Sign in to follow this  
yellowbear

email receipt missing invoice number and description

I am in testing my osCommerce cart with Authorize.net as the gateway. My mock purchases are working between osCommerce and authorize.net except for the email receipt that authorize.net sends me. The Invoice Number and Description fields are blank on the email. When I check my orders in osCommerce cpanel there is an invoice number and description. It appears that these values are not being sent to authorize.net. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hello Yellowbear,

From what I can tell, the new Authorize.net module works a little bit differently to prevent a flaw in the previous implementation.

It used to be that when a customer would go to process their order, the system would try to determine what would be the next order number, and would assign that invoice number to the transaction. However, when you have heavy order volume, this could sometimes cause a duplicate invoice number to be sent to authorize.net. Now instead of guessing the next order number, it sends no invoice number to Authorize.net, and instead assigns it AFTER the transaction has been approved. I guess they figured you could look at the customer ID.

I added transaction logging to the module so that I could match order numbers to transactions. I may eventually submit a contribution for this modification.

I am in testing my osCommerce cart with Authorize.net as the gateway. My mock purchases are working between osCommerce and authorize.net except for the email receipt that authorize.net sends me. The Invoice Number and Description fields are blank on the email. When I check my orders in osCommerce cpanel there is an invoice number and description. It appears that these values are not being sent to authorize.net. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Hello,

Is there any way to get just the description working on the receipt from authorize.net? I can live without the invoice but the description is needed for processing in quickbooks. Thanks for any help.