong? I followed all directions to install...can someone please help? Thank you in advance.

I am having the same problem, I tried PP IPN too and am also having the same problem with that.

Its baffling, I set up a OSCommerce site with PP about three years ago without any problems but this time round it seems much more complicated.

I think Ill have a look through my old posts to see if there is a clue in there.

I am having a similar problem.

I am using PayPal Websites Payment Pro, I have also installed Express Checkout as it is required for Payment Pro to work.

I have made the manual changes listed here:

http://svn.oscommerce.com/fisheye/changelo...ommerce?cs=1699

The modules show up fine in the Admin section, but any changes made are not saved. It just goes back to the default.

I am in the final stages of my site and getting PayPal working is paramount.

I am using osCommerce 2.2-MS2, on a https server with a dedicated certificate.

Can someone please HELP.

Anil.

I have now added "PayPal Website Payments Standard" and again have the same problem, it won't save my settings or email address.

I guess this means that there is a problem with my new installation set up or something wrone with my paypal account.

So far I have not done anything other than get my paypal business acount, so that may be a problem but I think its more likely to be my installation or set up.

If no one comes up with any suggestion I think I will try a fresh install.

Hi there,

There must be someone in the Forum who has an insight into this problem? I have had to change to Protx for other reasons, but Paypal is needed by other users. Can someone please help these other folks?

Regards,

Anil.

I'll join the club here. I'm going live with my site in the next month and have been asking for help with this module, but alas to no avail. There is a distinct lack of suitable info on how to work with this new PayPal Standard module. The FAQ isn't updated for RC2a, and it seems to me that the module is lacking things that should be built in.

For example, when osc sends you to the paypal login page to pay for your order, it doesn't state what items have been bought, or in what quantities. It only shows the name of the shop. With the PayPal IPN contrib for MS2.2 this was fixed, but I understand that contrib doesn't work for the new module.

Can the powers that be please supply some insight?

Thanks.

Edited by the_archangel

I have now managed to get my email address into Paypal and the paypal page comes up at the end. But, there is no total, no quantity, no item and I can't figure it out as to why.

I put my email address into the file; httpdocs//includes/modules/payment/paypal

I am using osCommerce 2.2ms2.

I have the same problem with other edits like zones, currencies and others. As the the_archangel says there must be somebody out there that can help!

Edited by grandmasterjack

If at first you don't succeed.............................Cheat!!

I have now managed to get my email address into Paypal and the paypal page comes up at the end. But, there is no total, no quantity, no item and I can't figure it out as to why.

I put my email address into the file; httpdocs//includes/modules/payment/paypal

I am using osCommerce 2.2ms2.

I have the same problem with other edits like zones, currencies and others. As the the_archangel says there must be somebody out there that can help!

I'm having the same problem editing any of the Modules.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
The first fix in this thread got my payment modules to update: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...251673&st=0
You should have went with the 'second' fix as that is the "official" fix and has been intergrated into the current version of osCommerce (RC2a).

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE