• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order viewing problem

zaccy

Hello

I have an problem in oscommerce with orders viewing in admin panel. In our shop is about 1700 products and most of them are named like front bumper, side skirts or rear bumper. We sell bodyparts for cars and we are categories like car make and sub category like car model and there are products when we get order example customer have ordered front bumper to Audi A4 we see in admin panel only Product name: Front bumper Product model: - And prices and taxes so we don´t know what front bumper is ordered if we put product code to product model field we can see productnumber then we can search product from catalog but is very slow and difficult work. so is that possible to get url to product or picture of product to admin panel order viewing?

Sorry about my bad english..

Hello

I have an problem in oscommerce with orders viewing in admin panel. In our shop is about 1700 products and most of them are named like front bumper, side skirts or rear bumper. We sell bodyparts for cars and we are categories like car make and sub category like car model and there are products when we get order example customer have ordered front bumper to Audi A4 we see in admin panel only Product name: Front bumper Product model: - And prices and taxes so we don´t know what front bumper is ordered if we put product code to product model field we can see productnumber then we can search product from catalog but is very slow and difficult work. so is that possible to get url to product or picture of product to admin panel order viewing?

I suppose what you are trying to tell here is to view the product number or other details in the order page itself.. or do you want a line to the product page itself ??

Cheers

Hari

I want url to product page or picture of ordered product to order page in admin panel. Or more information of product like category and subcategory. I put picture to help suppose what I mean

oops.. that was pretty much more clear.. could not expected more of that :).. just one more qn.. do you want the attributes as well to be shown ?? that might help as well..

cheers

Hari

Edited by hari_shyam

oops.. that was pretty much more clear.. could not expected more of that :).. just one more qn.. do you want the attributes as well to be shown ?? that might help as well..

cheers

Hari

yes attributes or so ready code as possible because I´m novice but attributes helps too..

Great contribution as we were just about to work with a developer to figure out about linking to the Product page as you did.

If we can request one change or enhancement. Would it be possible to have the product links in the orders.php open in separate windows rather than the same window? We usually have orders wih multiple products and it would be nice to pull up each of the products in a separate window.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Great contribution as we were just about to work with a developer to figure out about linking to the Product page as you did.

If we can request one change or enhancement. Would it be possible to have the product links in the orders.php open in separate windows rather than the same window? We usually have orders wih multiple products and it would be nice to pull up each of the products in a separate window.

Thanks in advance for your help.

in the orders.php file.

Find the line ( around 239 )

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

Replace it by:

// BOC Display Product link on Admin orders page : Harishyam, [email protected]

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><a href="'.HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG.'product_info.php?products_id='.$order->products[$i]['id'] .'"target="_blank">'. $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

// EOC Display Product link on Admin orders page : Harishyam, [email protected]

in the orders.php file.

' <td class="dataTableContent" valign="top">' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

Replace it by:

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="top"><a href="'.HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG.'product_info.php?products_id='.$order->products[$i]['id'] .'"target="_blank">'. $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

Excellent. That did the trick. Great Contribution!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Hello

I'm looking for the product to be able to be viewed on the orders page. I have seen a contribution for showing the url to the product on the customers order page. But I'm not exactly sure where it is. sorry. :)

• 4 weeks later...
in the orders.php file.

Replace it by:

Fantastic!

I've been brainstorming for this solution too, thanks!!!

• 1 month later...

ALL PRODUCT ID LINKS LEADING ME TO HOME PAGE

After installing this, I found that the new link this provides on the orders page would always open my index (home) page rather than the specific product. I have an older version from February 2007 of Chemo’s SEO URL’s installed which might be the cause but I’m not sure. I made a very small change to this contribution which fixed it for me; now when I click the model number from the admin orders page, the product is opened in a new window.

If you have installed this ADD-IN module and all the new product links from your orders.php page lead you to your home page (…/index.php) try this small edit to the admin/orders.php add-in around line 245:

= = = = = = = = = =

ORIGINAL ADD-IN CODE, around line 245 in …admin/orders.php

= = = = = = = = = =

<a href="'.HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG.'product_info.php?products_id='.$order->products[$i]['id'] .'"target="_blank">'. $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

= = = = = = = = = =

MY ADJUSTED ADD-IN CODE

= = = = = = = = = =

<a href="'.HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG.'-p-'.$order->products[$i]['id'] .'.html'.'"target="_blank">'. $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

This works for me and has the “open in new window” function included.

• 2 years later...

I have a question... My model numbers are longer than 11-12 characters. How to you adjust that to show either all or more characters in the hyperlink? This "little" change has been great, by the way! Thanks for posting it!!!

• 3 months later...

ALL PRODUCT ID LINKS LEADING ME TO HOME PAGE

After installing this, I found that the new link this provides on the orders page would always open my index (home) page rather than the specific product. I have an older version from February 2007 of Chemo’s SEO URL’s installed which might be the cause but I’m not sure. I made a very small change to this contribution which fixed it for me; now when I click the model number from the admin orders page, the product is opened in a new window.

If you have installed this ADD-IN module and all the new product links from your orders.php page lead you to your home page (…/index.php) try this small edit to the admin/orders.php add-in around line 245:

= = = = = = = = = =

ORIGINAL ADD-IN CODE, around line 245 in …admin/orders.php

= = = = = = = = = =

<a href="'.HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG.'product_info.php?products_id='.$order->products[$i]['id'] .'"target="_blank">'. $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

= = = = = = = = = =

MY ADJUSTED ADD-IN CODE

= = = = = = = = = =

<a href="'.HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER.DIR_WS_CATALOG.'-p-'.$order->products[$i]['id'] .'.html'.'"target="_blank">'. $order->products[$i]['model'] . '</td>' . "\n" .

This works for me and has the “open in new window” function included.

Hi,

Great contribution.

Is there a way the code could be modded slightly so instead of the link going to the product of what a customers see's, it would go to the product edit page?

Thanks.