• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Independent SEO URL Validation

FWR Media

PM me when you want to see what it does when I set it to True in my admin panel.

www.yourcollegegear.com

PM sent

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have turned it on for a little while.

It seems that the website will only work on .php files when the contribution is turned on.

How much to fix the problem?

I have turned it on for a little while.

It seems that the website will only work on .php files when the contribution is turned on.

How much to fix the problem?

Nobody charges on the oscommerce forums. Help here is free.

Well it wouldn't work because -pr- is a seperator used by USU. Probably 404 die.

Exactly. I thought it was interesting though. Wonder how im going to sell the letter p now?

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Free help is cool!!!

Oscommerce rocks.

Uploaded files , deleted database tables and rerun validator as instructed, same issue exists...

Oscommerce rocks...

Problem solved thanks to my friend Robert.

FWR Media ROCKS...

All thumbs up for this great contribution and the fast and accurate support.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...

Exactly. I thought it was interesting though. Wonder how im going to sell the letter p now?

This newest version 1.0.3 on April 5th of this contribution, or any version for that matter, does not work with Information Pages Unlimited v2.04.4 contribution found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1026

I doesn't matter if there is a "pr" or "p", when a user clicks on the new pages added (html) the 404 redirect is hit. My url for the newly added page looks like this http://www.mysite.com/-i-7.html. Can someone please issue a fix to work with the above contribution that many of us use?

This newest version 1.0.3 on April 5th of this contribution, or any version for that matter, does not work with Information Pages Unlimited v2.04.4 contribution found here:

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1026

I doesn't matter if there is a "pr" or "p", when a user clicks on the new pages added (html) the 404 redirect is hit. My url for the newly added page looks like this http://www.mysite.com/-i-7.html. Can someone please issue a fix to work with the above contribution that many of us use?

It does work with information pages, I use it on a few sites. I just had that one lil glitch when writing a page with PR in the title.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

http://www.mysite.com/-i-7.html

Equals

USU is broken and not adding the page name to the url. Let me guess ..

USU version 2-2.2e

It does work with information pages, I use it on a few sites. I just had that one lil glitch when writing a page with PR in the title.

PR would have been fine Glcustoms .. but .. Oooooh nooo you had to go all the way and add bleddy hyphens as well :rolleyes:

Just because you don't like Mr .htaccess doesn't mean you have to abuse him. (well actually validation killed it but .htaccess would have done if it were further down the rules)

:D

Edited by FWR Media

PR would have been fine Glcustoms .. but .. Oooooh nooo you had to go all the way and add bleddy hyphens as well :rolleyes:

Just because you don't like Mr .htaccess doesn't mean you have to abuse him. (well actually validation killed it but .htaccess would have done if it were further down the rules)

:D

I am very abusive to this cart. If only the .htaccess were paper and I had a match.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

http://www.mysite.com/-i-7.html

Equals

USU is broken and not adding the page name to the url. Let me guess ..

USU version 2-2.2e

Thank you for the reply. I installed the 2.1d ORIGINAL updated version that you had last submitted. I will go through the instructions again in the next couple days to see about getting this resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Everything works , but when I put the FWR URL Validation on true and press on a product, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_validate_seo_urls() /www/htdocs.....catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 298

could somebody help me please?

Edited by markoven

Hi,

Everything works , but when I put the FWR URL Validation on true and press on a product, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_validate_seo_urls() /www/htdocs.....catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 298

could somebody help me please?

Well there wasn't much to add in this contribution tbh and one of them was to add a function to includes/functions/general.php

Hello,

Just a quick question, when validation is turned on (after a clean install of SEO URLS & latest version) all my pages just timeout.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards

Stuart

Depends what you mean by "latest version" the best version is imo 2.1d updated, 2-2.2e doesn't work.

Having said that validation even works with 2-2.2e as long as you read the instructions.

There is no reason why your pages should time out. If you can't sort it I would need a link.

Depends what you mean by "latest version" the best version is imo 2.1d updated, 2-2.2e doesn't work.

Having said that validation even works with 2-2.2e as long as you read the instructions.

There is no reason why your pages should time out. If you can't sort it I would need a link.

I am having the same problem. Pages time out when seo urls are turned off. http://www.alltarotproducts.com

I am having the same problem. Pages time out when seo urls are turned off. http://www.alltarotproducts.com

Well they will do if you still have the SEO URLs code in place.

hi,

can i install (just for test) in Windows .. with "XAMPP" ?

when i try, i get an "500 error message"

thank you :)

The 500 error is nothing to do with validation it is to do with .htaccess settings for USU usually.

• 2 weeks later...

Agh...very frustrating :(

I have ULTIMATE SEO 2.1 installed

When I turn this contribution on, I get timed out errors, only index.php will work. No products or category pages will work.

I've tried to put in new seo.class.php files from the different 2.1 versions, didn't work. I tried to change my settings in SEO, didn't work. I've read through all of these pages, and seen a couple of people with the same/similar problem, some solved, but no solution posted :(

Link to my website is: www.stinks (THE WORD "AND" GOES HERE) things.com

However, this contrib. is turned off, so everything should work fine. The second I turn it on, I get this error (in Firefox):

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

I have tried everything I can think of for the past 2 hours, and nothing is working. Please help, thank you thank you!

Edited by fillthemup

OMG, you don't know how relieved I am right now. This should have been a simple upgrade/contrib, but it has taken me 4+ hours....

I just sat down again, went through EVERY SINGLE step of both the original SEO URL's and this contribution. the LAST thing I checked was that I copied the generals.php correctly. I deleted my work, re-copied it, and it works now! :)

Which, I don't really understand, because I never touched that after copying, but maybe I had an extra character in there or something...either way, IT WORKS! Amazing...

Hope this can help anyone else out there having the same problem.

Whew...

Ok, I'm done now :)

Here is my original post:

Agh...very frustrating :(

I have ULTIMATE SEO 2.1 installed

When I turn this contribution on, I get timed out errors, only index.php will work. No products or category pages will work.

I've tried to put in new seo.class.php files from the different 2.1 versions, didn't work. I tried to change my settings in SEO, didn't work. I've read through all of these pages, and seen a couple of people with the same/similar problem, some solved, but no solution posted :(

Link to my website is: www.stinks (THE WORD "AND" GOES HERE) things.com

However, this contrib. is turned off, so everything should work fine. The second I turn it on, I get this error (in Firefox):

I have tried everything I can think of for the past 2 hours, and nothing is working. Please help, thank you thank you!

Hello! In first instance thanks to FWR Media for this great contribution but users with some languages have some problems (I have it).

In my case I have duplicate content because the url www.mysite.com/product-p-1.html and www.mysite.com/product-p-1.html?language=es are the same page.

I would like to know how I can redirect pages with ?languages=es to original product (only remove ?language=es) and pages like as product-p-1-en.html?language=en redirect to product-p-1-en.html

I think is very simple. I only want to remove the ?language=en and redirect to same page without it.

Thanks an regards!!

Hello! In first instance thanks to FWR Media for this great contribution but users with some languages have some problems (I have it).

In my case I have duplicate content because the url www.mysite.com/product-p-1.html and www.mysite.com/product-p-1.html?language=es are the same page.

I would like to know how I can redirect pages with ?languages=es to original product (only remove ?language=es) and pages like as product-p-1-en.html?language=en redirect to product-p-1-en.html

I think is very simple. I only want to remove the ?language=en and redirect to same page without it.

Thanks an regards!!

Well you wouldn't want validation to redirect ?language=xxx as it would redirect all of your customers.

What would work I think is to do a spiders check

if(true === $spider_flag) {
 // redirect the ?language=xxx
} else {
 // Ooops its a customer, better leave it alone
}