• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AUTOMATIC Customer Notification of New Products

kolargol

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:

Customers choose the categories/sub categories they are interested in to be notified when new products are available (NOT ALREADY EXISTING Products but NEW ones to come in the future).

Then when new products are added afterwards in those categories then the customers AUTOMATICALY receive a email with links to those new added prducts.

I saw that there is a contribution called New Product Notification but i couldn't find any comments about it.

Is it working well please ?

Is there another contribution that could make the job ?

Thank you

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to do the following:

Customers choose the categories/sub categories they are interested in to be notified when new products are available (NOT ALREADY EXISTING Products but NEW ones to come in the future).

Then when new products are added afterwards in those categories then the customers AUTOMATICALY receive a email with links to those new added prducts.

I saw that there is a contribution called New Product Notification but i couldn't find any comments about it.

Is it working well please ?

Is there another contribution that could make the job ?

Thank you

Hi kolargol,

this contrib ist exactly what you (and me) are after yet I did not get it to work :-(

Just yesterday I installed it a second time after approx 1 year. I was hoping with the Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 iand/or me having learned a bit more it might work, but this stayed a hope.

To me it looks like everything but sending out the e-mail works fine. Thanks to an mail-test by Harald Ponce de Leon I can be pretty sure my e-mail itself is fine.

Unfortunately my skills are not good enough to figure out where the error might be.

It would be interesting to see what experiences you are having with this.

The nearest contrib on offer is a compromise. It is for customers to be notified when sold out products are back on stock.

Best regards

Nala

• 2 weeks later...
Hi kolargol,

this contrib ist exactly what you (and me) are after yet I did not get it to work :-(

Just yesterday I installed it a second time after approx 1 year. I was hoping with the Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 iand/or me having learned a bit more it might work, but this stayed a hope.

To me it looks like everything but sending out the e-mail works fine. Thanks to an mail-test by Harald Ponce de Leon I can be pretty sure my e-mail itself is fine.

Unfortunately my skills are not good enough to figure out where the error might be.

It would be interesting to see what experiences you are having with this.

The nearest contrib on offer is a compromise. It is for customers to be notified when sold out products are back on stock.

Best regards

Nala

Hello Nala,

I have not yet installed the New Product Notification contribution. So i don't know if that works (I have others contribs to install first). But I am also trying to contact the original author of the contribution. Anyway I will advise as soon as I have new informations on this subject as it is a very important issue for me (and you).

Best Regards