• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which Paypal version is in Osc 2.2MS2?

girl

Hi,

Please bear with me, as I am really new at all of this and now am totally confused.

I am using osCommerce 2.2-MS2.

I went to the document provided by Harald in http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=289227

document http://svn.oscommerce.com/confluence/displ...yments+Standard

Now, in order to get PayPal to work do I need to add on a module such as this http://svn.oscommerce.com/confluence/displ...yments+Standard?

From the info in the "document" Is this an IPN paypal?

So is paypal web payment standard IPN?

If someone can help clarify the above it would help me a lot.

Thanks

There is paypal standard (IPN) and paypal pro (although this includes the standard one). In the other thread, you mention a cert file. That is only used for the pro version. You have to pay paypal a montly fee for the pro version. Are you doing that? If not, then you just need to install the paypal IPN contribution from here and you should be all set.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

No, I am not paying paypal a monthly fee.

Nor have I set up the IPN for my OSCommerece shop.

So I need to add-on the IPN paypal Harald has added last month, and then set up the IPN info in paypal for my OSc shop - right??

The reason I want to be sure is because I sell in an emall that uses the paypal IPN. So I don't want to make changes unless I have to i.e leave the mall.

You need to install an IPN version. I don't have experience with Harold's version, though it says it will work with an MS2 shop, assuming that is what you have. I use this one and it works fine. But either one you chose, you don't need to set up the public cert option, which I assume is what your other post was about. Just instal the module into your shop, go to admin and Install it then edit it and change the few settings liike live mode and email address and you should be all set. Place an item on your shop for a penny and ask someone you know to order it to make sure the module works.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

I added Harald's module and did not set up the pulic cert section (very happy to hear I don't need that as I have no idea what that is about). And it worked, I was able to get a sale, it also redirected me to my success page when I pressed the button (very visible) to go back to my store and my download was waiting for me :lol:

I am very happy about that.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Wow I'm really struggling with setting up PayPal payments Standard (UK). :blush:

I am using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2. From the Admin/Modules section I have clicked the button to install PayPal Web Payments Satndard. Then gone into edit, to set up the email address that my merchant has set up in PayPal.

But when I try to checkout, it lands me on the PayPal web site https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr with the userid filled in with the PayPal email account name, but the password is not filled in.... is this right or should it be landing me somewhere else? .....!

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? :(

My settings are as follows:-

• Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard = True
  • E-Mail Address
  • The PayPal seller e-mail address to accept payments for = "My Merchants email address"
  • Payment Zone If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone. = "UK_VAT"
  • Set Preparing Order Status Set the status of prepared orders made with this payment module to this value = "Prepairing [PayPal Standard]"
  • Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value = "Default"
  • Gateway Server Use the testing (sandbox) or live gateway server for transactions? = "Live"
  • Transaction Method The processing method to use for each transaction. = "Sale"
  • Page Style The page style to use for the transaction procedure (defined at your PayPal Profile page) = Left this box empty as we dont have a style set up yet
  • Debug E-Mail Address All parameters of an Invalid IPN notification will be sent to this email address if one is entered. "MyEmail Address"
  • Enable Encrypted Web Payments Do you want to enable Encrypted Web Payments? = False
  • All the rest of the boxes are empty except for :-
  • OpenSSL Location The location of the openssl binary file. = "/usr/bin/openssl"

HELP!

Jehanne - I'm glad to have helped. :)

Dave - that's not the page you should end up on. I don't use that module but since Jehanne was able to get it working, it must work. All you need do is

- create a business type account at paypal

- install the paypal module in admin->modules

- click on edit for that module, enter your paypal email address, set it to live and active

It should work at that point. But keep in mind you can't use your own account to test an order.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jehanne - I'm glad to have helped. :)

Dave - that's not the page you should end up on. I don't use that module but since Jehanne was able to get it working, it must work. All you need do is

- create a business type account at paypal

- install the paypal module in admin->modules

- click on edit for that module, enter your paypal email address, set it to live and active

It should work at that point. But keep in mind you can't use your own account to test an order.

Jack

Jack.... This is driving me insane..... I have downloaded Harold's module and re-installed it on my server just in case something was corrupt with the code I got with osC, but still no joy. I have some previous experience of using PayPal and from memory the email of the merchant account is passed as a hidden form field called 'business'. I am wondering if that is not getting passed in my case, meaning PayPal doesn't know where to land me, so drops me at the login page.

I have checked in the database (Configuration table) and the e Mail address is correctly stored with the 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STANDARD_ID' as a reference.

Does it make any difference that I am in the UK?

Should the "PayPal Standard Payments" work on the UK version of PayPal?

As mentioned previously, I don't use so I can't say if it will work, although it should. Does the standard paypal module work for you? How about one of the other IPN versions?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons