• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Independent SEO URL Validation

FWR Media

Hello

I installed Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2.2e FIXED Full Package.

Then i installed Independent SEO URL Validation(for ULTIMATE SEO URLs) (Babygurles)

But i'm still having a problem with the "next page" (example: http://www.baby-lux.com/eshop/bebe-confort-m-6.html)

it is not working...

Can someone (Babygurgles) please help me? I have done a lot of reading on this form but haven't found a fix yet...

Thx in advance!

edit: i just tested a link to an external site and it's not working either... example

Seems to be working to me. Or am I missing something?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Just tried to install the SQL using the validation_installer.php and it just sends me back to the index page of the site? Any help would be cool. I checked to see if it installed anything and it did not.

Anyway any help would be great.

PS: Not sure why people have posted that this is not useful. This is a very important feature and could also prevent your competitors from sinking you! All they have to do is spread a faulty links all over and google will slap your site with a duplicate content filter and your rankings for your site will sink. Also other people talking about your site may miss spell the url and it would be possible for duplicate content ban. So this is VERY important!

Thanks,

Jamie

Very odd .. here is a manual SQL install

SELECT MAX(sort_order) AS max_sort FROM `configuration_group`

Record this number +1 so if it returns 16 our number is 17

(REPLACE TEXT "NUMBERHERE")

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES (null, 'FWR URL Validation', 'Validation For Ultimate SEO URLs', 'NUMBERHERE')

SELECT configuration_group_id AS cfg_id FROM `configuration_group` WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%FWR%'

Record this number to put in the next query (REPLACE TEXT "NUMBERHERE")

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (null, 'Enable Seo URL validation?', 'FWR_VALIDATION_ON', 'false', 'Enable the SEO URL validation?', 'NUMBER HERE', '1', NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),')

Hope that helps.

New version uploaded.

Changelog:

Removed tpath typo

Added Links Manager code

Thanks Glcustoms.

Very odd .. here is a manual SQL install

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES (null, 'FWR URL Validation', 'Validation For Ultimate SEO URLs', 'NUMBERHERE')

I get the number: 8675314 so I changed it to 8675315 in the max sort box. Other then that I do not get any numbers.

I tried putting both the numbers in the NUMBERHERE part and neither worked. It gives me this error. By the looks of it the rest of the code went in fine, I just couldn't get this to work.

SQL query:

INSERT INTO `configuration_group`

VALUES (

NULL , 'FWR URL Validation', 'Validation For Ultimate SEO URLs', '8675315'

)

MySQL said:

#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

Thanks for any help!

I get the number: 8675314 so I changed it to 8675315 in the max sort box. Other then that I do not get any numbers.

I tried putting both the numbers in the NUMBERHERE part and neither worked. It gives me this error. By the looks of it the rest of the code went in fine, I just couldn't get this to work.

SQL query:

VALUES (

NULL , 'FWR URL Validation', 'Validation For Ultimate SEO URLs', '8675315'

)

MySQL said:

Thanks for any help!

8675314!!! ROFL I've no idea what happened there!!

I get

max_sort

Click on the table configuration_group click on "browse"

Look down the sort order it'll look like ..

Got to the next page if you have to we need to find the highest .. as I said mine was 16 so for the query I would have used (16 +1) = 17

Okay i did this contribution fully with the updated version of type... Everything works except page 2 :( next page

EVen turned o nthe settings from seo and fwd url. :(

I imagine it's includes/classes/seo.class.php version 2-2.2e

If so you may have neglected to comment out the validation lines as in the instructions.

Okay i use UltimateSEO2.2.2e-pre-edit

and yes ive uncommented $this->ValidateName($url,

This is sad :(

Here we go again.

This is sad :(

One word for it.

and yes ive uncommented $this->ValidateName($url,

you were meant to comment it (//$this->ValidateName($url,)

No reason to use 2-2.2e anyway there's no benefit. Leave everything as it is and just upload the includes/classes/seo.class.php from the FIRST posted 2.1d package uploaded by Yesudo.

then go into admin and RESET SEO URLS.

Edited by Babygurgles

No reason to use 2-2.2e anyway there's no benefit. Leave everything as it is and just upload the includes/classes/seo.class.php from the FIRST posted 2.1d package uploaded by Yesudo.

then go into admin and RESET SEO URLS.

Thanks for this! I was having the same problem after installing 2-2.2e; following THESE EXACT INSTRUCTIONS solved the problem IMMEDIATELY (caps for the benefit of the next person who's not sure what to do about the next-page-in-a-category-doesn't-work problem!).

8675314!!! ROFL I've no idea what happened there!!

I get

max_sort

Click on the table configuration_group click on "browse"

Look down the sort order it'll look like ..

Got to the next page if you have to we need to find the highest .. as I said mine was 16 so for the query I would have used (16 +1) = 17

I tried that it some of the SEO URL codes and others are like 8675311, 8675310, 700 and so on. Not sure why but they are all over the map. I did try 16 as 15 is the last once that goes from 1-15 and then they start jumping all over the place. When I tried 16 I received the same error as before.

VALUES (

NULL , 'FWR URL Validation', 'Validation For Ultimate SEO URLs', '16'

)

MySQL said:

I even went to the end of the number to choose the highest and I added 1 and it still gave me the same error as above except with the new number in it.

Number I used is: 8675315 (Think same as first post) and the number in the SQL is 8675314.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks,

Jamie

Jamie I'm terribly sorry. I fed you duff info :rolleyes: use 16 with this. You don't need step 1.

INSERT INTO `configuration_group` VALUES (null, 'FWR URL Validation', 'Validation For Ultimate SEO URLs', 'NUMBERHERE', '1')

SELECT configuration_group_id AS cfg_id FROM `configuration_group` WHERE configuration_group_title LIKE '%FWR%'

Record this number to put in the next query (REPLACE TEXT "NUMBERHERE")

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (null, 'Enable Seo URL validation?', 'FWR_VALIDATION_ON', 'false', 'Enable the SEO URL validation?', 'NUMBER HERE', '1', NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(''true'', ''false''),')

And when this is working sort out those duff sort numbers change them to 17, 18 ,19 via phpMyAdmin. (Look at admin first and visualise the order you want them in) Nothing dangerous they are just a sort order of how things appear in admin.

I still have to say though ..

Always back up your database before making manual changes.

Edited by Babygurgles

Omg it finaly worked :)

I went and commented $this->ValidateName($url,

And it worked :D Finally Thankyou

You actually followed the instructions and it worked!!

Well I never!! Glad to hear it!

I think I should start making my instructions more obscure. Just 15 posts in order to follow them doesn't meet my (un)usability targets.

Edited by Babygurgles

And when this is working sort out those duff sort numbers change them to 17, 18 ,19 via phpMyAdmin. (Look at admin first and visualise the order you want them in) Nothing dangerous they are just a sort order of how things appear in admin.

I still have to say though ..

Always back up your database before making manual changes.

Great thanks, that worked! Only thing now is when I activate it nothing changes. I can still get to pages that are entered wrong. No big deal as its probably something I have done, so I will mess around a bit and go over the huge install file! haha

Thanks for the help!

Jamie

Hello Babygurgles, this is my first post in this great forum.

I'm a newbie, fresh as a been can be:-) to .PHP and commerce systems.

And as it seems I started wrong, let's say the hard way by installing Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2eFIXED.zip

And after reading your forum topic I realised that wasn't such a great Idea.

So I downloaded the Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d.zip and replaced the seo.class.php

BUT I came by something, at least I think so, for example:

shop/sofarsogood-p-55.html

changing the path in:

shop/oepsgood-p-55.html

RESULT: shop/sofarsogood-p-55.html

Reading this topic, this is what it should do, wright?

But if I change the path in for example: shop/sofarsogood-p-55whatever.html results in doing nothing shop/sofarsogood-p-55whatever.html and showing up the product!

Not sure if this is a problem!?????

Hello Babygurgles, this is my first post in this great forum.

I'm a newbie, fresh as a been can be:-) to .PHP and commerce systems.

And as it seems I started wrong, let's say the hard way by installing Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2-2.2eFIXED.zip

And after reading your forum topic I realised that wasn't such a great Idea.

So I downloaded the Ultimate_SEO_URLSv21d.zip and replaced the seo.class.php

BUT I came by something, at least I think so, for example:

shop/sofarsogood-p-55.html

changing the path in:

shop/oepsgood-p-55.html

RESULT: shop/sofarsogood-p-55.html

Reading this topic, this is what it should do, wright?

But if I change the path in for example: shop/sofarsogood-p-55whatever.html results in doing nothing shop/sofarsogood-p-55whatever.html and showing up the product!

Not sure if this is a problem!?????

Sorry I can't follow the meaning.

Hmm Well cant figure out why it was not working I reset the cache and made sure the seo.class.php file is the correct version as well as the rest of the SEO install and still nothing. Any suggestions? I am running the 2.1d as recommended.

Thanks,

Jamie

Edited by john2323

Just a hint for users with MS1 based Oscommerce Versions as me :)

You need to add the tep_sanitize_string function to /catalog/includes/functions/general.php

add right before the SEO URL Validation class

function tep_sanitize_string($string) {
  $string = ereg_replace(' +', ' ', $string);

return preg_replace("/[<>]/", '_', $string);
}

Stephan

You actually followed the instructions and it worked!!

Well I never!! Glad to hear it!

I think I should start making my instructions more obscure. Just 15 posts in order to follow them doesn't meet my (un)usability targets.

Hhehe doood .. you do need to brushen up on the instructions. At first i missed out on alot as i immidiately jumped to the installation part. After which noticing there was more in the beginning.. but anyways thankyou for the great ordeal u helped me with and now it works :)

Hmm Well cant figure out why it was not working I reset the cache and made sure the seo.class.php file is the correct version as well as the rest of the SEO install and still nothing. Any suggestions? I am running the 2.1d as recommended.

Thanks,

Jamie

Do you cache the configure defines? If so this may need to be reset.

You could try the following above my code in catalog/includes/application_top

## WARNING ## The code below is a die() your site will not function until this is removed

// REMOVE ME
( defined('FWR_VALIDATION_ON') ? NULL : die('FWR_VALIDATION_ON is not defined!') );
// REMOVE ME

See if it outputs anything. THEN REMOVE IT!

Edited by Babygurgles

Do you cache the configure defines? If so this may need to be reset.

You could try the following above my code in catalog/includes/application_top

## WARNING ## The code below is a die() your site will not function until this is removed

// REMOVE ME
( defined('FWR_VALIDATION_ON') ? NULL : die('FWR_VALIDATION_ON is not defined!') );
// REMOVE ME

See if it outputs anything. THEN REMOVE IT!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I get FWR_VALIDATION_ON is not defined! I gather its not turned on. It says it is in the admin. But I noticed when I turn the SEO URLs off it doesn't work either so there must be some sort of error preventing the on off features in the admin?

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I get FWR_VALIDATION_ON is not defined! I gather its not turned on. It says it is in the admin. But I noticed when I turn the SEO URLs off it doesn't work either so there must be some sort of error preventing the on off features in the admin?

Thanks,

Jamie

Oh just fixed the problem. For some reason it had two of the tables active? One was turned to false and one was turned to true. So I deleted the false table and bam good as gold. Do you know why this would happen in the data base? I have had this before now that I remember and it seems to happen from time to time.

Thanks again for your help! Great contribution!

Jamie

What I meant, is that if I put something behind the produkt name like shop/original-p-55change.html the path doesn't automaticly change into shop/original-p-55.html !??

I see .. no it wont.

You can't put stuff at the end. Why? ..

The seo url is 5 parts .. taking your url ..

Part 1 - http://www.mysite.com/shop/

Part 2 - original (this would be the product/category name)

Part 3 - -p- (This converts to product_info.php?products_id=)

Part 4 - 55 (This is the products id)

Part 5 - .html

By adding to the products_id like 55change you are effectively killing the products id. SEO URLs wouldn't know what to do with it.

but also remeber that SEO URLs should create the URL you shouldn't be adding to it, your category/product name should be enough. I know there was a mod to 2.1d that allowed manual changes in admin but I'm not a believer in it being a good idea.

Hope that helps.