• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Domain Name Search & Register

Pica

Hello...

Anyone has some module to search and eventually order domain name registration within OSC ?

I have been testing Dave Howarth's "Domain_Search1.php" which is

ok once I got it under the same layout as the rest of my website.

It works fine ONLY within the english version. If I switch to another language (e.g. french) I get a "not found product" message although I have the correponding amount to pay in my Shopping_cart and there's no product shown. Back to english, everything is there and in the shopping_cart, I see a product like "doudoudou.com" (if I'm ordering that domain).

Anyone has an idea why it fails to show that in other languages ?

If anyone has another contribution to search & order domain names, please say so.

Thanks in advance.

Paulo

Hi there,

I believe the problem you are having comes from the fact that when the product is added to the DB table, it is put in the english one only, and no other language. So when you switch to a new language, the product is not found...

I am not positive, but I think that is the case....

cheers

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

I see...

Thank you for your reply.

Anyway, is this new as request or did anyone else already worked on this kind of "sale" ?

I find it weird there's none or hardly no info on this matter.

Feel free to drop me a line if you have a clue on this.

Thanks.

Paulo

Hello all...

Is there anyone at all using OSC and Domain Search & Order procedures?

I'm almost done with it but there are a few bugs with this...

The language problem still exists and I found one more... Each domain searched in this page (domain_search.php) is added to the products table.

I found it weird when I saw the total records value going up...

Thanks in advance to anyone replying to this with some working solutions.

Paulo.

I understand what you mean.

The question is I am able to register lots of TLD domains with a registar with my own account within minutes.

Therefore, by having a domain search and order tool with OSC I could have my clients ordering domains to me when buying products in my website in stead of looking for someone else.

Paulo.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone successfully added additional 'domain nic's' to this script? I am having some issues with adding a .ca .. its saying domains that are not available are..

I've copied the .com part and changed all 'com' to 'ca' and changed the whois to whois.cira.ca/whois.internic.ca testing both, neither working. I have a feeling I am missing something but cant put my finger on it.

Thomas

A signature is something that reflects its user. - The dictionary

The question is not, 'to code, or not to code'

the question is, 'if we do not code, are we really alive?'

-- anonymous

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I installed the same script, but i get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _sess_open() (previously declared in /home/httpd/vhosts/server/httpdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php:18) in /home/httpd/vhosts/server/httpdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 18

Finally working again on my site, it has been a while since I had the time to work at it, been too busy.

Mais oui Pica, moi aussi je veut offrir le service en francais, mais il y a un gros probleme avec la basse de donne, i will have to look at it closely, in the mean time I had no problem setting the .ca registrar in my site, but one again only in english, hopefully soon someone will find a way to add multi-language to this great contributions, all for the best for OS users and developper

for .ca add the following to the domain_search.php

$caserver = "whois.cira.ca";

$canomatch = "AVAIL";

//$cainclude = true; // not needed

-----

case ca:

$price="18.95";

break;

-----

<OPTION VALUE=ca> .CA

-----

// .ca

if($type == "ca")

{

$caarray = array($domain.".ca");

$cacount = count($caarray);

$i=0;

for ($i=0;$i<$cacount;$i++)

{

$domname = $caarray[$i];

$query = $domname."@".$caserver;

$result = "";

$ns = fsockopen($caserver,43); fputs($ns,"$domnamern");

while(!feof($ns)) $result .= fgets($ns,128); fclose($ns);

if (eregi($canomatch,$result)) { dispav($domname); } else { dispun($domname,$caserver); }

}

echo "<tr><td colspan=5 bgcolor=$sepcolor><font face=$fontface size=$fontsize> </td></tr>";

}

---- that's it, as simple as the other one

Hi all...

I'm happy to get some replies to message posted some months ago : guess we all been busy !!!

I took a look at your site and it's great ! I keep wondering what am I doing wrong....

1. How can I avoid Ordered domain names to be added to the products list ?

2. How can I avoid them to show in the New Products in the Default page ?

3. How can I exclude the Domain Names category to be listed in the Advanced Search page ?

(maybe there's a better contribution that I missed...)

For the different DNS services, I had no trouble so far.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Best regards,

Paulo.

I am almost finished with this tool... still, an error message remains :

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in domain_search1.php on line 66.

Which is :

$opennewcount = @fopen($counterfile,"w");

@fwrite($opennewcount, $newcount);

fclose ($opennewcount);

This doesn't seem to disturb the result of the query but, it's quite annoying as it appears on the screen.

On the other hand, what can I do in order to remove Delivery fees when ordering a domain name ?

Thank you all.

Paulo.

I used the "Store PickUp" files and adapted them to "online Services" in order to set delivery fees to 0.00.

For the rest, I am stucked with that "fclose()" thing...

Any ideas ?

Thx,

Paulo.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone has an idea why it fails to show that in other languages ?

try to figure it out, here what i found in the domain_search.php file:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " values ('', '1', '". $what ."', '" . $type . "', '', '')");

if you replace the value 1 for an other language id like for me it's 4 for french then it does work in french, but french only, how can i set this to change depending of the language? that's the next step, anybody knows how to, I'm not to familiar with php coding but should be simple.

-jy

Hummm... that makes sense ! Thx.

BTW, how about repeating that sentence... let's say :

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " values ('', '1', '". $what ."', '" . $type . "', '', '')"); 

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " values ('', '2', '". $what ."', '" . $type . "', '', '')");

Could that work ? :roll:

BTW, any clue on that fcolse() error ?

P.

looking at your suggestion, it wouldn't work since this isn't also increment the product table, but by adding this also you do increment both, the only problem is the module doesn't recognize the incrementation properly and jump an extra product_ID, which mean it doesn't see the first product_ID, it's there but can be pick by the domain_search.php, it need extra coding here.

tep_db_query("insert into  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " values ('', '1', '" . $type . "', '', '" . $price ."', '', '0', '1', '1', '1', '', '" . $newcount ."', '')");

tep_db_query("insert into  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " values ('', '1', '" . $type . "', '', '" . $price ."', '', '0', '1', '1', '1', '', '" . $newcount ."', '')");

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " values ('', '4', '". $what ."', '" . $type . "', '', '')");

in regard of your bug (fcolse() error ), not certain why it is happening to you perhaps you are using a more recent version of osC then mine.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

How can you stop the names searched for being added to the product database? And in any case, why would anyone want it to do that.

Thanks