• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Any 3 discount

cooch

Could use some creative input!

We have certain products that have common model numbers (like DVD_1, DVD_2, etc) that we would like to offer a "buy any 3" discount for. We would like to set up a way that placing any combination of 3 of these products into the cart results in a designated discount on them only (nothing else in the cart). We are thinking we could key off the model number, somehow.

Here are some caveats:

1) Because of the way the products are set up, they are not in the same category, but are spread across several.

2) If they place 1 or 2 in their cart, get no discount

3) If they place 3 in their cart, get a % discount on each

4) If they place 4 in their cart, get a % discount on only 3

5) If they place 5 in their cart, get a % discount on only 3

6) If they place 6 in their cart, get a % discount on each

Anyone have any ideas on how to work this?

Thanks

Anyone have any ideas on how to work this?

There is a mod (to use on top of QPBPP) in the latest version of Quantity Price Break Per Products that uses a discount category to group products. The discount category is totally independent of the category the product is in itself.

There is a mod (to use on top of QPBPP) in the latest version of Quantity Price Break Per Products that uses a discount category to group products. The discount category is totally independent of the category the product is in itself.

I'll check that out, thanks!

Would you happen to know which mod?

I know there is a module that provides a discount depending on how many total items there are in the cart.

What I think I need is a similar module, but one that only looks at certain items in the cart, not the total quantity.

Will the mod you are thinking of do this?

quantity price break.

Satish

Sorry to sound stupid, but you suggested:

"There is a mod (to use on top of QPBPP) in the latest version of Quantity Price Break Per Products..."

I have that module, and I can't see how to use it to do what I need. I don't want to give price breaks, and I don't want to enforce certain quantities to be purchased to get a break.

However, I am thinking I might me able to modify the global quantity module to select only certain products, and base the discount off of that quantity instead of the total cart quantity.

Thanks.

Sorry to sound stupid, but you suggested:

"There is a mod (to use on top of QPBPP) in the latest version of Quantity Price Break Per Products..."

I have that module, and I can't see how to use it to do what I need. I don't want to give price breaks, and I don't want to enforce certain quantities to be purchased to get a break.

in the latest version of Quantity Price Break Per Products..

However, I am thinking I might me able to modify the global quantity module to select only certain products, and base the discount off of that quantity instead of the total cart quantity.

Do that and then compare how I did it in the QPBPP - price break per discount category mod.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Just installed this but not sure if it's meant to work how I need.

I want to add:

Spend £X get this product free.

Can this contrib do this?

SolarFrenzy

Solar powered gadgets at down to earth prices.

CheekyNaughty

Promoting British Design