• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Cant see modules on Netware

maxabears

Hi all.

I am trying to make OSC work on my Netware server, but cannot see the modules installed.

I have the paths correct (configure.php), and the OSC works, as well as admin, with two exceptions.

The file manager in the admin panel and the Modules option, both of which execute php dir() functions, fail.

I made a test.php with the following to work out what was happening.

<?php

$d = dir("sys:/mbwebsrv/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/shipping");

echo "Handle: ".$d->handle."<br>\n";

echo "Path: ".$d->path."<br>\n";

while($entry=$d->read()) {

echo $entry."<br>\n";

}

$d->close();

?>

If the file is in the catalog directory, then it runs (I can call it from the browser) and gives me a list of the shipping modules.

If I move the test.php to the admin directory, then it fails. No error message, just the Handle and Path messages.

The php log files suggest that access to the path is not allowed, but why does it work from the catalog directory ??

I thought that it might be .htaccess or apache config related, but I have setup the same config for both the catalog and the catalog/admin directories to eliminate that as an issue. Same result if I remove all of the .htaccess files.

I checked all netware permissions, directory attributes and ownerships, all unix file permissions and have now run out of ideas.

Netware is 6.5.

Apache 2, php 5.

I know my debugging points this to an apache config, but I'm hoping that someone else with OSC experience can help. I have searched everything I can but don't have the apache experience required.

Please... Anyone...

Hi all.

I am trying to make OSC work on my Netware server, but cannot see the modules installed.

I have the paths correct (configure.php), and the OSC works, as well as admin, with two exceptions.

The file manager in the admin panel and the Modules option, both of which execute php dir() functions, fail.

I made a test.php with the following to work out what was happening.

<?php

$d = dir("sys:/mbwebsrv/htdocs/catalog/includes/modules/shipping");

echo "Handle: ".$d->handle."<br>\n";

echo "Path: ".$d->path."<br>\n";

while($entry=$d->read()) {

echo $entry."<br>\n";

}

$d->close();

?>

If the file is in the catalog directory, then it runs (I can call it from the browser) and gives me a list of the shipping modules.

If I move the test.php to the admin directory, then it fails. No error message, just the Handle and Path messages.

The php log files suggest that access to the path is not allowed, but why does it work from the catalog directory ??

I thought that it might be .htaccess or apache config related, but I have setup the same config for both the catalog and the catalog/admin directories to eliminate that as an issue. Same result if I remove all of the .htaccess files.

I checked all netware permissions, directory attributes and ownerships, all unix file permissions and have now run out of ideas.

Netware is 6.5.

Apache 2, php 5.

I know my debugging points this to an apache config, but I'm hoping that someone else with OSC experience can help. I have searched everything I can but don't have the apache experience required.

Please... Anyone...

The only advice I can offer is do not use the admin filemanager under any circumstances.

The only advice I can offer is do not use the admin filemanager under any circumstances.

Yeah - Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Anyone else know why the catalog and catalog/admin directories might be treated differently with the php dir() function ??

Archived