Sign in to follow this  
j_uprichard

Zones shipping based on Total Cost

Can someone point me in the right direction with this query. I basically require a combination of the Table Rate and Zones Rate Shipping. For example, I have 3 zones but i wish to set my shippig costs based on total order cost (price) boundaries instead of total weight.

I've googled and search both the contributions and forum sites but cannot find anything?! I thought this would be quite a popular method of shipping - am i just searching using the wrong keywords? All hlp greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jamie

Can someone point me in the right direction with this query. I basically require a combination of the Table Rate and Zones Rate Shipping. For example, I have 3 zones but i wish to set my shippig costs based on total order cost (price) boundaries instead of total weight.

I've googled and search both the contributions and forum sites but cannot find anything?! I thought this would be quite a popular method of shipping - am i just searching using the wrong keywords? All hlp greatly appreciated.

Regards, Jamie

in the file includes/modules/shipping/zones.php, you will find the following code:

$zones_table = split("[:,]" , $zones_cost);

$size = sizeof($zones_table);

for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i+=2) {

if ($shipping_weight <= $zones_table[$i]) {

$shipping = $zones_table[$i+1];

$shipping_method = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_WAY . ' ' . $dest_country . ' : ' . $shipping_weight . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS;

break;

}

}

Replace that piece of code by the following:

$order_total = $cart->show_total();

$zones_table = split("[:,]" , $zones_cost);

$size = sizeof($zones_table);

for ($i=0; $i<$size; $i+=2) {

if ($order_total <= $zones_table[$i]) {

$shipping = $zones_table[$i+1];

$shipping_method = MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_WAY . ' ' . $dest_country . ' : ' . $shipping_weight . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_ZONES_TEXT_UNITS;

break;

}

}

.. Once you ave changed the file and uploaded the changes WILL NOT reflect. you will ahve uninstall the zones module and install again. do the basic setup and it will work as desired.

Let me know if you see any issues.

Cheers

Hari