• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

CCGV or Discount Coupon Codes?

risrik

Hi,

I'm not sure which contribution is the right solution for discounts and would appreciate your thoughts.

A client of mine would like to physically hand out one time discount cards while at trade shows. The cards would have a discount code that can only be used once when an order is placed online. I would assume they would go into their admin and generate a one use discount code that they can put on the card for the recipient. It's not emailed or anything (like I think voucher are), it's physically handed to potential customers.

Which contribution would be better for something like this - CCGV or Discount Coupon Codes? Is there a better way to do all this?

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I use Discount Coupon Codes and I think that it would work great for this. You can even have a promo code work once per user so that he only has to generate one code for the show and each user can only us it once.

Is it just me or does it seem that this contrib has an excessive amount of problems?

• 1 month later...

They changed their requirements slightly. They have a code they want to use and will be printing it on their cards. I can always go inside the database and change the code generated so that's no problem.

Instead of one-time 20% discount on the entire order, they want a one-time 20% discount off the highest price item in their order only. Is Discount Coupon Codes still the best contribution to use? I can code so I can always modify parts but I'd like to start off with something that as close as possible to avoid having to change too much!