• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCommerce Admin Redesign Idea

travistubbs

Actually, since my parents use a certain operating system by a certain big-name software company, I figure I would redesign the Admin section into something they're a little bit familiar with looking at.

This is definitely a work-in-progress. I'm open to suggestions as to what else can be done. Please remember that I don't know jack about PHP. In fact, I've been having to read up on a few things to make sure I was doing something right. So, I wouldn't call myself a programmer, coder, hacker. If anything, you could call me just a hack. :P

I'm sure people MAY want this to be released to the public, but I question the legality of that since I am kinda *ahem* "borrowing" graphics from a certain big-time software company that I'm sure has just a few lawyers with them. Feel free to chime in on that issue as well.

Anyways, the pics are just a sampling of what I have done so far. I hope to have this completed by the end of the month. I have a bit of time. Been jobless since May. :D Here's what I would like to finish up on.

Welcome / Home Screen

- Add Low Stock Listing panel

- Add Sales-To-Date panel

- Add more Common Tasks (six maximum, still deciding on what exactly)

Categories and Products

- Moving Active/Inactive switch into Toolbar

- Adding "Price" column to list

- Adding "Quantity" column to list

- Changing "Active" column to words instead of graphics

Customers

- Display complete Address in Details panel when customer selected

- Find a way to add New Customers in the Admin section

Orders

- Add Payment and Shipping options to "New Order" or "Edit Order" sections that are only available in the Admin and not on the live shop (such as Payment Option "Cash" or Delivery Option "In-Person").

Overall

- Conversion of all other untouched pages

- Correction of any browser-specific rendering issues (for the most part, all ok so far!)

- Correction of any OS-specific rendering issues (again, for the most part, all ok so far!)

- Many cosmetics fixes

- Optimization of stylesheet

- Removal of unnecessary graphics

- Cleanup of unnecessary files

- Comment on code changes?

Anyways, hope you enjoy. Comments welcomed. :D

I love it! Remove graphics from vista :P We are going to put our graphics :P

I love oscommerce and OS software! I'm not a programmer, I'm only a learning boy and a translator :) I love full contribution packages!

I think you are selling yourself short. This is an excellent project! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very neat, orderly and contemporary. I would prefer to have the option of keeping the graphics as well as using my own.

Don't keep us waiting too long.... :rolleyes:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. It looks like next weekend's completion of the redesign is looking promising. What you see is nice, but trust me, the changes underneath are terrible. A lot of the language stuff is hard-coded, so no go for localization. My bad!

Nonetheless, here's the updated Welcome Screen thingy. Enjoy!

2224302157_76f2daf574.jpg

What you see is nice, but trust me, the changes underneath are terrible. A lot of the language stuff is hard-coded, so no go for localization. My bad!

It would be nice if you could do the extra effort of using language constants instead of static text :thumbsup:

It would be nice if you could do the extra effort of using language constants instead of static text :thumbsup:

"Extra effort"? Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! It's a bit of work as it is. Come on!! Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd!! I give and give and you people just want more!! I'm running home and crying to my mommy!! (*sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm*) :D

Seriously, though, it's something I will come back and do. This is still a first run, you could say. Let's get the basic layout and functionality out of the way first, then come back and polish it up. :)

I may be jobless, but I'm still just one person. Unless... ... ... have scientists perfected cloning yet? :P

Hey! Lookie! More screenies! :D

2229016074_a2867fd59d.jpg

2228223345_a40de596d5.jpg

2229016118_99aaf446d8.jpg

I NEED IT!

This makes osCommerce look at least 1 gabillion times better.

PLLLLLEASE make a write up, even using static text I wouldn't care (a lot of us run single language shops anyway :)

Hey kids! I have good news and bad news.

Let's get the bad out of the way. I wasn't able to complete the redesign by this weekend as I hoped. Turns out the last few parts that need to be completed are a little bit tougher than anticipated. ... ... ... Plus I got a bad case of lazy the last two days. :P

Good news! I'm going to go ahead and post what I've completed so far. I'm fixing up the package right now with the add-ons that I have used. I'm also going to include some very janky instructions, like the kind you find in IKEA Furniture.

It'll be rough and I highly recommend you do NOT run this on a live site. I'll use it personally since I can make fixes as soon as I run into them, but again, I don't recommend you use it on a real site.

So, check back later today and get it a whirl. Hope you enjoy!

Tada! The file! For some reason, I can't figure out how to upload files here, so I put it on Box.net. Enjoy!

http://public.box.net/travistubbs

Word of warning: DON'T RUN ON A LIVE SITE. Seriously. This thing is incomplete and I'm sure buggy. There are design issues and more. I know it's not exactly perfect in anyway, but I didn't want to leave all of you hanging. Good luck! :D

Tada! The file! For some reason, I can't figure out how to upload files here, so I put it on Box.net. Enjoy!

http://public.box.net/travistubbs

Word of warning: DON'T RUN ON A LIVE SITE. Seriously. This thing is incomplete and I'm sure buggy. There are design issues and more. I know it's not exactly perfect in anyway, but I didn't want to leave all of you hanging. Good luck! :D

Thank You. I dont care how buggy it may be. I'll install it and then work the bugs out, if any. Totally awesome. Especially the Texas Logo. Perfect for my next project.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

I got a question for you. What contribution did you add thats uses these 3 files?

admin/includes/html_to_pdf.php

admin/includes/pdf_encryptor.php

admin/includes/html.php

Thanks

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Thank You. I dont care how buggy it may be. I'll install it and then work the bugs out, if any. Totally awesome. Especially the Texas Logo. Perfect for my next project.

Whoa whoa... Texas Logo?? Oops... that was suppose to be taken out. That's my dad's store logo. :P Please disregard that!

I got a question for you. What contribution did you add thats uses these 3 files?

admin/includes/html_to_pdf.php

admin/includes/pdf_encryptor.php

admin/includes/html.php

Thanks

Oops... that was my attempt to use a HTML to PDF PHP script to try and automatically make PDFs out of some things. I just forgot to take them out. See. This thing is a mess still! :D

Whoa whoa... Texas Logo?? Oops... that was suppose to be taken out. That's my dad's store logo. :P Please disregard that!

LOL! You can see where Im from now. It would be kind of hard to get rid of the Old Republic.

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Archived