• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] New Photo Gallery with Thumbnails

Trusten

Ok. It's a new photo gallery that i'm making. not really for osc, but for myself.

http://www.animeglore.com/product_gallery....?products_id=41

here's an example.

now the site is not designed to show prices and stuff, BUT, the advantage to this is that when they are viewing the photo gallery, the 'in cart', button stays in tact, and still works, and the price would be to the upper right hand corner.

the 'back to product info' takes them back to the product info as it says, and the 'veiw gallery' link takes them to the gallery once more.

problem is that this is not a "DYNAMIC" page. I'm not a master at this. if anyone can do one better, PLEASE do.

it works off the base of the old one. still requiring those gallery/products_number/ folders in the catalog area.

basically, this is what it is.

1. you make a folder called gallery. catalog/gallery/

then make a folder for each product.

now if you have over 100 products, that's gonna be a problem.

the code can be manipulated, in other words, say someone fixed something in the admin area that was like a 'gallery upload' area. where someone could very well upload tons of pictures to put as apart of a gallery, and maybe make a 'gallery' option for the product.

product_info.php and product_gallery.php would both look for items that have gallery='yes' or something like that. then drag the info from the database and paste it.

that's fairly simple.

unfortunately, i'm not good enough to do that, but if you want to bounce along with this makeshift gallery, i am pretty pleased with it, then you may.

second problem is that i don't really remember how i made it.

i'll post it as a contribution if it's worth the trouble. if it's sucky then screw it, i'll keep it to myself and not waste the time.

sorry if i let you guys down. but could someone smarter than me just expand on it.

cool? thanks.

Look at IT-Sells.de/default.php

Go to the Produkts and you see 6 Pictures

(There are default images inside) but it is fully dynamic with image check etc. pp

Resize upload and so on.

But it is to dangerous to give it as a contribution.

Too much to edit for the mass of beginners.

xtcommerce Templates

And this is my new coding project. A multilingual sitesearch for online stores. Have a look at the search field left in the navbar:

WWW.BE-INSHAPE.DE Proteinpulver, Aminosäure Liquids and Supplements for Bodybuilding and Fitness

It finds all the ingredients like amino acids, carnitin and proteins if you don't know how to spell. In realtime...

Maybe, because of you could be able to compare some files I changed with the originals and try to use my methods to finish your gallery?

But if you don't want, it is your decision.

When I would give it out as a contribution, some people will break their shops and then the support could be too much stressing.

I know what happens, when you give out complicated solutions for anything, and I have not so much time to work out everybodys bugs.

There are more things to change than only put a filedefinition into the application_top.php.

My categories.php is 140 kb and some other changes from original make it difficult to compare with diff tools.

But if you like to try, you only could win.

xtcommerce Templates

And this is my new coding project. A multilingual sitesearch for online stores. Have a look at the search field left in the navbar:

WWW.BE-INSHAPE.DE Proteinpulver, Aminosäure Liquids and Supplements for Bodybuilding and Fitness

It finds all the ingredients like amino acids, carnitin and proteins if you don't know how to spell. In realtime...

if your code could be used at all, then let's see. maybe i can dumb down a lot of parts. i wanted to make a contribution that wouldn't hack too much into osc.

the good part here is that in all honesty, there isn't that much hatcking at all into the original osc code. it's more like three pages that you add, a database change, and some folders.

but let's see what you can do.

right.

so far. i made some progress

1. whether the photo gallery is available can be controlled from the admin

2. those red and green buttons can turn them off or on.

3. links show up when the database say there is a gallery, otherwise, the page appears to be a normal products_info.php page.

4. new products, and 'let's see what we have here', products_list.php show the gallery option and the 'buy now' button.

draw back, i'm not good enough to design something where you upload a pic and the database tracks it then spits it back out. so you still gotta make a photo gallery by yourself.

still working on it. you can head to the example link and check out a few topics, mangas hve no gallery so they are good 'non' gallery examples.

anyhow, think that's about it for now.

i'm not sure how well i'm doing.

little help please... btw, i've decided to use the buttons from our resident genius button maker.

El Bavaro, or whatever, I LOVE YOU!

Hi,

Just wandering if the gallery had been made available for download somewhere....

looking at the side, it looks like what I needed...

I would appreciate if it was shared...

Thanks

Salvo

I will post this contribution but let me make one thing clear and I don't care how much of a b*tch I sound. I DID NOT make this contribution for you. This was not an effort 'we' made, it was one 'I' made and until you are officially paying me, then what it is you appreciate is not my concern.

I don't want to bite your head off but I do not 'appreciate' you acting as if I made this via your approval. You suggested ways to present the layout, I won't ignore that, and for that, I'll post it. I usually post my contributions anyhow, though I am not sure if this one is good enough.

Next time you talk to someone about 'their' work, try to act like it was 'their' work. It wasn't easy to do or else you wouldn't be asking. Regardless, no one gave any suggestions on ways to improve it, so I had to make due on my own. And I was busy fixing a site up, I didn't have time to back track my steps, there are A LOT of steps to take to make this contribution work.

And for anyone who thinks I'm overreacting, I'm not. Not all conversation between Salvo and I took place on this topic or others.

I'll post the contribution later today.

• 19 years later...