• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eShipper (UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Trucking) Integration Module Support Forum

shimonp

Believe it or not, I had two days of vacation, hence delay with answer (I do not compete with computer in speed of answer)

Yes, you do need account with eShipper (but only one, no API account is needed anymore) as comparing to individual account for each type of service (e.g. Fedex, UPS, Canada Post, DHL etc.) you would need otherwise.

Shimon

Do we need account with eShipper? I have fedex/dhl corporate account. Shimonp, I have sent you an email and pm, please check. Thanks

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it or not, I had two days of vacation, hence delay with answer (I do not compete with computer in speed of answer)

Yes, you do need account with eShipper (but only one, no API account is needed anymore) as comparing to individual account for each type of service (e.g. Fedex, UPS, Canada Post, DHL etc.) you would need otherwise.

Shimon

Any website to refer eshipper?

what cost to open an account? Any fees involve?

Since I have fedex and dhl corporate account myself, will it conflict with eshipper?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance on integrating this entirely within osCommerce Admin, so that labels can be generated single/bulk through the orders section, and keep a listing of tracking numbers within the orders, instead of having to export to eshipper, process labels, etc.

It is integrated with Admin. Export to eShipper actually means generating labels from Admin and returning results into nicely formatted table back to Admin.

you are not leaving Admin of osCommerce to generate and print labels, custom invoices or tracking numbers.

However, if you left that table, there is no way to generate it again (at least I do not re-create it, so it's simple task)

Shimon ([email protected])

Any chance on integrating this entirely within osCommerce Admin, so that labels can be generated single/bulk through the orders section, and keep a listing of tracking numbers within the orders, instead of having to export to eshipper, process labels, etc.

• 1 month later...

Does it support USPS (US Postal Service)? Also can you use your fedex account # to get your custom rates and ship on or do you have to use eshippers account?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

• 2 weeks later...

nvm I am stupid I didn't realise it created them at install however for those noobs around YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE FIELD 'set_function' from configuration from varchar(255) to TEXT in order to fit all the info into the field...

however I do get the Unable to authenticate user error (see log file below) :

Note that my MYUSERNAMEHERE is my valid eshipper username and MYPASSWORDHERE also...

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 URL: http://66.11.66.100:8080/eshipper/rpc2

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/XMLSchema" username="MYUSERNAMEHERE" password="MYPASSWORDHERE">
<QuoteRequest>
<From id="0" company="Mad-Cell.com" address1="1168 Ste-Catherine O." address2="Suite 103" city="Montreal" state="QC" country="CA" zip="H3B1K1" residential="true"/>
<To  company="FuturWeb.Net Inc" address1="3571 Charron" address2="" city="Laval" state="QC" country="CA" zip="H7E5b1" residential="true"/>
<Packages type="Package">
<Package length="0" width="0" height="0" weight="469" insuranceAmount="4008.97"/>
</Packages>
</QuoteRequest>
</EShipper>

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 RESPONSE: <EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/xml/XMLSchema">
<ErrorReply>
<Error Message="Unable to authenticate user"/>
</ErrorReply>
</EShipper>

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Parsing XML file...
Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Parsed new data element:

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Something wrong happened
Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Error reported by the server: Unable to authenticate user

any help?

nvm I am stupid I didn't realise it created them at install however for those noobs around YOU HAVE TO CHANGE THE FIELD 'set_function' from configuration from varchar(255) to TEXT in order to fit all the info into the field...

however I do get the Unable to authenticate user error (see log file below) :

Note that my MYUSERNAMEHERE is my valid eshipper username and MYPASSWORDHERE also...

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 URL: http://66.11.66.100:8080/eshipper/rpc2

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>
<EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/XMLSchema" username="MYUSERNAMEHERE" password="MYPASSWORDHERE">
<QuoteRequest>
<From id="0" company="Mad-Cell.com" address1="1168 Ste-Catherine O." address2="Suite 103" city="Montreal" state="QC" country="CA" zip="H3B1K1" residential="true"/>
<To  company="FuturWeb.Net Inc" address1="3571 Charron" address2="" city="Laval" state="QC" country="CA" zip="H7E5b1" residential="true"/>
<Packages type="Package">
<Package length="0" width="0" height="0" weight="469" insuranceAmount="4008.97"/>
</Packages>
</QuoteRequest>
</EShipper>

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 RESPONSE: <EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/xml/XMLSchema">
<ErrorReply>
<Error Message="Unable to authenticate user"/>
</ErrorReply>
</EShipper>

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Parsing XML file...

Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Something wrong happened
Sep-26-08 17:57:11 Error reported by the server: Unable to authenticate user

any help?

• 2 months later...

It would be nice if eShipper provided the transit time for each shipping method (the one in the XML looks wrong). I had to do a hack to use the UPSXML class (from the UPS contribution) to request transit times from UPS directly and insert them into rates returned by eShipper...

Hi Shimon,

I'd really like to install your contribution on my server (RC2.2a on a Linux box) but I'm having a hard time getting it to work. I've gone ahead with the installation but all I managed was to srew up my server (restored from backup). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but hopefully you can help me or at least point me in the right direction.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) Installed the Estimanted shipping contribution

2) Installed Multi-Product Update using the packge included in your contribution

* when going to the admin panel here's what I get (I understand this is not your contribution)

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_ready_to_ship' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_weight, p.products_weight_type, p.products_length, p.products_width, p.products_height, p.products_dim_type, p.products_ready_to_ship, p.products_hs_code, p.products_price, p.products_model, pd.products_name, m.manufacturers_id, m.manufacturers_name from products p, products_description pd, manufacturers m where p.products_status = 1 and p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and pd.language_id = 1 group by pd.products_name order by p.products_quantity

* am I supposed to run some sort of sql script to create the tables? I did run the sql script included with your contribution but that didn't help.

3) started the install of your contribution but I'm a little confused with the instructions at step 1

"Copy only new files mentioned below to corresponding location in your osCommerce store. Be careful not to blind copy all files in one shot to save your time. Some files, such as filenames.php are provided only as a reference for your convenience.

Copy all files from catalog folder to the same locations in your osC store (this is the only folder you may blind copy without second thought)

admin\eshipper_export.php

admin\classes\customs.php

admin\classes\eshipper_shipment.php

admin\classes\xmldocument_ex.php

admin\classes\shipping_request_builder.php

admin\languages\english\eshipper_export.php

admin\languages\english\eshipper_shipment.php"

* the path to my classes is admin/includes/classes and in your package there is no xmldocument_ex.php (I found one under \catalog\includes\classes in the zip file)

- am I supposed to create a new directory called classes? If not is it OK to copy the files in admin/includes/classes?

Do you think my issues are related to the fact that Multi-Product Update is not working well?

Sorry for the long post but hopefully your answer will help not only me but other people in a smilar situation.

Thanks for taking the time to write this contribution and for sharing it with us.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

This is to help Dan out:

In my notes I have the following:

# --- Missing ready_to_ship from eShipper v2.4. UPS_XML contribution?

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD products_ready_to_ship INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `products_dim_type`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_hs_code` VARCHAR(13) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `products_dim_type`;

the classes directory in the package is shortened and should go into the existing classes. I have the following path for the missing file catalog/includes/classes/xmldocument_ex.php

Missing text definitions for package dimensions/weight in admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

Bundled Mult-Product Update had missing products_ready_to_ship field in products table from UPS XML Rates and Services v1.0 contribution (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1323, http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49382).

// eShipper Beg

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_WEIGHT_TYPE', 'Unit of Weight');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_DIM_TYPE', 'Unit of Dimensions');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_LENGTH', 'Dimensional Length');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_WIDTH', 'Dimensional Width');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEIGHT', 'Dimensional Height');

// eShipper End

Integrated Multi-Product_Update_1_5e $search and $listing fixes.

Help my dump helps you! Check out www.infantstart.com after Jan. 15th 2009 for baby products!

Hey Benjamin, thanks a lot for your info.

I actualy installed the Automated Labels and Canada Post contribution and that fixed my problem with the Multi-product Update contribution. The funny thing is that even after I run the SQL srcipt that came with the Canada Post contrib my database was still not updated so I took a look at the script and re-run only to insert portion for products_ready_to_ship. I think I have the eShipper contribution running now but for some reason I don't have an option to select the shipping methods.

I've been in contact with Shimon (Shimon, if you are reading this: THANKS again for your help) and he's given me some pointers.

At this point the problem is with the value in set_funtion, in the instructions it says to change it to text from var(255) (I think) so I guess when I installed the contribution I didn't change the type in time and I ended up with only the first 255 charactes of the function.

I looked at the file where the funtion comes from and tried to update the value again but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

If anyone can post what they have in set_function for configuration_key for MODULE_SHIPPING_ESHIPPER_TYPES that would be greatly appreciated.

This is what I have, which I think is incomplete or wrong:

tep_cfg_select_multioption(" . "array('FedEx Priority', 'FedEx First Overnight, 'FedEx Ground', 'FedEx Standard Overnight', 'FedEx 2nd Day', 'Purolator Air', 'Purolator Air 9AM', 'Purolator Air 1030', 'Puroletter', 'Puroletter 9AM', 'Puroletter 1030', 'PuroPak', 'PuroPak 9AM', 'PuroPak 1030', 'Purolator Ground', 'Canada Worldwide Same Day', 'Canada Worldwide Next Flight Out', 'Canada Worldwide Air Freight', 'Canada Worldwide LTL', 'DHL Express', 'DHL Express 10:30AM', 'DHL Express Saturday', 'DHL Express Second Day', 'DHL Next Afternoon', 'DHL Ground', 'DHL International Express', 'UPS Express', 'UPS Expedited', 'UPS Worldwide Express', 'UPS Worldwide Expedited', 'UPS Standard (Ground)', 'UPS Express Early A.M.',

'UPS Three-Day Select', 'UPS Saver', 'Canada Post Priority', 'Canada Post Xpress Post', 'Canada Post Expedited', 'Canada Post Regular', 'Canada Post Xpress Post USA', 'Canada Post Xpress Post INTL', 'Canada Post Air Parcel INTL', 'Canada Post Surface Parcel INTL', 'Canada Post Expedited Parcel USA'), ', now())

Dan

PS Benjamin, your site looks great.

how does eshipper work? (will the ups store bite my head off when i try to drop off a parcel i transacted through eshipper.com?) :)

if everyone that uses ups, dhl, etc. went through eshipper wouldn't these shipping companies be losing money?

• 3 weeks later...

is there a way to add eshipper stuff to the admin-side only? (ie. when i need to ship an order via ups, i click a button and the customer's shipping address is passed to the first page of parcel entry)

the contribution offered here seems a bit overkill to me, as i only need the buyer's address passed to eshipper each time i do an order.

is there a way to add eshipper stuff to the admin-side only? (ie. when i need to ship an order via ups, i click a button and the customer's shipping address is passed to the first page of parcel entry)
Yes, I have done that for my backend as I prefer shipping each order separately at a click of a button instead of the multiple-shipping method included in this mod by default. I can ship any order using eShipper from the admin interface and it gives me shipping methods with price quotes in a drop-down list. It would take some time to clean it up and write instructions, though... (I also have hacks to use the UPSXML module for proper transit time estimates for the UPS methods, since eShipper cannot do it directly.)
the contribution offered here seems a bit overkill to me, as i only need the buyer's address passed to eshipper each time i do an order.
The front-end is usually needed to quote your customers the correct shipping price. How else are you going to do that? Edited by natrium42

i combine canada post rates & eshipper into 1 shipping selection. i don't give them the option to ship ups or fedex, because often times they order things that say "not in stock, but can be within 3 business days" ... if they pick fedex, they expect that parcel to be on their door the next day, even though they purchased stuff i didn't have!

so they automatically get the cheapest shipping rate available for their order, and i ship it via eshipper at my discretion.

i don't want to invoice my eshipper packages through my backend, i prefer e-shipper's... i just want to pass the customer's shipping info to their website & do everything else on eshipper's website. typing the customer's delivery address is a pain in the butt if there's a stack of them waiting to go.

Here's a screenshot of the shipping interface. Each order has a "Ship via eShipper" button regardless of the type of shipping the customer has selected. But it automatically pre-selects the customer's choice in the selection list. The selection list shows the exact price for each shipping method.

When ship button is clicked, everything is sent to eShipper and a label is returned & saved

eshipper-screenshot.png

Edited by natrium42

• 1 month later...

I have a question I just got a guy that bought a product. After he bought the product though I went to eshipper to get the labels for it but there is no orders for him there. Its been a while since I had a order but does eshipper module send the invoice to eshipper automatically or do you need to create those labels manually.

I have a question I just got a guy that bought a product. After he bought the product though I went to eshipper to get the labels for it but there is no orders for him there. Its been a while since I had a order but does eshipper module send the invoice to eshipper automatically or do you need to create those labels manually.

Never mind i figured it out

ok now i have another question. When exporting out using the Export to EShipper I am getting the following error message

Warning: fopen(/home/intern20/public_html/formulax2.com/home/intern20/public_html/formulax2.com/shiporders_documentation/order_17.pdf) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/intern20/public_html/formulax2.com/admin/includes/classes/eshipper_shipment.php on line 230

The shipping information still goes through to eshipper fine and I am able to create a label is just I get that message

GRRR ok now i found another problem. My cousin just called me and said that the label is showing overnight, I was like what are you talking about it was ground fedex shipping. I check my oscommerce admin page and he order fedex ground for $14 however when I went to eshipper it says that the same order is $44 and its for overnight. I was able to edit the order but I dont want to have to do this to all the orders can someone help me