Sign in to follow this  
dbarkman

USPS Module not working out of box

I'm setting up a new store and have just turned on the USPS module, filled in my shippingapis.com login and password and get the following message:

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Running version 2.2, also checked on another store, just turned it on and entered my login info and same error.

Anyone else seen this error?

Thanks

David

I have just set up a new store, and want to use the USPS Shipping module also. However, I am getting the same exact problem. I got an EMAIL from USPS saying that I need to send a "test string", but there is not "test" option in my OSCOMMERCE shipping module. I am thinking there should be a "test" option as there is (or used to be) in the paypal IPN module.....

Anyone have any tips? Because I cant officially open my store untill I get this kink worked out. I dont want to have to resort to using flat rate shipping.

I'm setting up a new store and have just turned on the USPS module, filled in my shippingapis.com login and password and get the following message:

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Running version 2.2, also checked on another store, just turned it on and entered my login info and same error.

Anyone else seen this error?

Thanks

David

You need to get a hold of USPS and tell them to put you on the production server not the test server. After that should be working. Also make sure you have placed weights on product and configured your zip code.