• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I don't want the message that says: Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account? etc...

SXM

I don't want the message that says:

What's New Here?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

New Products For February

I don't want any of those messages. What do I have to do?

Thank you

SX

I don't want the message that says:

What's New Here?

Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?

New Products For February

I don't want any of those messages. What do I have to do?

Thank you

SX

Look in includes/languages/english.php and male them like

define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', ' ');

Thank you!!! :thumbsup: I did half of the work. the text is gone, but the "New Products For February" is not. I don't want to have the information of any of the product in the index and the others pages, I just want to have the picture of the products in the categories that I have created. How can I do that?

The new product pictures are below the message: What's New Here?

Thank you :thumbsup:

SXM

Thank you!!! :thumbsup: I did half of the work. the text is gone, but the "New Products For February" is not. I don't want to have the information of any of the product in the index and the others pages, I just want to have the picture of the products in the categories that I have created. How can I do that?

The new product pictures are below the message: What's New Here?

Thank you :thumbsup:

SXM

Jesse,

I answered your post on this topic in the STSv4 thread.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue and have read and searched the STSv4 thread extensively and as of yet (after spending 2 days now) have not been able to find the answer for how to remove the New Product section from the front page. I've edited the welcome message fine but can not figure out how to remove the catalog icon above the welcome message area or the new product that shows up at the bottom.

does anyone know specifically what files need to edited ?

Thanks

Ok I figured it out to remove the New Products from the front page you need to edit the catalog/index.php file. I had tried this yesterday but for some reason it didn't work (most likely had the wrong index.php file open).

You can also edit this file to remove the category image icon as well.

Hope this helps someone else.

I have the same issue and have read and searched the STSv4 thread extensively and as of yet (after spending 2 days now) have not been able to find the answer for how to remove the New Product section from the front page. I've edited the welcome message fine but can not figure out how to remove the catalog icon above the welcome message area or the new product that shows up at the bottom.

does anyone know specifically what files need to edited ?

Thanks

A search on Google such as:

site:www.oscommerce.com/forums remove the New Product

Or look in the Knowledge Base:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C..._Area/Boxes/260

....would have provided the answers.

I only mentioned STSv4 thread because the original post did a "double-post" on the subject. :-

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

• 1 year later...

I'm also trying to delete the welcome message but I am using version 3.0.

The language file is in .xml rather than PHP. When I go in and delete the

welcome message it still appears on the home page as if I have done nothing.

I have tried to make changes with a few other things in the language file

as well but they did not work either. As a matter of fact, I can completely

delete the language file and nothing goes wrong with the website. It's as if

the file is still there...lol.

Can someone help with this?

Thanks!

Archived