• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Virtual Mall Setup released

Aodhan

Ok, after much tweaking and playing, the beta release of my virtual mall system is released. It is in the "Other" section of the contributions, under Virtual Mall v1.0.

This is the first release, and it is not intended for existing stores. I created it to start with for new installs. The code changes are there and should work for exisiting stores, but you will have to go in and modify the mySql tables and data by hand.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Aodhan

Wow. This is awesome! I can see this being a very useful contribution to many people. Excellent work!

Thanks! I think I am finally just a couple weeks from my site going live...this was the big hurdle I had to get over.

Aodhan

What are the stunning uses we can put this mod to?  I can't fire my imagination on this?

I basically developed it for my own use, what I am doing is hosting stores for other people. So person A, person B, and person C have their own businesses but no web site. This allows me to host their stores for them, and have one single checkout whether or not they buy from multiple stores on my site.

Site owner and customer get an email showing all purchases, and each store owner gets an email showing purchases from their store. You disburse payments, and they ship items.

Site owner charges hosting fees, setup fees, what-have-you.

You can also adapt it to use with drop shippers, and have emails automatically sent to your drop ship suppliers.

Aodhan

sounds good. any way to see an example?

Sure. Install it and go. :D

Seriously, if you want to send me an email address, I can set up two sample shops with that email address and a user with it, and you can see the three different email addresses it would generate.

I don't have a live site up yet, I am still a few weeks away. I'm lining up my initial "test" vendors and creating the look/feel at the moment.

Aodhan

• 4 months later...
What are the stunning uses we can put this mod to? I can't fire my imagination on this?

I basically developed it for my own use, what I am doing is hosting stores for other people. So person A, person B, and person C have their own businesses but no web site. This allows me to host their stores for them,

Aodhan

Hello,

I have a need for this mod. It is excellent work. Only a few questions..

1.) Can each store have its own shipping configuration? Store A for example will beshipping from India, while Store B from the US etc. Each store should be able to use a different shipping rate table.

2.) Can each store have own admin interfaces and be able to update products to their stores independently and without involvement of the owner hosting the stores as well as without messing with another store's products?

Thanks,

Freddy

• 3 years later...