• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Major Bug in RC2?

Micke

Thanks for the tip.

I got myself a brand new index.php from "Downloads".

That didn't work either... But then none of my osCommerce files do (like privacy.php for instance...)

I got the feeling that the files are restricted from reading somehow... maybe by something in application_top.php?

Something connected to spiders.txt gone berserk? (I took away the line "w3c_validator" from spiders.txt - but with no result)

//Micke

Ok, where did you get your RC2 from?

My application_top.php starts with

<?php

/*

$Id: application_top.php 1785 2008-01-10 15:07:07Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2008 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// start the timer for the page parse time log

define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting

error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

// check support for register_globals

if (function_exists('ini_get') && (ini_get('register_globals') == false) && (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) ) {

exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. Please use PHP 4.3+ if register_globals cannot be enabled on the server.');

}

// Set the local configuration parameters - mainly for developers

if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) include('includes/local/configure.php');

// include server parameters

require('includes/configure.php');

if (strlen(DB_SERVER) < 1) {

if (is_dir('install')) {

header('Location: install/index.php');

}

}

// define the project version

define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2');

Downloaded it from osCommerce last autumn...

My application_top.php starts with:

<?php
/*
 $Id: $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2007 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// start the timer for the page parse time log
 define('PAGE_PARSE_START_TIME', microtime());

// set the level of error reporting
 error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE);

// check support for register_globals
 if (function_exists('ini_get') && (ini_get('register_globals') == false) && (PHP_VERSION < 4.3) ) {
exit('Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory. Please use PHP 4.3+ if register_globals cannot be enabled on the server.');
 }

// Set the local configuration parameters - mainly for developers
 if (file_exists('includes/local/configure.php')) include('includes/local/configure.php');

// include server parameters
 require('includes/configure.php');

if (strlen(DB_SERVER) < 1) {
if (is_dir('install')) {
  header('Location: install/index.php');
}
 }

// define the project version
 define('PROJECT_VERSION', 'osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1');

I copied the page by saving a local copy. Then uploading it. Then testing it. It ain't rocket science ;)

Strangely, my own site (RC1) validates just fine. As does another site (RC1) that I just found.

I appreciate your effort!

But I believe...

...when you saved a local copy, MSIE or whatever browser you're using, saved the code to one static html-file with a separate resource package, right?

That's more an interpretation of the index page rather than the real thing - same result as if you'd use the "direct input" at "validator.w3.org" which works just fine...

I appreciate your effort!

But I believe...

...when you saved a local copy, MSIE or whatever browser you're using, saved the code to one static html-file with a separate resource package, right?

That's more an interpretation of the index page rather than the real thing - same result as if you'd use the "direct input" at "validator.w3.org" which works just fine...

Do you want to email me your index.php. Will test tomorrow night. Email address is in my profile.

Do you want to email me your index.php. Will test tomorrow night. Email address is in my profile.
The index.php file is now the same as the one you can download from the download page.

I could mail it to you but I don't think it will lead us anywhere...

But I did find an old MS2 on one of my disks!

I'll play with it for a couple of hours...

(put it in a subdirectory and try to make it work...)

I could not get the MS2 working... Maybe the database is not compatible or something. After patching "register globals off", all I got was blank screens.

Coopco, my index.php is in the mail in a few minutes...

By the way, try www.designen.se in this validator http://validator.aborla.net/

I'm sure you'll be surprised by the result.

//Micke

i have the same problem with ms2.

from what i gather, you have to convert a lot of files to xhtml for it to validate correctly. i haven't personally done it yet because my site is heavily modified and i have enough on my plate right now to go line by line editing it. i stated in another thread that i'll pay someone to do it for me. just PM me if you're interested.

• 1 year later...

Hi all

Apologies for tagging onto such an old thread but, if you have the same problem as the original poster (no content to validate) then you may care to check the following:

I was working on a site that previously had been getting indexed at Google when it started giving a validation error at the W3C. Loading a User Agent of GoogleBot into Firefox revealed that the site had the following above the header which, in a normal browser, could not be seen.

th_1260224745903.jpg

Reason for this was that there had been an injection of code into a fair few of the osC files before the first <?php that started so:

<? /**/eval(base64_decode('aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25fZXhp..... 

Once decoded this pointed to a file (outside of the osC folders but still on the same domain) that had the permissions set to 777 - inside that file was more base64 stuff that wrote out the HTMl to give the results in the above image. Whilst this extra HTML was being shown in a FireFox 'view source' as after the <body> tag it was obviously throwing the W3C (and Googlebot) off the scent.

All osC file and folder permissions were at least 644/755

May be of help to somebody

Hi all

Apologies for tagging onto such an old thread but, if you have the same problem as the original poster (no content to validate) then you may care to check the following:

I was working on a site that previously had been getting indexed at Google when it started giving a validation error at the W3C. Loading a User Agent of GoogleBot into Firefox revealed that the site had the following above the header which, in a normal browser, could not be seen.

th_1260224745903.jpg

Reason for this was that there had been an injection of code into a fair few of the osC files before the first <?php that started so:

<? /**/eval(base64_decode('aWYoZnVuY3Rpb25fZXhp..... 

Once decoded this pointed to a file (outside of the osC folders but still on the same domain) that had the permissions set to 777 - inside that file was more base64 stuff that wrote out the HTMl to give the results in the above image. Whilst this extra HTML was being shown in a FireFox 'view source' as after the <body> tag it was obviously throwing the W3C (and Googlebot) off the scent.

All osC file and folder permissions were at least 644/755

May be of help to somebody

Been there... done that

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived