• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Admin Redesign Idea

travistubbs

excellent stuff GL,

now time to play around with this MMmmmm :)

Oh No not me, We can thank Travis. Ive dressed up the admin before but never like this. This is awesome.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know I'm still working away on this thing. Things will slow down a little this week as I focus on another project. I'll be going over the administration section with my dad to ensure that the major functions of the site are working (since he'll be the one using it in the end).

I'm also working on creating those language files, but ... wow. That's a time-consuming task, ya know?

Here's a couple more screenshots of what's go come. Enjoy!

2242056593_b1e5d53bd9.jpg

2242065751_1bcfd3373d.jpg

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know I'm still working away on this thing. Things will slow down a little this week as I focus on another project. I'll be going over the administration section with my dad to ensure that the major functions of the site are working (since he'll be the one using it in the end).

I'm also working on creating those language files, but ... wow. That's a time-consuming task, ya know?

Here's a couple more screenshots of what's go come. Enjoy!

2242056593_b1e5d53bd9.jpg

2242065751_1bcfd3373d.jpg

All I can say is .. clap clap CLAP!!!

I love it!

I can code a bit but whenever I try to design a page I show it to my wife who responds .. "It looks like a cat threw up on the screen!!"

THAT is nice work.

I appreciate everyone's comments. If there's one thing I like doing is taking something that already exists and touching it up a bit. Wait... doesn't Apple already do that? :D I'm sure everyone in their life has seen something and been like "Hey... I wonder if this would make things better?" Why do ya think there's been so many version of Windows? no... wait... that's just cus they have to fix what they broke from the last version. :P

Oh yeah. Another screenshot. WOO!

2243020172_d8c6dbd6a4.jpg

I appreciate everyone's comments. If there's one thing I like doing is taking something that already exists and touching it up a bit. Wait... doesn't Apple already do that? :D I'm sure everyone in their life has seen something and been like "Hey... I wonder if this would make things better?" Why do ya think there's been so many version of Windows? no... wait... that's just cus they have to fix what they broke from the last version. :P

Oh yeah. Another screenshot. WOO!

2243020172_d8c6dbd6a4.jpg

Don't let it drop travistubbs.

You keep perfecting it and I'll keep the cheerleaders going!

Seriously, though, it's something I will come back and do. This is still a first run, you could say. Let's get the basic layout and functionality out of the way first, then come back and polish it up. :)

That would be great :thumbsup:

Hey gang! Just wanted to let you know I'm still alive! wait... *checks pulse* Yeah. Still alive!

I'm gonna get back to working on getting this Admin done. I'd love to hear (outside of the Language files issue) what all you'd love to see done.

Don't expect fast progress here as I gotta get back into the Job Hunt. I'm really not too keen with using all the money I have in my savings account.

Oh yeah. One other issue I didn't think about. What happens when a new release (be a bug fix or security update) of osCommerce comes out? See... told ya I'm just a hack. I didn't even plan for that! :D

Anyways, glad everyone is enjoy this so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Travis,

This is one of the best redesigns I have ever seen for the admin side of this application!!!

I just downloaded your file and will begin looking over it to see what I can help with - I'm sure I can whip out the language file stuff PDQ if you haven't done it already.

Later!

EXCELLENT JOB!!!! :D

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Has this project died, it looked so good so far.

I actually think that it might have D-Tech, but I hope to have some time to look at this thing again since I just downloaded Travis' latest version...

The GraphicZoo

check profile for web address

I actually think that it might have D-Tech, but I hope to have some time to look at this thing again since I just downloaded Travis' latest version...

You guys really wanting to use this should pick up where Travis left off and contribute in any way you can. I'm sure putting a few heads together, you can come up with something great. :)

• 2 weeks later...

someone has still the files? Because download links aren't working anymore. Who can do me the favor to reupload them somewhere so that i can download them?

Regards

• 3 months later...

Hey! Remember this little admin redesign thing I was working on? If ya did, great! Because I forgot about it. :P

Well, I didn't really forget about it. Being a non-programmer, this task got very complicated. Not to mention I had moved on to other non-releated projects. I hope I didn't disappoint anyone. Since it's been what seems like forever since I last looked at this, I'm not sure where to go from here, especially since I'm sure there have been some security updates since this was last released.

So, what's next? I would like to reevaluate this idea. I still like it and wished I had more time (and dedication) to work on it. It would also be nice to try and make this more of a drop-in replacement (no need to worry about adding/reconfiguring plug-ins, etc). The thing to keep in mind is that I'm no programmer, I'm no project manager. I'm just a guy who did this because I wanted to see a better and more familiar looking administration section.

If anyone would like to offer some insight as to what to do next and where to go from here, I would love to hear it. It seems a lot of people liked the idea and I would love to see it grow.

Decided to do some updating as I noticed my dad's site didn't have the option to do Store Feeds, so I went ahead and integrated the Automatic Store Feeds contrib (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4455). Here's a look at the changes I've made so far (still making adjustments).

3013140049_e4eda47039.jpg 3013976034_329a8ed348_m.jpg 3013139779_5efb2db2f6_m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived