• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eShipper (UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Trucking) Integration Module Support Forum

shimonp

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need a separate set of credentials if you read the latest message in the contribution. From now on, the web account is also API account.

Shimon

Hey, I am trying to get API access and have sent you 2 emails with no response. I am trying to finish a site for a client.

Hello,

I am trying to get this to work on an RC1 version, I have the same problem as the other people, can't authenticate user in live mode with the following log:

Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Parsing XML file...
Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Parsed new data element:

Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Something wrong happened
Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Error reported by the server: Unable to authenticate user

When live mode is disabled I get "Error 7:couldn't connect to host" with log of:

Jul-18-08 16:42:36 RESPONSE: curl error# error description: couldn't connect to host

Jul-18-08 16:42:36 RESPONSE: 

Any thoughts on what in RC1 may be causing this?

eShipper.log please. You can send it directly to myself ([email protected]) or post here (just remove password part)

You can also contact eShipper directly - they are huge and have their own software department.

Shimon

Hello,

I am trying to get this to work on an RC1 version, I have the same problem as the other people, can't authenticate user in live mode with the following log:

Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Parsing XML file...

Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Something wrong happened
Jul-18-08 16:38:30 Error reported by the server: Unable to authenticate user

When live mode is disabled I get "Error 7:couldn't connect to host" with log of:

Jul-18-08 16:42:36 RESPONSE: curl error# error description: couldn't connect to host

Jul-18-08 16:42:36 RESPONSE: 

Any thoughts on what in RC1 may be causing this?

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I will try giving the people at eShipper an email. Anyways, here is my log below, one attempt at both live and not live:

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 ------------------------------------------

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 URL: http://www.e-shipper.net:80/rpc2

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/XMLSchema" username="sysconet" password="1234">

<QuoteRequest>

<From id="1" company="Future Shop" address1="1565B Upper James Street" address2="" city="Hamilton" state="ON" country="CA" zip="L9B1K2" residential="true"/>

<To company="Future Shop" address1="1565B Upper James Street" address2="" city="Hamilton" state="ON" country="CA" zip="L9B1K2" residential="true"/>

<Packages type="Package">

<Package length="1" width="1" height="3" weight="2" insuranceAmount="11.28"/>

</Packages>

</QuoteRequest>

</EShipper>

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 RESPONSE: <EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/xml/XMLSchema">

<ErrorReply>

<Error Message="Unable to authenticate user"/>

</ErrorReply>

</EShipper>

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Parsing XML file...

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Parsed new data element:

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Something wrong happened

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Error reported by the server: Unable to authenticate user

Jul-18-08 21:03:58 ------------------------------------------

Jul-18-08 21:03:58 URL: http://66.11.66.100:8080/eshipper/rpc2

Jul-18-08 21:03:58 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/XMLSchema" username="sysconet" password="1234">

<QuoteRequest>

<From id="1" company="Future Shop" address1="1565B Upper James Street" address2="" city="Hamilton" state="ON" country="CA" zip="L9B1K2" residential="true"/>

<To company="Future Shop" address1="1565B Upper James Street" address2="" city="Hamilton" state="ON" country="CA" zip="L9B1K2" residential="true"/>

</Packages>

</QuoteRequest>

</EShipper>

Jul-18-08 21:07:07 RESPONSE: curl error# error description: couldn't connect to host

Jul-18-08 21:07:07 RESPONSE:

You realize that in both cases you have provided test username and password, don't you?

That's why it is unable to authenticate you. Test account does not work for whatever reason.

Use the real one and connect with real username and password.

Shimon

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response, I will try giving the people at eShipper an email. Anyways, here is my log below, one attempt at both live and not live:

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 ------------------------------------------

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 URL: http://www.e-shipper.net:80/rpc2

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<QuoteRequest>

</Packages>

</QuoteRequest>

</EShipper>

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 RESPONSE: <EShipper xmlns="http://www.eshipper.net/xml/XMLSchema">

<ErrorReply>

<Error Message="Unable to authenticate user"/>

</ErrorReply>

</EShipper>

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Parsing XML file...

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Something wrong happened

Jul-18-08 21:03:17 Error reported by the server: Unable to authenticate user

Jul-18-08 21:03:58 ------------------------------------------

Jul-18-08 21:03:58 URL: http://66.11.66.100:8080/eshipper/rpc2

Jul-18-08 21:03:58 REQUEST: <?xml version="1.0"?>

<QuoteRequest>

</Packages>

</QuoteRequest>

</EShipper>

Jul-18-08 21:07:07 RESPONSE: curl error# error description: couldn't connect to host

Jul-18-08 21:07:07 RESPONSE:

Then it's time to call eShipper directly. I do not create credentials and I do use same IP numbers for test and live production server, which means your account either not activated or screwed.

Shimon

You realize that in both cases you have provided test username and password, don't you?

That's why it is unable to authenticate you. Test account does not work for whatever reason.

Use the real one and connect with real username and password.

Shimon

Shimon,

I figured out why I'm having trouble with the refund_functions.php. The 'general.php' file included in your contribution contains the following line :

include('includes/functions/refund_functions.php');

Seeing as I don't know what parts of your files pertain to the E-shipper contribution, I simply merged everything.

I'm not sure how to determine which parts of your file I need to merge in order to make e-shipper function, and which parts I need to ignore.

Thanks!

Edited by Agtronic

Good news!

I took my time, and installed the contribution very, very carefully. So far so good. I had a few error messages, which were calls to functions I didn't have in my admin/includes/functions/general.php file. I fixed those, and it seems okay.

There are only two small problems :

1) I don't know where the "configuration" page is. In the installation instructions it says "You will find a new setting group in your admin control panel under Configuration => eShipper Admin" ... but there was no step that required any change to "admin/includes/boxes/configuration.php", nor was such a file included in the .ZIP file. Am I not understanding?

2) When I run a transaction through the front of the of the store, the e-shipper option always displays this error message :

Shipping Method

Please select the preferred shipping method to use on this order. Please Select

eShipper Courier Services

No allowed quotes for this destination

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact Agtronic Motorsport via .

Maybe problem number 2 is related to the fact that I cannot change the configuration? Also, what is supposed to be displayed after the "via ." looks like there's an empty variable there.

Thanks for your time!!

Great contribution! :)

-- Markku

1) In Admin web page of your store there is a infobox "Configuration". Data comes over there from database directly, so when you run SQL script, the data appears there automagically. There are no special instructions to install it. The configuration is just there (and yes, you should configure it even though defaults should be good enough to start with)

2) This is from configuration of the shipping module _after_ install. Go in Admin page modules/shipping/eShipper and configure all parameters, including username/password for live mode, origin address, available shipping methods etc.

For the error below there are two explanations - no allowed shipping methods were selected in configuration or there is no available shipping method to that destination (the easiest way to figure out the last fact is to run same query through the web interface of eShipper or take a look at the log file where all available quotes are returned. Check which methods are available for the destination and select though in configuration of eShipper module)

Shimon

Good news!

I took my time, and installed the contribution very, very carefully. So far so good. I had a few error messages, which were calls to functions I didn't have in my admin/includes/functions/general.php file. I fixed those, and it seems okay.

There are only two small problems :

1) I don't know where the "configuration" page is. In the installation instructions it says "You will find a new setting group in your admin control panel under Configuration => eShipper Admin" ... but there was no step that required any change to "admin/includes/boxes/configuration.php", nor was such a file included in the .ZIP file. Am I not understanding?

2) When I run a transaction through the front of the of the store, the e-shipper option always displays this error message :

Maybe problem number 2 is related to the fact that I cannot change the configuration? Also, what is supposed to be displayed after the "via ." looks like there's an empty variable there.

Thanks for your time!!

Great contribution! :)

-- Markku

Hey Shimon,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I've taken a few screenshots, because I am having trouble finding that configuration screen.

example_02.jpg

example_03.jpg

And now for the problem with the shipping methods, I'm noticing that when I select a few of them, the settings aren't saved.

example_01.jpg

I get the feeling I didn't do the database part correctly, though most of the rest of the stuff works.

Thanks!

You are looking at the right place, but you did not run eshipper.sql located at the top of contribution. It won't work without it. Open eShipper.sql in the text editor to see what configuration values are there.

Shimon

Hey Shimon,

Thank you for your suggestions.

I've taken a few screenshots, because I am having trouble finding that configuration screen.

example_02.jpg

example_03.jpg

And now for the problem with the shipping methods, I'm noticing that when I select a few of them, the settings aren't saved.

example_01.jpg

I get the feeling I didn't do the database part correctly, though most of the rest of the stuff works.

Thanks!

Hi,

I've fixed the issue with configuration. Weird part is that the 5 rows were correctly inserted into the "products" table, but nothing was added to the "configuration_group" table. I ran only the configuration part and it worked perfectly.

The only problem I have now, is I can't save the "shipping methods" array. Every other item in that config registers correctly. It's only the shipping methods that displays "array".

example_01.jpgexample_04.jpg

Edited by Agtronic

Check that you have set function in general.php. I believe it's a new one and should be copied from my general.php (it came with Canada Post contribution?)

Shimon

Confirmed that the configuration item is indeed in the database. But for some reason, the configuration form in the admin section just won't store the array properly. :(

example_05.jpg

Hi Shimon,

The only function I copied from your general.php file is the following :

// UPSXML
// Alias function for Store configuration values in the Administration Tool
 function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($select_array); $i++) {
  $name = (($key) ? 'configuration[' . $key . '][]' : 'configuration_value');
  $string .= '<br><input type="checkbox" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $select_array[$i] . '"';
  $key_values = explode( ", ", $key_value);
  if ( in_array($select_array[$i], $key_values) ) $string .= ' CHECKED';
  $string .= '> ' . $select_array[$i];
} 
$string .= '<input type="hidden" name="' . $name . '" value="--none--">';
return $string;
 }

If I was missing a function, wouldn't I get a "call to undefined function" error message?

Thanks for your suggestions. At this point, I would even manually enter the shipping methods into the database just to get it working, but I don't know what the data should resemble.

Thanks!

Check error_log of your webserver. It should uncover what you are missing over there.

If you have access to debugging, try to set breakpoint in tep_cfg_select_multioption (or add echo's there)

If function is not called, you will have to go up the stack to see why it's not called when you click submit button in configuration.

Should not be too hard, since the path from submit to the database is pretty straightforward.

Shimon

Hi Shimon,

The only function I copied from your general.php file is the following :

// UPSXML
// Alias function for Store configuration values in the Administration Tool
 function tep_cfg_select_multioption($select_array, $key_value, $key = '') {
for ($i=0; $i<sizeof($select_array); $i++) {
  $name = (($key) ? 'configuration[' . $key . '][]' : 'configuration_value');
  $string .= '<br><input type="checkbox" name="' . $name . '" value="' . $select_array[$i] . '"';
  $key_values = explode( ", ", $key_value);
  if ( in_array($select_array[$i], $key_values) ) $string .= ' CHECKED';
  $string .= '> ' . $select_array[$i];
} 
$string .= '<input type="hidden" name="' . $name . '" value="--none--">';
return $string;
 }

If I was missing a function, wouldn't I get a "call to undefined function" error message?

Thanks for your suggestions. At this point, I would even manually enter the shipping methods into the database just to get it working, but I don't know what the data should resemble.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just want to let you guys know, it appears that the API usernames ARE NOT set up for all acounts. So if you are having the Unable to authenticate user error, email eShipper to get them to set up your API account.

Confirmed that the configuration item is indeed in the database. But for some reason, the configuration form in the admin section just won't store the array properly. :(

example_05.jpg

Hi,

I just had the same problem, I solved it by the following. In step 7 in the install, the part that you replace looks identical to the part you are replacing, but the 2nd box actually can scroll down and you replace:

case 'save':

while (list($key, $value) = each($HTTP_POST_VARS['configuration'])) {

with:

case 'save':

if( is_array( $value ) ) {

$value = implode( ", ", $value);

$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);

}

Hi,

I just had the same problem, I solved it by the following. In step 7 in the install, the part that you replace looks identical to the part you are replacing, but the 2nd box actually can scroll down and you replace:

case 'save':

with:

case 'save':

if( is_array( $value ) ) {

$value = implode( ", ", $value);

$value = ereg_replace (", --none--", "", $value);

}

Andrew, that's exactly what it was! It works perfectly now! :D YAY!! THANKS so much!!

Edited by Agtronic

I just want to know what is the best way to use this eshipper service ?

The Big part of the work is finish for me the entire system running well, and I can print my label.

After i have my sticker printed and box packed i don't know what im supose to do ?

maybe go online at: Pickup Setup on https://www.e-shipper.net/Pickup.do?method=admin

but im not sure and at the same time I can see on eshipper web site on this same page:

The Ad-hoc option allows you to schedule pick ups with the carrier as and when required. If you choose the Daily option, an CANADA WORLDWIDE INC. representative will contact you to set up your account.

Alternatively, you can drop off your shipments to the nearest carrier location at no cost.

This is the point : Alternatively, you can drop off your shipments to the nearest carrier location at no cost.

If I understand I can print my label put it on my box and just drop it at UPS service point and they will know about my payment already done to eshipper(CanadaWorldWide), how its work ? Im confused at this time.

Please can you tell me a little bit about how you use it at http://www.onlybestrated.com/

Big Thx Shimon for your great contrib this is a big gift for me this is nice from your part to share it.

There are two options here, which I never mentioned patiently waiting for somebody to come to this point :)

1) For relatively large (or medium) shipment volume, such as 10-20 parcels a day it actually could make sense to open a fulfilling account with Canada Worldwide. This is what we eventually did (having gone through packing at basement, renting warehouse etc.) Their rates are very competitive and if you ever charge a customer with shipping/handling fee around $5-7, this is what it will be (with only difference the shipping/handling will go to CWW rather than to your pocket) They handle returns for us, too, because we do accept returns within 15 days!

2) For small shipments (and occasionally we do so too), just like you describe, print the label, attach to box and drop at nearest carrier location. By now I know nearest Canada Post office, UPS, Fedex Ground/Priority (to my surprise those are different companies), Purolator and UPS. Though, with time passing by I became too lazy and for UPS/Fedex/Purolator I schedule pickup online (you need to open your own account with each one of them just to schedule pickups) to pick parcels from garage/front door (depends on my mood) Each label contains unique account of eShipper, so if you call them you don't need to open your own account, but can use account of eShipper to call pickup service. The only service that does not like to be called for pickup is Canada Post (they may come once or twice, but then will start bullying you and beg your money. Even if you have account with them, they still don't like pickups unless you have regular pickup schedule you can setup with them, e.g. every day or Mon/Wed/Fri - we had it too in the past)

Shimon

I just want to know what is the best way to use this eshipper service ?

The Big part of the work is finish for me the entire system running well, and I can print my label.

After i have my sticker printed and box packed i don't know what im supose to do ?

maybe go online at: Pickup Setup on https://www.e-shipper.net/Pickup.do?method=admin

but im not sure and at the same time I can see on eshipper web site on this same page:

The Ad-hoc option allows you to schedule pick ups with the carrier as and when required. If you choose the Daily option, an CANADA WORLDWIDE INC. representative will contact you to set up your account.

Alternatively, you can drop off your shipments to the nearest carrier location at no cost.

This is the point : Alternatively, you can drop off your shipments to the nearest carrier location at no cost.

If I understand I can print my label put it on my box and just drop it at UPS service point and they will know about my payment already done to eshipper(CanadaWorldWide), how its work ? Im confused at this time.

Please can you tell me a little bit about how you use it at http://www.onlybestrated.com/

Big Thx Shimon for your great contrib this is a big gift for me this is nice from your part to share it.

• 2 weeks later...