• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Two STS sites Sharing catalogs

evan wagner

I have an interesting storefront in the making. I have a template up for my www.fishingretailsupply.com site. Please review it and notice that the bottom link on the left hand side. Paintball supplies. I am wanting to build a template for this part of my site looking different than the original one and SHARE the catalog. Can this be done? Would this be done with index.php_0.html ? I couldnt get it to work properly.

I have looked around on this forum and am seeing some stuff that is similiar but not quite the right answers for my situation. Can you guys please assist? Or at least point me in the right directions Thank You!

evan

Install osc on 2 web sites on the same web server.

Then change the 2 configure.php files on one shop to point to the db the other uses.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Thanks! I'll roll with it. I'll let you know the outcome! A Big help!

Having a few issues getting the STS templates from fighting each other. Only one is working. When the other one is activated the site wants both oscommerce sites to look the same instead of individually different. :( Any more help or insight would be great!

Evan

Having a few issues getting the STS templates from fighting each other. Only one is working. When the other one is activated the site wants both oscommerce sites to look the same instead of individually different. :( Any more help or insight would be great!

Evan

solution:

fyi- ALL YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP THE SAME NAME OF THE STS TEMPLATES that you are using for your site, but alter them accordingly and upload them to the correct different directories.

Evan

solution:

fyi- ALL YOU WILL NEED TO KEEP THE SAME NAME OF THE STS TEMPLATES that you are using for your site, but alter them accordingly and upload them to the correct different directories.

Evan

Runnig into checkout issues. The templates want to reset to my first template once a secured sever is entered. ANy help PLEASE PLEASE!!!

here is my configure.php

// Define the webserver and path parameters

// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)

// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://fishingretailsupply.com'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://secure.bluehost.com/~fishingr'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'fishingretailsupply.com');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'secure.bluehost.com');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/fishingr/public_html/catalog/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'fishingr_osc1');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'XXXXXXXXXXXXX');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'fishingr_osc1');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

Search the Contribs as there is a contrib called Multi-Shops or something like that that allows you have to have mutlple stores share the same database but is each store/site is different. and it works with STS.

It always allows you to specify if a certain product is displayed on one site or both.

Edited by Eighteen48