• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

It took me 3 years to build this site. Please feedback. Thank you!

Drunker

Long enough. :rolleyes: This site features are including......

get ripped of index.php

Specials on main page

Feature products

Large images on pop up

Product extra images with pop up

Coupon discounts

Admin add customer

Admin edit order

Credit card CCV

Prevent robot register

Links manager

Option type

Live support

Contact us improvement

Products title on the fly

Price update

Click here to see the live site

Nice job on your site! I really like the rolling News Update Box. I have been trying to get a box onto mysite that is not one of the "standard" ones you can enable/disable. How did you do it?

Also, I like the Product Detail page. ow did you get the description to format like that?

Nice job on your site! I really like the rolling News Update Box. I have been trying to get a box onto mysite that is not one of the "standard" ones you can enable/disable. How did you do it?

Also, I like the Product Detail page. ow did you get the description to format like that?

Hello otcb:

Thank you for your replied! The scrolling text called scroller, it can be download at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/389 . Please use the Oct 09, 2002 version because simple is good.

For products description, you may use some HTML coding for all you need. If you have any comments, Please don't hesitates to post. :thumbsup:

AWESOME SITE! You've got some great features: the hawaiin name translation and the news update are my favorites. Very innovative.

Aloha Cheryl:

Thank you! The Hawaiian name translation is very easy as 123, just tep draw input and tep draw get in PHP with database table, the hard part was typing 15000 names into database field.

Showing invoice and able to print it out after purchase is important for all online e-commerce, I've added what kind of credit card accepted and tell customer we will contact you by phone or email once the order has been processed.

Call the customer if ships to different address to make sure that's correct orders and asking could you repeat the credit card number for me and the shipping address. Call the customer if the IP not related to either shipping address or billing address we've been recorded, The procedure will beneficially either one of us. Pointless. :rolleyes:

You may log in with [email protected] and password 123 and welcome for test drive. for everyone.

Mahalo!

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your site is frankly a 2/10 if you've been working on it for 3 years!!!!!!!

I say this only because of the 3 years part......get addons...but as far as look and lay of the site goes....you have nothing special at all, and I wouldn't even shop around your site because for one there are a billion jewelry stores, and needless to say Ebay...secondly you have NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING that is eye catching at all, besides the HUGE price range.

Site still utilitizes everything basic osC has to offer...info box are still basic, and nothing special, banner doesn't stand out, any scrolling text on an osC doesn't look professional in my opinion, and when you think about it, your trying to be as professional as possible, and what security do you have on the site? any SSL? do you use paypal? anything like Authorize.net? or Google Checkout? some form of checkout that is secure, if so....I should be able to see it instantly...and feel comfortable, safe, secure, and happy to spend money at your site.

Honestly, and I'm being harsh to HELP you! God's honest truth, but honestly I go to your site, and see another osC shop that looks like someone just picked it up, slapped pics on it, and wants to make a lil change through a scam. I didn't feel safe, or welcomed at all. Think about these things.

No SSL - means that I wouldn't buy from your website.

Yes, it does look like a fairly standard osCommerce website but not as bad as some I've seen.

A box that scrolls up and at the top of the page a marquee that goes from right to left makes my eyes ache. And no one uses scrolling marguees any more - not for years.

Lose the scrolling box, lose the scrolling marquee, get an SSL certificate, work on the design. Lose the endless repitition in the meta tags of "hawaiian" - any more than 3 iterations of the same word will get you severely marked down by search engines.

Vger

I'm sorry to tell you this, but your site is frankly a 2/10 if you've been working on it for 3 years!!!!!!!

I say this only because of the 3 years part......get addons...but as far as look and lay of the site goes....you have nothing special at all, and I wouldn't even shop around your site because for one there are a billion jewelry stores, and needless to say Ebay...secondly you have NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING that is eye catching at all, besides the HUGE price range.

Site still utilitizes everything basic osC has to offer...info box are still basic, and nothing special, banner doesn't stand out, any scrolling text on an osC doesn't look professional in my opinion, and when you think about it, your trying to be as professional as possible, and what security do you have on the site? any SSL? do you use paypal? anything like Authorize.net? or Google Checkout? some form of checkout that is secure, if so....I should be able to see it instantly...and feel comfortable, safe, secure, and happy to spend money at your site.

Honestly, and I'm being harsh to HELP you! God's honest truth, but honestly I go to your site, and see another osC shop that looks like someone just picked it up, slapped pics on it, and wants to make a lil change through a scam. I didn't feel safe, or welcomed at all. Think about these things.

Dear Parker:

Thanks very much for your heart break through comments for my baby!

All I have wanted is simple and simple is good. osC layer does the job done and acknowledge by many e-commerce website designers. Moreover, most web hosting companies selected osCommerce shipping cart for add-on as part of their promotions as well as Plesk server standard.

I will obtain the SSL when time is come, and we have our own credit card terminal for transactions key entry. Please log in with [email protected] with password 123 or create your own, I am more than happy to welcome you for test drive. Please......Don't hesitates to harsh your useful comments for my baby, I am looking forward to hearing from you! :rolleyes:

Best Regards!

Thomas

No SSL - means that I wouldn't buy from your website.

Yes, it does look like a fairly standard osCommerce website but not as bad as some I've seen.

A box that scrolls up and at the top of the page a marquee that goes from right to left makes my eyes ache. And no one uses scrolling marguees any more - not for years.

Lose the scrolling box, lose the scrolling marquee, get an SSL certificate, work on the design. Lose the endless repitition in the meta tags of "hawaiian" - any more than 3 iterations of the same word will get you severely marked down by search engines.

Vger

Dear Miss Rhea Anthony/ Vger:

Thank you very much! Your experiences is graceful than anyone else. Once again, Thank you!

Marquee tag were no longer validation by W3C even though Margin tag but wider used by java scripts programming today nor IE7 and FireFox displaying it in proper layout. Thanks for pointing out that do not use keywords repeatedly as the density of keywords does not matter in title tag. Your feedback is very helpful and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon! :thumbsup:

Best Regards!

Thomas

I'm curious to when you say "All I have wanted is simple and simple is good. osC layer does the job done and acknowledge by many e-commerce website designers"

Who are these e-commerce website designers? Definately not professional.

I say this because I recently began my own design company. And I myself after working with the system for just over a month grew to love the simplicity. www.eleatherline.com That is my first osC site I've designed. Needless to say when I'm getting at is, I disagree, or rather don't believe you when you say it's "acknowledge by many e-commerce website designers." You have nothing special whatsoever in terms of design, and I think you will get better business, if you invest in a better design. just my .02

I really don't think you are in the position yet to be criticising the design of Thomas's website.

Vger

excuse me???

eleatherline.com site looks better that 95% of all stores that I have ever seen, even the owner/president of hacker safe company told me directly over the phone that my site was great looking, smooth, and easy to navigate. Yes that could've been a trick to get me to utilize hacker safe, but she told me this after I wasn't interested....regardless I'll take it as a compliment either way.

Seriously....I'm not in the position based on experience I suppose, but only because I'm very unfirmilar with most ofthe contributions. lol, but for using osC for design purposes for just over a month, I will have to say what I have done is pretty damn good. Honestly, I'm not trying to be stuck up at all, because frankly I'm not that type of person, but I do take pride in my work thus far. I mean c'mon I look at most of these sites in the "feedback my store section," and all utilize basic osC principles of design(or templates)...look at eleatherline.....mainly everything is custom in terms of look and lay. header, left / columns, footer....homepage setup....category setup....shall I continue?

Thomas & Parker I'm not going to be as mean as some of the other post on here, but you both need to start from scratch and re-design your sites from the ground up. Look at your more successful competition's website and think about how their design generates sales and what you could do better to get more sales out of that design. Look at what the major online retailers are doing like Amazon ( they have a wicked 4 step checkout ). And remeber its the top 5% of sites that look better then yours that are getting the consistent sales you have to put yourself in the top 5% to get noticed.

One thing I will recommend is Google Analytics it will give you good insite on how visitors use your site

And just to get an idea of what a total re-design of osc looks like, here are my sites.

www . eyekandeelingerie . com

www . eyekandeeapparel. com

Hope this give you some thing to shoot for when you start your next re-design

Cheers,

Alex Roche

excuse me???

eleatherline.com site looks better that 95% of all stores that I have ever seen, even the owner/president of hacker safe company told me directly over the phone that my site was great looking, smooth, and easy to navigate. Yes that could've been a trick to get me to utilize hacker safe, but she told me this after I wasn't interested....regardless I'll take it as a compliment either way.

Seriously....I'm not in the position based on experience I suppose, but only because I'm very unfirmilar with most ofthe contributions. lol, but for using osC for design purposes for just over a month, I will have to say what I have done is pretty damn good. Honestly, I'm not trying to be stuck up at all, because frankly I'm not that type of person, but I do take pride in my work thus far. I mean c'mon I look at most of these sites in the "feedback my store section," and all utilize basic osC principles of design(or templates)...look at eleatherline.....mainly everything is custom in terms of look and lay. header, left / columns, footer....homepage setup....category setup....shall I continue?

Wow! Another one hits the big claim to fame. In just a month! OMG! I wish I could build some killer site with blurry graphics, unfinished about us page, stock buttons, different sized text everywhere, main site in directory other than the root without any other site there, standard urls and throw its name all over the place. Damnit, If I could only be so bad ass like that. But alas, it shall never be as I am not knowledgable enough about contributions to make a design work.

But hey, if I keep trying for a whole month, maybe I can move on to make myspace layouts and HTML sites aligned to the right with dead pages everywhere, and just say Ive got 8 years on me. Becuase my potential customers are going to look at my work anyway and they will probally think Ive been at it 20 years.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I will have to say what I have done is pretty damn good

When you can do this then you can claim that:

http://www.bboheme.com

or when you can do this (a more standard osCommerce website) then you can claim that:

http://www.cleoltd.net

until then ...you're just deluding yourself ...sorry!

Vger

Wow! Another one hits the big claim to fame. In just a month! OMG! I wish I could build some killer site with blurry graphics, unfinished about us page, stock buttons, different sized text everywhere, main site in directory other than the root without any other site there, standard urls and throw its name all over the place. Damnit, If I could only be so bad ass like that. But alas, it shall never be as I am not knowledgable enough about contributions to make a design work.

But hey, if I keep trying for a whole month, maybe I can move on to make myspace layouts and HTML sites aligned to the right with dead pages everywhere, and just say Ive got 8 years on me. Becuase my potential customers are going to look at my work anyway and they will probally think Ive been at it 20 years.

And http://nxlcart.com/ (if this is yours...) has no business talking whatsoever...

Blurry graphics? lmao, most products are now optimized...except about 7 categories I can name off the back of my hand. But one at a time is what I always like to say. Before you go rambling on, let me make this clear, I was hired to design the look and lay, and input all products, so as far as the about me page goes, shut your trap, because this is not my site, and I'm still waiting for my boss to give me complete details on this. Stock Buttons.....lol I have to ask, when you shop online, I'm assumiing you do, do you look at the damn buttons? They haven't been a priority of mine thus far, and needless to say won't be for some time. Wow your going as far as looking at the directory huh? Have a life? and as far as the urls go......that just proves my statement about contributions correct, and it's actually on my to-do list. Right now I'm finishing up header tags controller, then doing Ultimate SEOs, hopefully this will make you of all people happy.

All I can say multi color man is that you've been here since '05...lol

thanks for taking the time to look at my site, I actually put that site up in I think 25 mins, but thanks for the feedback, and wow going to foulstench are we? lol the reason it's in current projects kinda means it's NOT completed, but yeah you go on and and snoop around and try to act like your bringing me down in some form, because this is internet, lord knows your prolly just some pissed off fat man with no woman, and your taking it out on the osC forums.

When you can do this then you can claim that:

http://www.bboheme.com

or when you can do this (a more standard osCommerce website) then you can claim that:

http://www.cleoltd.net

until then ...you're just deluding yourself ...sorry!

Vger

bboheme is a great looking site, smooth, flash works well with no delay, didn't really browse at all. But yes great site.

Can you go back and read what I initally wrote, I've been designing with osC for a lil over a month, and considering what I've done in that time, it's pretty damn good.

Cleoltd is an ugly site, basic everything except flash banner(which is good), shouldn't use that as an example my friend. Big problem I have is balance...and when you have virtually all infobox's in the right column (at least on the homepage) and 1/2 of the left column just blank with default category setup...idk don't like it, but my opinion means nothing obviously.

I would say there is slightly too many product pictures on the front page, which makes the site look overcrowded especially with the very long product titles. Possibly consider dropping to 3 columns per row and reducing the product names length.

The cleoltd.net site is using 97% cpu power thanks to that flash banner. Anyone else get that too?

bboheme is a great looking site, smooth, flash works well with no delay, didn't really browse at all. But yes great site.

Can you go back and read what I initally wrote, I've been designing with osC for a lil over a month, and considering what I've done in that time, it's pretty damn lame.

Cleoltd is an ugly site, basic everything except flash banner(which is good), shouldn't use that as an example my friend. Big problem I have is balance...and when you have virtually all infobox's in the right column (at least on the homepage) and 1/2 of the left column just blank with default category setup...idk don't like it, but my opinion means nothing obviously.

Your opinion means everything, I really like the way you make excuses for yourself ahead of time. Its your work that means nothing. Just like it doesnt matter how a button looks to you, it doesnt matter how a cleint looks at you either. And everything you brag about is unfinished? Is it always going to? Or maybe in another month it will be complete and well ahead of everyone on this forum.

I guess I better take my fat ass on now, got another job to do for Minute Maid, then for Sysco foods, then Pennzoil, but what the hell, maybe I'll pass them a link to your public site. Unless, of course theres something wrong with looking at it?

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

"Minute Maid, then for Sysco foods, then Pennzoil"

congrats. I'll stop while I'm ahead. I'm too inexperience, for anyone to take me seriously anyways. good luck and god bless brotha man.

but my opinion means nothing obviously.
I've been designing with osC for a lil over a month

Take those two together and you have your answer.

You wouldn't be getting this criticism if you hadn't posted your own site as an example of what can be done with osCommerce - and your continued asserton that what you did was "pretty damn good".

What you did you may feel is "pretty damn good" for someone who's been at it for 1 month, but in the general scheme of things it's "pretty damn bad".

You do need a reality check if you think the Cleo site is ugly and that yours looks good. You may also want to apply for an eyesight test.

Vger

Archived