• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SEO for my site

Hello,

I've had successful HTML based sites, but this store is our only store that uses OScommerce completely and it hasn't taken off.

I have the following contributions installed with my opinions.

Ultimate SEO - I have this finally working with proper output to make it look like .html files

Header Tag Controller - I'm not sure if this even works because when I look at the source file of my site...i don't see the keywords or descriptions. I have no idea how a search engine will rank me.

google base feed - I currently have my items listed on google base

google analytics - I have plenty of visitors from around the world, but i haven't made any conversions.

google sitemap - I have my sitemap submitted to google. I haven't noticed anything ranked yet.

I wanted to try to generate some organic sales before starting a ppc campaign, but i haven't had much luck. any help would be helpful.

i don't think i can post a link to my site because i don't mention osc at the bottom :-"

lets just say it rhymes with www safetygears net

For some seo info click the links in my signature ...

As for waiting for organic sales before doing ppc , its usually done the other way by people in the know...due to the fact that it takes time to get organic based search traffic..and ppc is great to use to get sales while waiting to climb up the search ranks....

For some seo info click the links in my signature ...

As for waiting for organic sales before doing ppc , its usually done the other way by people in the know...due to the fact that it takes time to get organic based search traffic..and ppc is great to use to get sales while waiting to climb up the search ranks....

thanks for the reply. I may have to just start the ppc campaign without any organic sales.

also in addition to all of this i'm trying the markup validator and i'm getting these two errors.

# Line 1, Column 0: no document type declaration; implying "<!DOCTYPE HTML SYSTEM>".

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0;URL=https://safetygears.c4.ixw

The checked page did not contain a document type ("DOCTYPE") declaration. The Validator has tried to validate with a fallback DTD, but this is quite likely to be incorrect and will generate a large number of incorrect error messages. It is highly recommended that you insert the proper DOCTYPE declaration in your document -- instructions for doing this are given above -- and it is necessary to have this declaration before the page can be declared to be valid.

# Error Line 1, Column 111: end tag for "HEAD" which is not finished.

…c4.ixwebhosting.com/index.php"></head><body></body></html>

Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists (ul, ol, dl) require list items (li, or dt, dd), and so on.

any suggestions on how to fix these errors? anyone?

Archived