• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eShipper (UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Trucking) Integration Module Support Forum

shimonp

I am not aware of "official" date for new contrib version, but the latest one works with current version of the eShipper API and I change it usually the very next day I am aware of any changes (or bugs)

The last version was rather stable since March (at least do not receive any complains any longer :) )

Shimon

Can we spare an official date for the new contrib version, I want to put it back online soon but the shipping module not working at this time :'(

And its a really great contrib B)

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello I am having problems with the module. I think I installed everything ok but when I try to test it it gives me "Unable to authenticate user

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact Formula X2 via ." or if I enable Live mode I get "No allowed quotes for this destination

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact Formula X2 via ." Even tried using the test login on the module page but that wasnt working either. The only thing I am waiting on is the API from eshipper I dont know if that is causing the problem or not can someone help

Send me eshipper.log to [email protected] and I"ll take a look. Did you get API credentials for Live mode (this is separate from web access)

Shimon

hello I am having problems with the module. I think I installed everything ok but when I try to test it it gives me "Unable to authenticate user

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact Formula X2 via ." or if I enable Live mode I get "No allowed quotes for this destination

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact Formula X2 via ." Even tried using the test login on the module page but that wasnt working either. The only thing I am waiting on is the API from eshipper I dont know if that is causing the problem or not can someone help

• 2 weeks later...

Hello;

Spent a good chunk of time trying to install this eshipper contribution tonight, still not completely setup. But getting close I believe :)

I am currently having trouble with the Multi-Product_Update_1_5 that comes packaged with this contribution. I am running this on a RC2a site and the product_updates.php does not see to want to work for me. The page loads in the admin, but without any of the products. Just see the columns and arrow images, but nothing listed.

So, for testing, I tried to download a newer version, 1.5e from the contributions. I knew it probably wouldn't work considering it has the dimensions from UPSXML contribution removed. But thought it would be worth a shot.

Well it actually got me further then I thought. It now came up with the new sort headings that was added as well as all the products were listed. But I think it may be causing problems elsewhere now.

If I go into the admin catalog and try to edit or add a new product, I get a warning (red bar across the top) saying No File Uploaded. Yet when I click update anyway, the new products still get added. But the dimensions don't seem to completely save. If I go back in the radio buttons for lbs and kg are newly selectable with no option highlighted as well as the size in inches or cm.

However if I go back into the multi product update section, it appears as if the weight took place as it is listed at the value I inputted. Cannot verify other values as it does not show the size or dimensions in the multi product update section, at least not with the new version.

Another thing I ran into was sql install did not create products_ready_to_ship table. Which originaly gave me a error on the multi product update page. I fixed this by downloaded the Canada Post Module and looking at its sql tables. I then entered this into the sql.

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_ready_to_ship` ENUM('0','1') NOT NULL default '0' after products_height;

Not sure what the products ready to ship does or if its even needed for the eshipper contribution, but the multi products wouldn't load without the table inserted. I did notice that references to it in the admin/categories.php were removed/ different then the canada post install.

Last but not least. I know that it says you have to request an eShipper API prior to installing this module, but I wonder why? I know the API will be needed to get this to work in a live shop, but can't this be installed and tested via a dummy account?

Thats all for now :)

Cheers

If I get you correctly, most of your troubles are with update products contribution.

To debug it (sorry, but it's virtually impossible to troubleshoot contribution on all possible versions of osCommerce :( ) simply disconnect action from writing anything to the database in php file and put echo statements (or, if you use debugger like Nusphere's one, simply use step-by-step debugging) to make sure sql statements reflect your database settings and configuration. RC2 had too many changes comparing to MS2 and we did not have guts to switch over to it.

When 3 is released out there, we'll adopt this contribution to v.3.

With regards to the API account, you may use test one provided with the cntribution - you don't have to request live account right away.

Multi-product update contribution is almost trivial and simply takes your input and updates database with populated values. Should not be too hard to fix for your particular situation. It will roughly take about an hour of your time to get original contribution that came with eShipper contribution, to fix for your configuration.

Regards,

Shimon

Hello;

Spent a good chunk of time trying to install this eshipper contribution tonight, still not completely setup. But getting close I believe :)

I am currently having trouble with the Multi-Product_Update_1_5 that comes packaged with this contribution. I am running this on a RC2a site and the product_updates.php does not see to want to work for me. The page loads in the admin, but without any of the products. Just see the columns and arrow images, but nothing listed.

So, for testing, I tried to download a newer version, 1.5e from the contributions. I knew it probably wouldn't work considering it has the dimensions from UPSXML contribution removed. But thought it would be worth a shot.

Well it actually got me further then I thought. It now came up with the new sort headings that was added as well as all the products were listed. But I think it may be causing problems elsewhere now.

If I go into the admin catalog and try to edit or add a new product, I get a warning (red bar across the top) saying No File Uploaded. Yet when I click update anyway, the new products still get added. But the dimensions don't seem to completely save. If I go back in the radio buttons for lbs and kg are newly selectable with no option highlighted as well as the size in inches or cm.

However if I go back into the multi product update section, it appears as if the weight took place as it is listed at the value I inputted. Cannot verify other values as it does not show the size or dimensions in the multi product update section, at least not with the new version.

Another thing I ran into was sql install did not create products_ready_to_ship table. Which originaly gave me a error on the multi product update page. I fixed this by downloaded the Canada Post Module and looking at its sql tables. I then entered this into the sql.

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_ready_to_ship` ENUM('0','1') NOT NULL default '0' after products_height;

Not sure what the products ready to ship does or if its even needed for the eshipper contribution, but the multi products wouldn't load without the table inserted. I did notice that references to it in the admin/categories.php were removed/ different then the canada post install.

Last but not least. I know that it says you have to request an eShipper API prior to installing this module, but I wonder why? I know the API will be needed to get this to work in a live shop, but can't this be installed and tested via a dummy account?

Thats all for now :)

Cheers

If I get you correctly, most of your troubles are with update products contribution.

To debug it (sorry, but it's virtually impossible to troubleshoot contribution on all possible versions of osCommerce :( ) simply disconnect action from writing anything to the database in php file and put echo statements (or, if you use debugger like Nusphere's one, simply use step-by-step debugging) to make sure sql statements reflect your database settings and configuration. RC2 had too many changes comparing to MS2 and we did not have guts to switch over to it.

When 3 is released out there, we'll adopt this contribution to v.3.

With regards to the API account, you may use test one provided with the cntribution - you don't have to request live account right away.

Multi-product update contribution is almost trivial and simply takes your input and updates database with populated values. Should not be too hard to fix for your particular situation. It will roughly take about an hour of your time to get original contribution that came with eShipper contribution, to fix for your configuration.

Regards,

Shimon

I not exactly sure where the problem lies, but I personaly suspect the update products contribution. As for RC2a, glad you told me this now, weeks into it.. lol. I figured I was best to start with the newest, if I was just starting. Maybe this was a bad mistake for a newbie! :) Granted I haven't had any problems until now, but I haven't installed a lot of contributions either. Hopefully this is not the way it will be from this point forward.. (Fingers Crossed!).

I am not sure I am the one to make this work with RC2a, but I will give it a shot none the less. I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit more on this process for the comment of yours, " simply disconnect action from writing anything to the database in php file and put echo statements to make sure sql statements reflect your database settings and configuration "

I have never really debugged php as of such. I have in a way, looking at code and figuring out where its calling from and manipulating from there, based on trial and error. I am looking at the Nusphere PHpEd software and will probably get it as it seems to be very powerful and will help me with future changes as well. But as of right now, I would like to understand the manual way you commented on first.

As for the test account, will this display quoted shipping values on the checkout shipping page? As of right now, I just get " Unable to authenticate user

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact websitename.com via." Will this display values when I get the contribution working correctly with the test account? if so, is this also a indication of another problem or could it still be linked to the Product update contribution?

Last but not least, in your step #1 instructions it calls for installation of admin\classes\xmldocument_ex.php This file is not included in the release under that directory. It is uploaded in catalog\includes\classes\xmldocument_ex.php Should it be in both directories or just one, and if so which one? Also I believe Includes folder should be added between admin\classes\ in your instructions.

Thats all for now.

Cheers

Here is support forum for eShipper Integration module (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5711) which currently supports quotes and shipping labels for UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Purolator and Trucking ways of shipments.

Clients get heavily discounted rates by innovative technology.

This about it this way: when you come to UPS and say: "I am going to ship 20 parcels a month, give me a quote" you'll get a quote pretty much close to the quote of the individual. Now eShipper comes to UPS and says: "I am going to have few millions of parcels a months. Give me a quote." This is where it becomes interesting. More of us use that service, better quotes we all get. Simple, but true!

I am not affiliated from business point of view with eShipper in any way, so do not think I am seeking huge profit from writing or promoting this integration module. I am not. Module is free, service is free. Rates are heavily discounted. Almost a Christmas gift :) Rarely, but wonders do happen in our life.

You may also write directly to my email [email protected] with your support questions.

I was interested at first because of the quote in bold.

Luckily, I went to their website and found this.

E-Shipper Sign Up Page

To take advantage of all the exclusive features of E-SHIPPER (including the low shipping rates), there is a one-time Signup Fee of $19.95. *

There are no other fees associated with E-SHIPPER. There are no other monthly charges or hidden fees whatsoever. You simply pay for your shipments as you use the service.

All shipments are charged to your credit card at the time of processing the shipments.

You should ask a moderator to let you change that first post. It might have been free when it was posted. Now, it is only misleading...

I was interested at first because of the quote in bold.

Luckily, I went to their website and found this.

E-Shipper Sign Up Page

You should ask a moderator to let you change that first post. It might have been free when it was posted. Now, it is only misleading...

Hi tyrant;

I haven't signed up as of yet either. Figured I would get it working first. However I have noticed a few links that get that setup fee waived. There is a link on the contribution page that will allow the fee to be waived. I believe it probably applies to affiliate accounts of that site, not sure tho.

The link is

http://www.e-shipper.com/obr

It was in the test account update in the contribution section.

Cheers

Hi tyrant;

I haven't signed up as of yet either. Figured I would get it working first. However I have noticed a few links that get that setup fee waived. There is a link on the contribution page that will allow the fee to be waived. I believe it probably applies to affiliate accounts of that site, not sure tho.

The link is

http://www.e-shipper.com/obr

It was in the test account update in the contribution section.

Cheers

The link you provided does waive the fee. After doing some research, OBR stands for Only Best Rated which is the name of the website owned by shimonp.

In the first post, shimonp states that he is not affiliated with eShipper in the bold.

Here is support forum for eShipper Integration module (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5711) which currently supports quotes and shipping labels for UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Purolator and Trucking ways of shipments.

Clients get heavily discounted rates by innovative technology.

This about it this way: when you come to UPS and say: "I am going to ship 20 parcels a month, give me a quote" you'll get a quote pretty much close to the quote of the individual. Now eShipper comes to UPS and says: "I am going to have few millions of parcels a months. Give me a quote." This is where it becomes interesting. More of us use that service, better quotes we all get. Simple, but true!

I am not affiliated from business point of view with eShipper in any way, so do not think I am seeking huge profit from writing or promoting this integration module. I am not. Module is free, service is free. Rates are heavily discounted. Almost a Christmas gift :) Rarely, but wonders do happen in our life.

You may also write directly to my email [email protected] with your support questions.

Information from the eShipper website seems to say something different.

e-Tailers

This leads me to think twice about trusting shimonp's intentions. Those are my two cents, and I have decided not to use eShipper.

Hrmm... that is interesting, hopefully he can shed more light on that.

Another thing I have found out from reading on redflagdeals is

Currently Canada Post is offered but only if you use e-order (warehousing with canada worldwide).

Didn't see that listed anywhere on the site. Wondered why it wouldn't give a Canada Post rate when doing a quote on the demo site. Thought because it may have been marketed towards americans.

Does anybody on this site use this service?

shimonp

I have the products_update.php fixed, at least it appears to be, everything in that section works as it should. Any ideas? Also should this module give a quote with test account on checkout_shipping?

Thanks

Still having problems with this contribution. I am using RC2a and had to do many things that are not in the instructions. I believe, I have most of them sorted out, but I cannot get any quotes at all using the test account listed on the contribution page. If live mode is false I get an Error 7:couldn't connect to host

If live mode is true, tells me I am not authorized.

I have e-mailed ShimonP and haven't heard anything from him, since his last post on here :(

Soon to give up and rollback my code to before this install, its really holding me up as I don't like to move forward on anything else, until each problem is solved. I still wondering if anybody here uses this service? I contacted eshipper and they told me that Canada Post is not part of there service as of now, but hope it will be implemented by the end of June. Right now Canada post is only available through them if you use there warehousing.

Cheers

Hi,

I am their customer just like you. I never said this version is compatible with RC2a (will osCommerce be ever released?!), but glad you did that far.

Did you check with eShipper if they have their test account enabled yet? Send the log file. I cannot comment much without looking at your log file.

Shimon

Still having problems with this contribution. I am using RC2a and had to do many things that are not in the instructions. I believe, I have most of them sorted out, but I cannot get any quotes at all using the test account listed on the contribution page. If live mode is false I get an Error 7:couldn't connect to host

If live mode is true, tells me I am not authorized.

I have e-mailed ShimonP and haven't heard anything from him, since his last post on here :(

Soon to give up and rollback my code to before this install, its really holding me up as I don't like to move forward on anything else, until each problem is solved. I still wondering if anybody here uses this service? I contacted eshipper and they told me that Canada Post is not part of there service as of now, but hope it will be implemented by the end of June. Right now Canada post is only available through them if you use there warehousing.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am their customer just like you. I never said this version is compatible with RC2a (will osCommerce be ever released?!), but glad you did that far.

Did you check with eShipper if they have their test account enabled yet? Send the log file. I cannot comment much without looking at your log file.

Shimon

Hi Shimonp

First, I would like to say, I never said or wanted to imply you said this was Rc2a compatible, I just stated that for others if they are viewing this post so that they know its not and what could be involved.

As of today I am rolling back my site without this installed. This has really put me behind, but I was really looking forward to using this service. I tried debugging with nusphere, installing xamp to make it work correctly. I manually tried to work with the code and I just could not get this working. I contacted the eshipper and was forwarded to a support tech, I got some response, but could not get it to work, it was troublesome to work with them as it would take a day for reply from them. Yes the test account should be working based on correspondence with the tech. I tried my best and then some and after weeks at it, I am done. I really wish I could have gotten it working, but I cannot. I am off to try another service, maybe just canada post.

Thanks for you help. You will most likely see me back once this is ready for either Rc2a or 3.0

Cheers

Honestly, this code is well encapsulated and should work with any version of osCommerce.

I asked you to send me eShipper log files, but you never did that. Without looking at log files it's hard to say where it fails for you, but I believe you've been inches close to make it work. I doubt Canada Post contribution will be easier to install, but I may be I am wrong.

Shimon

Hi Shimonp

First, I would like to say, I never said or wanted to imply you said this was Rc2a compatible, I just stated that for others if they are viewing this post so that they know its not and what could be involved.

As of today I am rolling back my site without this installed. This has really put me behind, but I was really looking forward to using this service. I tried debugging with nusphere, installing xamp to make it work correctly. I manually tried to work with the code and I just could not get this working. I contacted the eshipper and was forwarded to a support tech, I got some response, but could not get it to work, it was troublesome to work with them as it would take a day for reply from them. Yes the test account should be working based on correspondence with the tech. I tried my best and then some and after weeks at it, I am done. I really wish I could have gotten it working, but I cannot. I am off to try another service, maybe just canada post.

Thanks for you help. You will most likely see me back once this is ready for either Rc2a or 3.0

Cheers

After many weeks of hard work, now its done and I can use PackingUPSStyle.php instead of packing single box, but just a little problem remaining I can't get a Quote from Purolator

I know if I use postal code like j3L4X2 instead of J3L4X2, some shipper will not reply. now I know some of us are case sensitive and its true for the province too QC is not the same thing as Qc for some shippers.

But for the moment I just want to dyscover what Purolator need in plus to give me a Quote. :blink:

This is a part of my log file for a big order of 5 products ready to ship and 10 boxed products in 5 box , can you see there if something is wrong. All shippers reply but never Purolator. <_<

Thx

LOGFILE:

Jun-24-08 23:36:14 ------------------------------------------

Jun-24-08 23:36:14 URL: http://66.11.66.100:8080/eshipper/rpc2

Jun-24-08 23:36:14 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/XMLSchema" username="myusername" password="mypassword">

<QuoteRequest>

<From id="0" company="Reparation Vezina" address1="850 Simard" address2="" city="Chambly" state="QC" country="CA" zip="J3L4X2" residential="true"/>

<To company="PcWebExpert" address1="1840 Migneault" address2="" city="Chambly" state="QC" country="CA" zip="J3L2J6" residential="true"/>

<Packages type="Package">

<Package length="9" width="8" height="7" weight="10" insuranceAmount="12.25"/>

<Package length="24" width="12" height="12" weight="40" insuranceAmount="219.98"/>

<Package length="24" width="12" height="12" weight="40" insuranceAmount="219.98"/>

</Packages>

</QuoteRequest>

</EShipper>

Jun-24-08 23:36:19 RESPONSE: <EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/xml/XMLSchema">

<QuoteReply>

<Quote carrierId="3" carrierName="EShipper" serviceId="14" serviceName="Same Day" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="0.0" fuelSurcharge="0.0" totalCharge="0.0">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="1" carrierName="Federal Express" serviceId="1" serviceName="Priority" modeTransport="null" transitDays="1" baseCharge="68.24999566674228" fuelSurcharge="19.10999992728233" totalCharge="98.36">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="11.0" />

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="503" serviceName="Regular" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="94.7400000064075" fuelSurcharge="9.47400000064075" totalCharge="113.5">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="9.289199686050415" />

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="502" serviceName="Expedited" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="94.7400000064075" fuelSurcharge="9.47400000064075" totalCharge="113.5">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="501" serviceName="Xpress Post" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="99.53999830171466" fuelSurcharge="9.953999830171465" totalCharge="118.78">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="500" serviceName=" Priority Courier" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="138.84000240474938" fuelSurcharge="13.884000240474938" totalCharge="162.01">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="6" carrierName="UPS" serviceId="604" serviceName="Standard" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="212.41809349173587" fuelSurcharge="10.620904674586793" totalCharge="234.07">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="11.030924072265625" />

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="1" carrierName="Federal Express" serviceId="3" serviceName="Ground" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="129.09000515103344" fuelSurcharge="0.0" totalCharge="252.29">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="121.0" />

<Surcharge id="null" name="Residential Delivery" amount="2.200000047683716" />

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="6" carrierName="UPS" serviceId="601" serviceName="Expedited" modeTransport="null" transitDays="1" baseCharge="209.11073050401754" fuelSurcharge="34.5032705331629" totalCharge="254.64">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="6" carrierName="UPS" serviceId="600" serviceName="Express" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="247.18111693219566" fuelSurcharge="40.78488429381228" totalCharge="299.0">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="3" carrierName="EShipper" serviceId="16" serviceName="Air Freight" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="747.5000038743019" fuelSurcharge="89.70000046491623" totalCharge="837.2">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="1" carrierName="Federal Express" serviceId="31" serviceName="Intl Priority Freight" modeTransport="null" transitDays="1" baseCharge="3322.0" fuelSurcharge="930.1599731445311" totalCharge="4274.16">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="22.0" />

</Quote>

</QuoteReply>

</EShipper>

Not all services available to all destinations. That's the reason we keep Canada Post on our list (though honestly dislike their horrible service)

You should only suspect a problem when Canada Post is unavailable. Also, unfortunately, eShipper does not provide good exception handling.

If you want to know _exactly_ why purolator is unavailable, try two things:

1) Try this quote in web interface

2) Try to contact eShipper technical support, explain them situation and ask to run some tests. Internally, they have more information than they pass back to us :(

Shimon

After many weeks of hard work, now its done and I can use PackingUPSStyle.php instead of packing single box, but just a little problem remaining I can't get a Quote from Purolator

I know if I use postal code like j3L4X2 instead of J3L4X2, some shipper will not reply. now I know some of us are case sensitive and its true for the province too QC is not the same thing as Qc for some shippers.

But for the moment I just want to dyscover what Purolator need in plus to give me a Quote. :blink:

This is a part of my log file for a big order of 5 products ready to ship and 10 boxed products in 5 box , can you see there if something is wrong. All shippers reply but never Purolator. <_<

Thx

LOGFILE:

Jun-24-08 23:36:14 ------------------------------------------

Jun-24-08 23:36:14 URL: http://66.11.66.100:8080/eshipper/rpc2

Jun-24-08 23:36:14 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/XMLSchema" username="myusername" password="mypassword">

<QuoteRequest>

<From id="0" company="Reparation Vezina" address1="850 Simard" address2="" city="Chambly" state="QC" country="CA" zip="J3L4X2" residential="true"/>

<To company="PcWebExpert" address1="1840 Migneault" address2="" city="Chambly" state="QC" country="CA" zip="J3L2J6" residential="true"/>

<Packages type="Package">

</Packages>

</QuoteRequest>

</EShipper>

Jun-24-08 23:36:19 RESPONSE: <EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/xml/XMLSchema">

<QuoteReply>

<Quote carrierId="3" carrierName="EShipper" serviceId="14" serviceName="Same Day" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="0.0" fuelSurcharge="0.0" totalCharge="0.0">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="1" carrierName="Federal Express" serviceId="1" serviceName="Priority" modeTransport="null" transitDays="1" baseCharge="68.24999566674228" fuelSurcharge="19.10999992728233" totalCharge="98.36">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="11.0" />

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="503" serviceName="Regular" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="94.7400000064075" fuelSurcharge="9.47400000064075" totalCharge="113.5">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="502" serviceName="Expedited" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="94.7400000064075" fuelSurcharge="9.47400000064075" totalCharge="113.5">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="501" serviceName="Xpress Post" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="99.53999830171466" fuelSurcharge="9.953999830171465" totalCharge="118.78">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="5" carrierName="Canada Post" serviceId="500" serviceName=" Priority Courier" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="138.84000240474938" fuelSurcharge="13.884000240474938" totalCharge="162.01">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="6" carrierName="UPS" serviceId="604" serviceName="Standard" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="212.41809349173587" fuelSurcharge="10.620904674586793" totalCharge="234.07">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="1" carrierName="Federal Express" serviceId="3" serviceName="Ground" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="129.09000515103344" fuelSurcharge="0.0" totalCharge="252.29">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="121.0" />

<Surcharge id="null" name="Residential Delivery" amount="2.200000047683716" />

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="6" carrierName="UPS" serviceId="601" serviceName="Expedited" modeTransport="null" transitDays="1" baseCharge="209.11073050401754" fuelSurcharge="34.5032705331629" totalCharge="254.64">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="6" carrierName="UPS" serviceId="600" serviceName="Express" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="247.18111693219566" fuelSurcharge="40.78488429381228" totalCharge="299.0">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="3" carrierName="EShipper" serviceId="16" serviceName="Air Freight" modeTransport="null" transitDays="0" baseCharge="747.5000038743019" fuelSurcharge="89.70000046491623" totalCharge="837.2">

</Quote>

<Quote carrierId="1" carrierName="Federal Express" serviceId="31" serviceName="Intl Priority Freight" modeTransport="null" transitDays="1" baseCharge="3322.0" fuelSurcharge="930.1599731445311" totalCharge="4274.16">

<Surcharge id="null" name="Insurance" amount="22.0" />

</Quote>

</QuoteReply>

</EShipper>

If I try to use Export Eshipper in Admin menu I get an error message code like this, any idea on what is that or why this kind of error code occur?

error code:

Orders shipped through E-Shipper

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_products() on a non-object in /home/pcweb/public_html/includes/classes/PackingUPSStyle.php on line 133

Thx

This means you somehow managed to loose cart object. Never seen or heard anything like this.

In what scenario did you get this error message? What's your configuration? What version of osC are you using?

Shimon

If I try to use Export Eshipper in Admin menu I get an error message code like this, any idea on what is that or why this kind of error code occur?

error code:

Orders shipped through E-Shipper

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_products() on a non-object in /home/pcweb/public_html/includes/classes/PackingUPSStyle.php on line 133

Thx

For some reason, its not sending the dimensions to eShipper. I've looked at the codes and instructions for I don't know how many times. But it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone else have this issue?

For my part I have do the same thing as you, but if you download last release of osCommerce and you install this module this will not work you have to manually add code and change some part, for me i change my product arrays in cart php file after the intstall to add the dimension and weight asking to the DB because this lines was missing.

and I found this in estimated_shipping_functions.php :

if (strtolower($country) == '38' && (strtolower ($eststate) == 'on' || strtolower($eststate) == 'ontario')) {

//$quotes[] = array('module' => 'Local Pickup',

'methods' => array(array('id' => 'local pickup',

'title' => '<a href="http://www.onlybestrated.com/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=9" target="_blank"><font color="blue"><u>Local Pickup. Open 24 hours a day 7 days a week.</u></font></a>',

'cost' => 0.0)));

remove it if your store is not in Ontario or change it to fit your province to offer local pick-up at store

and the work is no finish for me i got an Error: call to an non-object when i want to print the label in Export eShipper in Admin Panel, good luck the big part of the job is already done by Shimon but you have to work too in your code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I've tried to install this module twice, and both times I failed miserably. I get about 65 different errors once I try to run it.

Here are the errors I get when trying to run the admin section of the store.

Warning: include(includes/functions/refund_functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1548

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/refund_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1548

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1548) in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1548) in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1548) in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 185

I'm really confused by the instructions, I find them too vague, and I think my problem is in the merging of files. I don't know what I'm supposed to merge. There are many many differences between my source files and the ones included with the e-shipper module. Many of the differences consist of additional code that is not in the e-shipper files. Am I supposed to delete what I have extra? Or keep it and only add what is missing?

Also, in the install instructions there are referrences to files that are not even included in the .zip archive.

I'm experienced with PHP and HTML and can make changes to my online store easily, but this just seems so confusing for some reason, there's stuff all over!

Can anyone help?

First of don't panic. Panic mode raises your adrenaline, but does not get you closer to the target.

Secondly, there is always good idea to ask _before_ you install the module if you are confused. Installing it twice does not make any sense to me if you failed the very first time.

Now, to the point. osCommerce is heavily overloaded with various modules and contributions. More you add to the store, more difficult it becomes to maintain.

The files that are explicitly said "for the reference" (and where you are mostly confused) are just like that: for the reference. Add missing stuff, but do not add whatever you already have.

Most people practice here minimalistic "try and error" approach, i.e. installing basic files (new ones) and then watching what is missing following by the errors.

Never ever overwrite your own files with those from contributions.

Now, the question to you: are you using RMA contribution (this is where refund_functions are coming from) or not? If not, most likely you simply overwrote your own general.php with my version, which, as I said, you should not do. Revert to your original version and see what errors do you get. This contribution does not use RMA contribution and does not mention it anywhere. Thus, include to RMA contribution does not come from me.

Shimon

Hey guys,

I've tried to install this module twice, and both times I failed miserably. I get about 65 different errors once I try to run it.

Here are the errors I get when trying to run the admin section of the store.

Warning: include(includes/functions/refund_functions.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1548

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/refund_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php52/pear') in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 1548

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1548) in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1548) in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 102

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1548) in /home/agtronic/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 185

I'm really confused by the instructions, I find them too vague, and I think my problem is in the merging of files. I don't know what I'm supposed to merge. There are many many differences between my source files and the ones included with the e-shipper module. Many of the differences consist of additional code that is not in the e-shipper files. Am I supposed to delete what I have extra? Or keep it and only add what is missing?

Also, in the install instructions there are referrences to files that are not even included in the .zip archive.

I'm experienced with PHP and HTML and can make changes to my online store easily, but this just seems so confusing for some reason, there's stuff all over!

Can anyone help?

Please don't take offence to my post. I have ADD and have great difficulty concentrating. For this reason, the first time I installed it, I assumed that it was a mistake I made or a step I didn't complete.

I don't know what an RMA is. I have the regular version of OSCommerce, and have never added any modules or contributions before this one. Only the multi update one that is included with this contribution.

I have restored by back up, and will try again tomorrow, with a lot of coffee in my system.

Thanks for your time!

From now on, please contat me directly at [email protected]. There is no need to insult other forum members :)

Which "regular" version did you install? Some people reported it is not compatible with RC1 of osCommerce (we are using MS2 and patiently waiting for last 3 years for the thing to be released. osCommerce project seems to be like "neverland")

If you are using RC1, I might not be able to help much. Otherwise, the install should be easy and straightforward.

RMA is an amazing simple (non-destructive!) contribution that allows for the customers to fill RMA form (return manufacturer (or materials?) authorization)

If you ever wondered how to ask customers politely to return stuff back to you, that's the way to go.

Before the install please make sure you store is working as expected to avoid blaming this contribution for existing problems.

Then, add contribution (new stuff only!) and report to me any missing stuff/error messages as you update existing files (e.g. general.php)

I strongly suggest confirm with me every step before you implement it. Will make your life much easier.

Shimon <[email protected]>

Please don't take offence to my post. I have ADD and have great difficulty concentrating. For this reason, the first time I installed it, I assumed that it was a mistake I made or a step I didn't complete.

I don't know what an RMA is. I have the regular version of OSCommerce, and have never added any modules or contributions before this one. Only the multi update one that is included with this contribution.

I have restored by back up, and will try again tomorrow, with a lot of coffee in my system.

Thanks for your time!