Sign in to follow this  
SamyT

eCheck Notifications Not Coming

I have one of the Devosc Pay Pal IPN modules installed and it's great unless I choose itemized and then weird bugs happen like $10.00 extra shipping or discount coupons no longer working.. BUT lately when someone pays by eCheck the information doesn't update.

The payment clears, we don't receive an e-mail from Pay Pal and the website just sits on PENDING forever. I have had a customer complain because her eCheck cleared days ago and no order process was sent, nothing changed.

I also recently had a case of an eCheck being cancelled by the customer and Pay Pal did not notify me or the site. It's lucky I didn't send the goods.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar and if so, what can we do about it?

I have the same problem also when someone uses a credit card. I think it might have something to do with the register globals.

"If your server has register globals off and you need to turn it on by using a custom php.ini file, you need to put that php.ini under the ext folder as well. IPN won't work if register globals turned off."

going to try setting them on but don't like it since I have everything working fine with globals off.

Seize the Night!

Handy Contrib:

RSS News v0.8 Scrolls news from an xml file in a infobox.

I have one of the Devosc Pay Pal IPN modules installed and it's great unless I choose itemized and then weird bugs happen like $10.00 extra shipping or discount coupons no longer working.. BUT lately when someone pays by eCheck the information doesn't update.

The payment clears, we don't receive an e-mail from Pay Pal and the website just sits on PENDING forever. I have had a customer complain because her eCheck cleared days ago and no order process was sent, nothing changed.

I also recently had a case of an eCheck being cancelled by the customer and Pay Pal did not notify me or the site. It's lucky I didn't send the goods.

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar and if so, what can we do about it?

I have a similar issue with an echeck I received from Germany, the echeck was pending at paypal with no order information, the customer doesnt show any orders in oscommerce, but does show an order total. The echeck had cleared and still not showing any information for the customers order in paypal or oscommerce. If I had not spoken to the customer myself, I would have never known what the customer ordered. any idea on this?

Edited by cannonballdex

Using Devosc's contribution I find that the order is not created until the echeck clears. It is however created eventually. The problem I find is that customers intend to pay by card but their card details may have changed.. So without the customer being aware Paypal create an echeck and a couple of weeks later the customer phones up to say 'Where's my stuff?' and yet the order is still uncleared on Paypal's site. My solution was to refuse to accept echecks. I wanted to accept ELV's but you cannot choose to accept one and not the other.