• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New AuthNet Module Changes Observed

I observed that the New AuthNet module asks for the credit card information on the order confirmation page instead of the checkout payment page.

May we know the reason for this change?

Doesn't it make the checkout payment page redundant since we'll be paying on the confirmation page anyway?

I was wondering about that too. I installed the new Authorize.net AIM module, and it only adds a single line on checkout_payment page, then the customer has to enter the cc info on the checkout_confirmation page. If you use this module as the only payment method, what is the point of having the checkout_payment page at all, if there is nothing for the customer to enter there? Is there a way that checkout_payment could be skipped completely in this case?

In a way, it's one step closer to the ideal of a single-page checkout process. If everything could be moved to the checkout_confirmation page, and be edited by the customer there if necessary, then checkout_shipping and checkout_payment could be eliminated completely, making the whole process faster and simpler for the customer.

I was wondering about that too. I installed the new Authorize.net AIM module, and it only adds a single line on checkout_payment page, then the customer has to enter the cc info on the checkout_confirmation page. If you use this module as the only payment method, what is the point of having the checkout_payment page at all, if there is nothing for the customer to enter there? Is there a way that checkout_payment could be skipped completely in this case?

It looks like my last comments were deleted for never made it for some reason. Anyway, you bring up an excellent point. If one enters the payment details on the checkout_confirmation page, that essentially makes the checkout_payment page redundant.

Anway, after looking at the code in the new module, the appearance and action of various items are put in different classes.

As of lst week when i looked at the new AIM module, the code that creates the form for credit card details is located in a function called confirmation().

If you wanted the customer to input card data where one selects a payment method, you would put this code in the function called selection().

I'm sure you can edit your shop so checkout payment is skipped entirely by putting all the payment selection on the confirmation page. It does seem redundant. You'd need to make some changes in checkout shipping (if you use it) so the page goes directly to checkout confirmation and you'd also need to update code in checkout_process so all credit card responses go to checkout confirmation and also add the code in checkout confirmation to show any of the CC responses at a bare minimum.

It's definitely doable but it will take some time and patience to roll up your sleeves and dig into the code. None of which I unfortunately have right now. You may want to have a look at the FEC addon.

Edited by Bruin_03

The new changes are probaly related to to making PCI compliance easier....

If you use only 1 payment metode, then yes its very easy to skip the checkout_payment page... <<<Click Me>>>