• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Advice

wargaming

Ok not really an oscommerce question but it does come under "next steps" criterea i'm after some advice really

Does anyone in the UK use any specific shipping companies for their posting instead of royal mail we are using royal mail at the minute but the constant trips to the post office are biting into our online time to update store and give live help, we also have a problem with the shipping method we went for which was recorded in that it doesn't track items so unless we change this to special delivery and add some costs on to our customers we have a few problems.

I was wondering if anyone uses any dispatch/courier firms. What their experiences were with these companies ( ease of use, costs, and minimum amount of packages and so on ) and if they'd recomend them also if it was cost effective against royal mail or if I was better to stay where I am until the volume of packages goes up.

Would be very gratefull of any advice

Thanks

Chris

Ok not really an oscommerce question but it does come under "next steps" criterea i'm after some advice really

Does anyone in the UK use any specific shipping companies for their posting instead of royal mail we are using royal mail at the minute but the constant trips to the post office are biting into our online time to update store and give live help, we also have a problem with the shipping method we went for which was recorded in that it doesn't track items so unless we change this to special delivery and add some costs on to our customers we have a few problems.

I was wondering if anyone uses any dispatch/courier firms. What their experiences were with these companies ( ease of use, costs, and minimum amount of packages and so on ) and if they'd recomend them also if it was cost effective against royal mail or if I was better to stay where I am until the volume of packages goes up.

Would be very gratefull of any advice

Thanks

Chris

hi Chris

did you try out the following contribution :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4473

Regards

Hair

Hi hari_shyam, we did install this but instead decided to go for free postage for all customers and instead just run the special delivery option for them if they decided to go for it (which a large amount do) its just some customers do go for recorded delivery i'd guess because its free.

What we are after is a bit advice on which courier companies are better and if they are cost effective over royal mail and what kind of volume of packages is needed to make them cost effective if any.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Chris

Archived