• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

free shipping question

chaos122967

By this question you will see that I am a big time newbie and a little slow. But I have to ask before I try to install this. :oops:

Do I simply drop the new modules in the admin side?

example, highlighting the new icons in catalog_images_icons in the freeshipping folder and pasting them in catalog_images_icons os commerce site...

Then at the end of the includes_lanquages_english.php copy and paste some code?

Does this need to be duplicated on the catalog side?

Silly questions I know but I am almost done and have no wish to screw up now. My boss would kill me :shock:

Thanks in advance,

Brett

[/i]

If at first you do not succeed, skydiving is not for you!

If you mean on the Free Shipping and Payment Add-on v5.0 ...

If you read through the instructions, the /includes/modules/shipping files go in the catalog.

Them the language files /include/languages/english/modules/shipping files also go in the catalog.

The same for the payments

Next add the new code changes, Beyond Compare is handy if you have made additions or changes or if the version is slightly off.

Then, in Admin, you turn on the Free Shipping and Free Payment Modules.

The will only show based on the weight and order price where appropriate.

Is this all done in admin????? :? Linda it is obvious you are a brillant coder, I am a rank beginner and what is real obvious to all you smart coders is completely lost on us dumb ones.... :oops: I really need to get this free shipping installed with out breaking my cart. I have intalled all the modules in the proper place (I HOPE!!!) and just have to figure out exactly with no doubt were this code goes..... :shock:

Thank You for your patience.

:) Brett

FLAT_RATE : PERCENTAGE% > ORDER_AMOUNT

5.00 : 7.5% > 50.00

Payments:

/includes/modules/payment/freebies.php

Left and Right Radio Buttons feature is controlled by two definitions defined in:

/includes/languages/english/free_call_for_price.php:

/includes/languages/espanol/free_call_for_price.php:

/includes/languages/german/free_call_for_price.php:

// LEFT AND RIGHT RADIO BUTTONS

define('SHIPPING_BUTTONS_LEFT_ON','1'); // 1 is ON and 0 is OFF

define('PAYMENT_BUTTONS_LEFT_ON','1'); // 1 is ON and 0 is OFF

The other definitions are not really needed for this add-on but that file is part of the FREE CALL FOR PRICE add-on.

Add to the bottom of:

/includes/languages/english.php

/includes/languages/espanol.php

/includes/languages/german.php

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE-COMING SOON ETC.

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: DOWNLOAD CONTROLLER

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: SHIPPING LEFT RIGHT BUTTONS

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: PAYMENTS LEFT RIGHT BUTTONS

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . 'free_call_for_price.php');

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE-COMING SOON ETC.

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: DOWNLOAD CONTROLLER

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: SHIPPING LEFT RIGHT BUTTONS

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: PAYMENTS LEFT RIGHT BUTTONS

If at first you do not succeed, skydiving is not for you!

If you use the percentage shipping modules those are based on charging a Flat rate for cart $total is < $XX and charge a percentage rate when the cart $total is >= $XX

It is so if you want to charge $10 on the flat rate for orders under $75 and 10% on orders $75 or more ... use

10.00 : 10.00% > 75.00

flat_rate_to_charge space colon space percentage% space > order_total

Note there are no $ in there.

• 7 months later...

i have a problem using the freeshippingpayment 5.0, i get a error in admin>modules>payment it says: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class sample in /home/virtual/site20/fst/var/www/html/butik/catalog/includes/modules/payment/sample.php on line 13

and it has removed the possibility to install the different modules. Im using osCommerce 2.2-MS2. Any ideas?

Cheers.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello All,

I hope that I can get some help with this problem. I have installed all the download controller files v5.0 including free shipping and free payment except for the files which conflicted my other installed contributions, big images, authorize.net 1.8, and USPS 1.7, which are admin/orders.php, catalog/checkout_process.php I have gotten everything to work except for the download links do not show up in the check out success or the order history instead I get this error

1054 - Unknown column 'DOWNLOAD_AVAILABLE_DATE' in 'field list'

SELECT DATE_FORMAT(DOWNLOAD_AVAILABLE_DATE, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, op.products_name, opd.orders_products_download_id, opd.orders_products_filename, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays FROM orders o, orders_products op, orders_products_download opd WHERE customers_id = '2' AND o.orders_status >= DOWNLOADS_AVAILABLE_STATUS AND o.orders_id = '1001' AND op.orders_id = '1001' AND opd.orders_products_id=op.orders_products_id AND opd.orders_products_filename<>''

[TEP STOP]

I only installed the file that were new for this contribution because it seems that they were coded from MileStone 1 files and I wasn't going to overwrite the newer versions of the files included with MS2.2 which is what I am using.

Your time is much appreciated.

Christian

On your last day only you will have to approve or disaprove of how your life has been.

• 2 months later...
Hello All,

I hope that I can get some help with this problem. I have installed all the download controller files v5.0 including free shipping and free payment except for the files which conflicted my other installed contributions, big images, authorize.net 1.8, and USPS 1.7, which are admin/orders.php, catalog/checkout_process.php I have gotten everything to work except for the download links do not show up in the check out success or the order history instead I get this error

SELECT DATE_FORMAT(DOWNLOAD_AVAILABLE_DATE, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, op.products_name, opd.orders_products_download_id, opd.orders_products_filename, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays FROM orders o, orders_products op, orders_products_download opd WHERE customers_id = '2' AND o.orders_status >= DOWNLOADS_AVAILABLE_STATUS AND o.orders_id = '1001' AND op.orders_id = '1001' AND opd.orders_products_id=op.orders_products_id AND opd.orders_products_filename<>''

[TEP STOP]

I only installed the file that were new for this contribution because it seems that they were coded from MileStone 1 files and I wasn't going to overwrite the newer versions of the files included with MS2.2 which is what I am using.

Your time is much appreciated.

Christian

Did you ever get this problem solved. My downloads were working until we installed a contribution (Not sure which one) and since then we've been having the same problem:

SELECT DATE_FORMAT(DOWNLOAD_AVAILABLE_DATE, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, op.products_name, opd.orders_products_download_id, opd.orders_products_filename, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays FROM orders o, orders_products op, orders_products_download opd  WHERE customers_id = '2'  AND o.orders_status >= DOWNLOADS_AVAILABLE_STATUS  AND o.orders_id = '43'  AND op.orders_id = '43'  AND opd.orders_products_id=op.orders_products_id  AND opd.orders_products_filename<>''

[TEP STOP]