Sign in to follow this  
rickard_l

configure.php attributes

Cant change attributes on the file configure.php ( osc/includes/configure.php )and have a text that says its a security risk.

I installed a template earlier today and now I can't make this text row dissapere

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: .../public_html/osc/osc/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

What should I do? I tried to change the attributes to 444 but it will not change. When i try it in my FTP client it's still something else after I'we pressed ok.

Any tips?

Cant change attributes on the file configure.php ( osc/includes/configure.php )and have a text that says its a security risk.

I installed a template earlier today and now I can't make this text row dissapere

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: .../public_html/osc/osc/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

What should I do? I tried to change the attributes to 444 but it will not change. When i try it in my FTP client it's still something else after I'we pressed ok.

Any tips?

Weird, I'm having the exact same problem

Use your ISPs admin area.

If access rights can't be changed there contact them.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Use your ISPs admin area.

If access rights can't be changed there contact them.

OK, anywhere I should look... suggestions?

And contact who? :blush:

Thx

//Rickard

OK, anywhere I should look... suggestions?

And contact who? :blush:

Thx

//Rickard

The web host usually has a control that you can use for your account with them If you have one, see if there is a filemanager there. If so, use that to change the file permissions.

If all else fails, ask your webhost to change the file permissions for you.

The Coopco Underwear Shop

If you live to be 100 years of age, that means you have lived for 36,525 days. Don't waste another, there aren't many left.