• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Canada Post Weight etc.

Hi All:

A couple of questions about the Canada Post shipping module:

1- Is the weight metric or imperial? Is this something that's set in the admin section of osc? If so where?

2- How does Canada Post calculate the shipping price is we don't specify dimensions? Is there a link to the Canada Post website that would answer these questions?

Thanks,

- Alfred

hey,

just two words

GOOD LUCK!

i too used the cp shipping mod, paid one of the developers to correct a few bugs and to alter the code to return rates back to US funds (b/c this is my default currency)

but my problem is this:

using bubble packs, with weights less than 2 kg (btw this is what CP wants the measurements in)

when logging into the CP server backend, "defining your box" to the specifed measurements, it returns a whacky number, for example, if a customer was from europe and bought an item from me ( a soccer jersey) that weight .400kg, it would cost him $144 BUCKS!!!

but you go into a CP retail store and it costs $25 bucks flat rate.

shocking ain't it??

my case has been escalated to there 3rd level engeernering support, it has been 3 weeks now with no word.

there is a defently a problem/bug with the CP servers when using measurements that are not considered 'boxes"

hope you can salvage anything from my experiences...

regards,

d

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Does this mod not allow USA pricing and canadain pricing?

if i login and have a product the shipping when using canadain default currency is 23.50 for shipping option 1

if i change default language to usa (currency changes as well to USD) then in the checkout i see 17.45USD for shipping

Is this not correct, is this what your all are asking about?

crshNbrn living on the edge.....

I've installed the canadapost 3 one (without dimensions) and indeed it does not change from C$ to U$ or whatever other currency is set up. So the shipping charge is passed as the numeric value for the C$ charge.

I posted a question about it in the General Support area, only because I wanted to find out where OSC does the currency conversion so I could add it to the CP3 module.

If CP w/dimensions works, then I'll switch to it... Only thing is that I found it used the same field names in the product table (length, width, height) which conflicts with some other contributions (and my own mods!).

-al