• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal not allowing sale to be confimed inside of paypal

girl

Hi,

I am really really hoping someone can help me, been searching for a while and I can't find the answer here or on paypal. It might be here but I missed it :(

I am trying to use the paypal module that comes with the OScommerece.

In admin I have entered my paypal address (which works and is a business account),

then some one buys a product, goes through to check out, get directed to paypal, puts their password in and is sent a page to confirm the sale.

This is where the problem occurs. Once they press enter they are told there is a problem with the sellers email address, and are then bounced back to the paypal page were they are to put in their password to get to the paypal sale confirmation page. No sale is registered in either my account nor the buyer.

-I have checked, double ckecked and copy and pasted the email address- so it should be right.

Now I am guessing I have not down something.

Do I need to activate something in paypal to use this paypal module that comes with OScommerece?

Or is just adding my email address to the admin/module/paypal enough?

cheers

No.

In case this is an issue.

when a request reaches Paypal it is logged on there server.

Call Paypal and they will let You know what the problem is.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I looked at paypal again and I am guessing here that I am trying to use The Payment Option: Standard Checkout. When I click on the installation guide I get this -

The Payment Option: Standard Checkout

Integration Guide is obsolete. For information

contained in earlier editions of this guide, see the

Website Payments Standard Integration Guide

Is this why the sale will not complete and buyer keeps getting bounced back to their login page?

I looked at my paypal.php file and I see this

function check() {
     if (!isset($this->_check)) {
       $check_query = tep_db_query("select configuration_value from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS'");
       $this->_check = tep_db_num_rows($check_query);
     }
     return $this->_check;
   }

function install() {
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Enable PayPal Module', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS', 'True', 'Do you want to accept PayPal payments?', '6', '3', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('E-Mail Address', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID', '[email protected]', 'The e-mail address to use for the PayPal service', '6', '4', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Transaction Currency', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY', 'Selected Currency', 'The currency to use for credit card transactions', '6', '6', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Selected Currency\',\'Only USD\',\'Only CAD\',\'Only EUR\',\'Only GBP\',\'Only JPY\'), ', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, date_added) values ('Sort order of display.', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER', '0', 'Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.', '6', '0', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, use_function, set_function, date_added) values ('Payment Zone', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE', '0', 'If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.', '6', '2', 'tep_get_zone_class_title', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_zone_classes(', now())");
     tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, use_function, date_added) values ('Set Order Status', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID', '0', 'Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_pull_down_order_statuses(', 'tep_get_order_status_name', now())");
   }

function remove() {
     tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " where configuration_key in ('" . implode("', '", $this->keys()) . "')");
   }

function keys() {
     return array('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_STATUS', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CURRENCY', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ZONE', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ORDER_STATUS_ID', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_SORT_ORDER');
   }
 }
?>

Do I have to do things to my database to get the paypal working?????

Just tidying up - I added Harald's module http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655 . Disabled the one that came with my OSc and I am able to make a live sale :)

Jehanne I am having the same problem you are/were. I cannot get the "PayPal Standard Payments" working. I note you cured this installing Harold's module. I would try that but I can't seem to figure out how to down load his module...... I think I'm going mad here..... how did you get hold of it?

Hi Dave,

here is the link to the module in contribtuions http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5655

If that does not work just go to contributions , payment modules, paypal and it be the PayPal Website Payments Standard and it was added on 11 Jan 2008

Contributions are found by going to OScommerece site http://www.oscommerce.com/ then menue bar - community - and in the drop down menue you see contributions just click there.

Hope that helps.

You should maybe also disable the old paypal via the admin/module/payment panel . I did that.

Edited by girl