• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Shipping Cost not correct

asecaida

I have the USPS shipping module working on my site, but some of the rates are off for heavier products. I contacted USPS and they said something is not right with osCommerce. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with incorrect shipping cost. Also to note, its not just off but way off, I have a 12lb product that cost $15 to ship parcel but it gives a rate of around $6.

-Thanks

I have the USPS shipping module working on my site, but some of the rates are off for heavier products. I contacted USPS and they said something is not right with osCommerce. I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with incorrect shipping cost. Also to note, its not just off but way off, I have a 12lb product that cost $15 to ship parcel but it gives a rate of around $6.

Your settings are OK? See the knowledge base.

• 4 weeks later...

Incorrect parcel calcs and defaulting to express mail with USPS methods 2.9.6. If your setting are correct then try this:

I had like problems and I found this at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4129. I made the changes and it worked like a charm. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

In November of 2007, USPS changed their api return code from lower case to upper case. We believe this to be an error by USPS which has broken thousands of websites. For this reason, we will only post the text method to make this change and not provide a file or direct db change because we anticipate that it may change back despite USPS assurances that this unannounced change is now permanent.

In any case, for mvs, this is how you fix the problem:

/includes/modules/vendors_shipping/usps.php

change all cases of Express where is named ALONE, ie not Global Express Mail, to EXPRESS

change all cases of Priority where is named ALONE, ie not International Priority Mail, to PRIORITY

change all cases of First Class where is named ALONE, ie not First Class Mail International , to FIRST CLASS

change all cases of Parcel where is named ALONE, ie not International Parcel Post, to PARCEL

I can't list the exact locations for you because my usps.php file is changed, here is an example of a changed location

OLD:

CODE

$this->types = array('Express' => 'Express Mail',

'First Class' => 'First-Class Mail',

'Priority' => 'Priority Mail',

'Parcel' => 'Parcel Post');

NEW:

CODE

$this->types = array('EXPRESS' => 'Express Mail',

'FIRST CLASS' => 'First-Class Mail',

'PRIORITY' => 'Priority Mail',

'PARCEL' => 'Parcel Post');

• 3 weeks later...

I just found out I had the same problem. It was changing all shipping to express, people weren't continuing their orders. I followed the instructions to change everything to upper case and it is now working great.

Thanks so much and have a great day,

Linda