• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Which account and service should I choose?

sormui

Hi,

I'm newbie to paypal. Do I really need the business account if I don't have a company to run/host my online store? Also, which Merchant Services should I use? Does the latest version of osCommerce already included the paypal setup? Thanks in advance.

Which Product are you looking to use?

1. Website Payments Standard

2. Website Payments Pro (US/UK)

3. Express Checkout

Thanks,

John.

I don't know - that's why I need some help. I don't think I can get Website Payments Pro. So website payments standard or express checkout should I choose? What's internet merchant account? Does it really required?

I recomend to start with go with

1. Website Payments Standard

and use Paypal IPN.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

If you are accepting payments via Paypal then the Premiere Account would be the minimum requirement. Paypal IPN is usually built into the script. In Paypal there is also a place to set a return page for IPN. This is only useful if you are running only one website accepting payments. When you run multiple websites then you need to use an IPN module built into the coding of your cart software.

If you are accepting payments via Paypal then the Premiere Account would be the minimum requirement. Paypal IPN is usually built into the script. In Paypal there is also a place to set a return page for IPN. This is only useful if you are running only one website accepting payments. When you run multiple websites then you need to use an IPN module built into the coding of your cart software.

I've installed the latest version of osCommerce so PayPal Website Payments Standard is already included but how can I use the test paypal account to test it? I keep getting "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again." after "Continue" link in payment page. Any idea?

I've installed the latest version of osCommerce so PayPal Website Payments Standard is already included but how can I use the test paypal account to test it? I keep getting "Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again." after "Continue" link in payment page. Any idea?

Anyone can help?

Hi,

I too have recently gone through this process. Log into your PayPal Account, the easiest way to enter Sandbox is to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the tab for "Developers", this will take you into developer center. Click on Sandbox Test Environment, then click on "Test Accounts"- this let's you create accounts to test your PayPal interface. At Create Account click Preconfigured or Manual (Preconfigured is easier and faster), on the next screen you can choose between creating a Personal or Business (or both) test accounts. Once you have created your test PayPal account you will need to edit in your Payment Modules your PayPal IPN and change your Gateway Server to Sandbox. You can then make a test purchase using your test account as a buyer. Once you are finished with your test in Sandbox and are happy with the process, you will need to switch your Gateway Server back to "Live".

Now, the first time I did the Sandbox test, my PHP file got messed up and I had to fix some type to get it work properly. So may I suggest a second test file afterwards -outside of the Sandbox Environment, and choose PayPal as your payment. It should take you directly to Paypal and not to Sandbox, you can just return to your site and cancel the sale.

-Natasha :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Hi,

I too have recently gone through this process. Log into your PayPal Account, the easiest way to enter Sandbox is to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the tab for "Developers", this will take you into developer center. Click on Sandbox Test Environment, then click on "Test Accounts"- this let's you create accounts to test your PayPal interface. At Create Account click Preconfigured or Manual (Preconfigured is easier and faster), on the next screen you can choose between creating a Personal or Business (or both) test accounts. Once you have created your test PayPal account you will need to edit in your Payment Modules your PayPal IPN and change your Gateway Server to Sandbox. You can then make a test purchase using your test account as a buyer. Once you are finished with your test in Sandbox and are happy with the process, you will need to switch your Gateway Server back to "Live".

Now, the first time I did the Sandbox test, my PHP file got messed up and I had to fix some type to get it work properly. So may I suggest a second test file afterwards -outside of the Sandbox Environment, and choose PayPal as your payment. It should take you directly to Paypal and not to Sandbox, you can just return to your site and cancel the sale.

-Natasha :rolleyes: :thumbsup:

Thanks Natasha, I followed your steps and seem to be working but I am getting this error on the Order Confirmation page:

Warning: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0 in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\oscommerce-2.2rc2a\catalog\includes\modules\payment\paypal_standard.php on line 371

Any idea?

Also I am still getting "Error Detected" .......

I supsect the problem is the following values in the setting of Paypal:

Your Private Key

The location of your Private Key to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

Your Public Certificate

The location of your Public Certificate to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

PayPals Public Certificate

The location of the PayPal Public Certificate for encrypting the data.

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The Certificate ID to use from your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile.

Working Directory

The working directory to use for temporary files. (trailing slash needed)

Do you know where can I obtain those information? Thanks in advance!

Edited by sormui

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

These are not compulsory.

If in paypal profile You set accept encrypted form payments only then these will be required.

Satish

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

These are not compulsory.

If in paypal profile You set accept encrypted form payments only then these will be required.

Satish

Just a quick query... you say not compulsory, and only required if accept "Encrypted Form Payments Only" is enabled in PayPal, wouldn't having this DISABLED mean that you are sending information unsecurely??

A bit but its a big threat.

Most of the sites are sending it that way.

Basically the threat is that some one might chek the form code.

Change the value or details associated and make a post of that modified form to Paypal.

So a buyer can by modifying amount etc take some advantage.

But with IPN code the verification at IPN level will result in order status not getting thru.

Satish

A bit but its a big threat.

Most of the sites are sending it that way.

Basically the threat is that some one might chek the form code.

Change the value or details associated and make a post of that modified form to Paypal.

So a buyer can by modifying amount etc take some advantage.

But with IPN code the verification at IPN level will result in order status not getting thru.

Satish

Hi Satish,

I've tried to disable the Encrypted Web Payments and the errors seem to be gone. Then I was asked to login to PayPal Developer Central. Is it supposed to be like that?

Hi Satish,

I've tried to disable the Encrypted Web Payments and the errors seem to be gone. Then I was asked to login to PayPal Developer Central. Is it supposed to be like that?

Hi,

I forgot, I also had to disable the Encrypted Web Payments.

Sorry,

Natasha