• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

eShipper (UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Trucking) Integration Module Support Forum

shimonp

Here is support forum for eShipper Integration module (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5711) which currently supports quotes and shipping labels for UPS, Fedex, DHL, Canada Post, Purolator and Trucking ways of shipments.

Clients get heavily discounted rates by innovative technology.

This about it this way: when you come to UPS and say: "I am going to ship 20 parcels a month, give me a quote" you'll get a quote pretty much close to the quote of the individual. Now eShipper comes to UPS and says: "I am going to have few millions of parcels a months. Give me a quote." This is where it becomes interesting. More of us use that service, better quotes we all get. Simple, but true!

I am not affiliated from business point of view with eShipper in any way, so do not think I am seeking huge profit from writing or promoting this integration module. I am not. Module is free, service is free. Rates are heavily discounted. Almost a Christmas gift :) Rarely, but wonders do happen in our life.

You may also write directly to my email [email protected] with your support questions.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

I've tried setting this up on my site, but get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Node::getAttributes() in /home/.chani/rffmedia/rffmedia.com/includes/modules/shipping/eshipper.php on line 452

Any suggestions?

Looking at possibly using the contrib, but my question is support for dimensions... we are currently using upsxml and definitely eshipper provides much cheaper rates, but the work involved to add dimensions to our catalog of over 2000 items would far outweigh the benefits since while yes we could offer cheaper shipping, folks are ordering and fine with the current ups rates.

hello everyone, ...... I've been on this issue since yesterday and I wanted to know if you could shed some light on the situation. When I installed oscommerce I had two options I could install the oscommerce....

example.com/catalog

or

example.com

I choose example.com (www.bobostinytreasures.com)

I am trying to make the uspxml contribution work and havent had success with it.

I put it in the directory catalog and when I went to shipping module I didnt see it. However when I put it in the includes and admin folder that are separate when you first log into the site it works partially.

I can see the ups module but when I click on it I get this message:

Warning: constant(): Couldn't find constant UPSXML_Array in /home/content/b/o/b/bobostinytreas/html/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 1011

When I go onto the website to see if it works I get this message:

2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server during query

select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from manufacturers order by manufacturers_name

[TEP STOP]

I've run the configuration sql and ran install_upsxml.sql

Could you shed some light into what I might possibly be doing wrong.

Thanks.

Steward Dondi

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i don't know if the author still support his contribution, but maybe someone else could help me.

I have a small problem with the module. It does retrieve quote(i can see it in the log file) but don’t display them. I think there is a problem with xmldocument. Here is the error:

Fatal error: Class 'XMLDocument' not found in .../includes/modules/shipping/eshipper.php on line 385

I tried to add the following in includes/modules/shipping/eshipper.php:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'xmldocument_ex.php');

Now i don’t have error but but blank page in checkout_process and in estimated shipping too.

If someone has an idea of the problem please let me know!

Well after reading all the different ways of shipping i think i have settled on E-shipper to work with. I have down;loaded the files and was reading up on how to do the install. being NEW to this I will take my time /

after reading what shimonp has written in the install instructions it now seems that i must download two other files ( ithink they were included with his package thoug not to sure) and install these as well even though by the sounds of it they are not funtional. these files are indicated in steps Pre-intall 1 & 2

then in step 1 copy files . I look for the path he has indicated and I don't see it in my site I find ...\admin\includes\classes and not \admin \classes .. well i guess I am asking for help on how to integrat. I have put my site onto a local drive and will attempt a "dry run" but if any one can give me some hints it would help lots'

Thanks

Edited by nitehawk

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortuntely, when you miss dimensions in UPS or any other shipping vendor, you overpaying a lot! Check quotation of UPS, Canada Post etc. They all require dimensions. Most likely in your current solution is used some standard and incorrect dims, so you are guaranteed to overpay.

Shimon

Looking at possibly using the contrib, but my question is support for dimensions... we are currently using upsxml and definitely eshipper provides much cheaper rates, but the work involved to add dimensions to our catalog of over 2000 items would far outweigh the benefits since while yes we could offer cheaper shipping, folks are ordering and fine with the current ups rates.

Author (myself) is supporting this contrib :) xmldocument_ex.php in early versions of the contribution was incorrect, unfortunately.

Take one from the latest copy (2.1 at least)

Shimon

Hello,

i don't know if the author still support his contribution, but maybe someone else could help me.

I have a small problem with the module. It does retrieve quote(i can see it in the log file) but don’t display them. I think there is a problem with xmldocument. Here is the error:

Fatal error: Class 'XMLDocument' not found in .../includes/modules/shipping/eshipper.php on line 385

Now i don’t have error but but blank page in checkout_process and in estimated shipping too.

This is known problem in earlier versions of the contribution.

Please, take xmldocument_ex.php from the latest copy (at least 2.1) and replace xmldocument_ex.php.

Shimon

Hello,

Everybody puts his store in a different folder. Forget about anything above admin. Folder admin is only one there.

Shimon

Well after reading all the different ways of shipping i think i have settled on E-shipper to work with. I have down;loaded the files and was reading up on how to do the install. being NEW to this I will take my time /

after reading what shimonp has written in the install instructions it now seems that i must download two other files ( ithink they were included with his package thoug not to sure) and install these as well even though by the sounds of it they are not funtional. these files are indicated in steps Pre-intall 1 & 2

then in step 1 copy files . I look for the path he has indicated and I don't see it in my site I find ...\admin\includes\classes and not \admin \classes .. well i guess I am asking for help on how to integrat. I have put my site onto a local drive and will attempt a "dry run" but if any one can give me some hints it would help lots'

Thanks

I'm considering using this module but before I go through the trouble of installing it: will this work without port 30000 enabled on my host? (my service provider is refusing to open port 30000 for me, so I can't install the Canada Post module -- I'm wondering if this one will work without it)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I have some questions.

Once this module is installed and the customer checks out using his prefered shipping method, how do i get this shipping rate from the shipper ?

Is there some kind of reference code ? when i show up at Canada Post or Federal Express how do i get the same rate ?

Is this information included on the shipping label printed from OSC ?

thanks

You don't nee to download any other contribution. Everything is included with contribution itself (including modified updated prices contribution and modified show quotes contribution)

Shimon

Thanks

That's the beauty of the module - you don't need any special ports open for this contribution to work.

Actual connection to shipping vendors happens at eShipper site. Port 80 (or 443 for SSL) is more than enough for this contribution to work.

Shimon

I'm considering using this module but before I go through the trouble of installing it: will this work without port 30000 enabled on my host? (my service provider is refusing to open port 30000 for me, so I can't install the Canada Post module -- I'm wondering if this one will work without it)

There is contribution called "shipping quotes" included with this contribution. The way it works, you ask eShipper for the quotes after product is added to the shopping cart and then you (or customer) ask for the same quote when selecting shipping method at the shipping screen.

You generate shipping labels based on quoted prices from Admin ( by clicking "Export eShipper")

Shimon

Hi I have some questions.

Once this module is installed and the customer checks out using his prefered shipping method, how do i get this shipping rate from the shipper ?

Is there some kind of reference code ? when i show up at Canada Post or Federal Express how do i get the same rate ?

Is this information included on the shipping label printed from OSC ?

thanks

When you get something like this, contact author (me) at [email protected] attaching your log file eShipper.log.

In 99.9% of the cases it's configuration of misinstallation issue

Shimon

Hello,

I've made some corrections but still it is not working for me.

null

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact ***** via

Can anybody me help me out on this?

Thanks,

There is contribution called "shipping quotes" included with this contribution. The way it works, you ask eShipper for the quotes after product is added to the shopping cart and then you (or customer) ask for the same quote when selecting shipping method at the shipping screen.

You generate shipping labels based on quoted prices from Admin ( by clicking "Export eShipper")

Shimon

Thanks for all the replies. So if i understand the contribution "shipping quotes" is not necessary ?

Now for the labels these are Fedex and UPS etcetera labels like from their software?

And last 2 questions ;

Do you have any print screens of this module ?

Is this contribution the same code a Way To Ship eShipper module or is theirs a completly different rewrite ?

When you get something like this, contact author (me) at [email protected] attaching your log file eShipper.log.

In 99.9% of the cases it's configuration of misinstallation issue

Shimon

This error apear for every body since one week is beacause we need to do an update for insurance and COD, but i downloaded the new version of the contrib and only one file have been modified i have updated it and this error message is there again and again and i not found any clear detail on wath we have to do to run this contrib succefully again.

Can you please write us here a way to update the eshipper contrib.

This message appear in checkout process and in the Box Estimated Shipping Cost

If you prefer to use eShipper as your shipping method, please contact ... via."

In the new contrib in the install instruction I saw how to update -run sqlupdate.sql (no new value or field, I have same thing in my DB) and -update a bunch of file:

admin\eshipper_export.php

admin\classes\customs.php

admin\classes\eshipper_shipment.php

admin\classes\xmldocument_ex.php

admin\classes\shipping_request_builder.php

admin\languages\english\eshipper_export.php

admin\languages\english\eshipper_shipment.php

I conpare the file with ExamDiff Pro. All the files is the same as the last contrib version exept one :

admin\languages\english\eshipper_shipment.php

I updated it

And I get the same error message Like : Contact "my catalog" via. (supose to be your mail adress but the link is not correcly design)

I looked a second time the db the files and all is supose to be is done, but i get again this message about API insurrance and COD, please contact via......

Can u tell me please what im doing wrong and Im sure to not be alone to scratch my head about the way to do this update.

Its a fantastic contrib, good job is done here :thumbsup: but we need more detail info about doing the update, like the only new file or line file to change to not copy the all contrib each time and update occur, should be really apreciated.

Thx for youre help and continu your good job its a nice contrib really. :rolleyes:

I do not have screenshots, but should probably add some. Was lazy to take them :)

The software is different from way2ship one. Way2ship obscurs interface to eShipper by adding layer of indirection in order to charge for generating shipping labels. This contribution is direct eShipper inteface and completely free for use. You pay just like any other shipping company only for the shipments you shipped, not monthly fee.

Shimon

Thanks for all the replies. So if i understand the contribution "shipping quotes" is not necessary ?

Now for the labels these are Fedex and UPS etcetera labels like from their software?

And last 2 questions ;

Do you have any print screens of this module ?

Is this contribution the same code a Way To Ship eShipper module or is theirs a completly different rewrite ?

• 3 weeks later...